Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP?? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP?? - Mozilla ; Firefox 3 took away the Go button on the URL bar and there is no toolbar customization to put one there. I am just about ready to go postal on someone for taking my Go button. G*dD***it... why did they ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 81

  1. Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Firefox 3 took away the Go button on the URL bar and there is no toolbar
    customization to put one there. I am just about ready to go postal on
    someone for taking my Go button. G*dD***it... why did they do that?!! It
    wasn't hurting anyone. It was to f**king small to be in the way. It's
    just a Go button, for God's sake. What idiot decided it wasn't useful? I
    want to choke someone, preferably someone at Mozilla. Good God, man, I
    need a Go button pill...

  2. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Virtual Guy wrote:
    > Firefox 3 took away the Go button on the URL bar and there is no toolbar
    > customization to put one there. I am just about ready to go postal on
    > someone for taking my Go button. G*dD***it... why did they do that?!! It
    > wasn't hurting anyone. It was to f**king small to be in the way. It's
    > just a Go button, for God's sake. What idiot decided it wasn't useful? I
    > want to choke someone, preferably someone at Mozilla. Good God, man, I
    > need a Go button pill...

    Why do you need one? just hit return......

  3. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Gordon wrote:
    > Virtual Guy wrote:
    >> Firefox 3 took away the Go button on the URL bar and there is no toolbar
    >> customization to put one there. I am just about ready to go postal on
    >> someone for taking my Go button. G*dD***it... why did they do that?!! It
    >> wasn't hurting anyone. It was to f**king small to be in the way. It's
    >> just a Go button, for God's sake. What idiot decided it wasn't useful? I
    >> want to choke someone, preferably someone at Mozilla. Good God, man, I
    >> need a Go button pill...

    > Why do you need one? just hit return......

    No no he's right. A Go button for some people is a must.

  4. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Gordon wrote:
    > Virtual Guy wrote:
    >> Firefox 3 took away the Go button on the URL bar and there is no toolbar
    >> customization to put one there. I am just about ready to go postal on
    >> someone for taking my Go button. G*dD***it... why did they do that?!! It
    >> wasn't hurting anyone. It was to f**king small to be in the way. It's
    >> just a Go button, for God's sake. What idiot decided it wasn't useful? I
    >> want to choke someone, preferably someone at Mozilla. Good God, man, I
    >> need a Go button pill...

    > Why do you need one? just hit return......

    I knew that would be the inevitable reply. Not everyone uses the a Web
    browser the same way you do? I find the Go button to be far more
    efficient in many circumstances. The way I use my browser, it is a must.
    I should NOT be forced to use the browser the way someone else thinks is
    best for me. I know what I want. I want a ****ing Go button on my
    address bar. It is a simple matter that makes a huge difference to me,
    and probably many others.

  5. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Virtual Guy wrote:
    > Firefox 3 took away the Go button on the URL bar and there is no toolbar
    > customization to put one there. I am just about ready to go postal on
    > someone for taking my Go button. G*dD***it... why did they do that?!! It
    > wasn't hurting anyone. It was to f**king small to be in the way. It's
    > just a Go button, for God's sake. What idiot decided it wasn't useful? I
    > want to choke someone, preferably someone at Mozilla. Good God, man, I
    > need a Go button pill...

    Good Grief!
    It's just a button. If you can't press enter, then download an
    extension to put it back on the line. Sheesh!

  6. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    > best for me. I know what I want. I want a ****ing Go button on my
    > address bar. It is a simple matter that makes a huge difference to me,
    > and probably many others.

    Click the arrow. That is the go button. Just found that out.

    I also like to have a go button.

  7. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Virtual Guy wrote:
    >> Firefox 3 took away the Go button on the URL bar and there is no
    >> toolbar customization to put one there. I am just about ready to go
    >> postal on someone for taking my Go button. G*dD***it... why did they
    >> do that?!! It wasn't hurting anyone. It was to f**king small to be in
    >> the way. It's just a Go button, for God's sake. What idiot decided it
    >> wasn't useful? I want to choke someone, preferably someone at Mozilla.
    >> Good God, man, I need a Go button pill...

    > Good Grief!
    > It's just a button. If you can't press enter, then download an
    > extension to put it back on the line. Sheesh!

    No, it's not JUST a button. It's the friggin' GO button. It has been on
    Web browsers since the Web browser was invented. It serves a perfectly
    useful purpose, and when it's where it's supposed to be, I don't have
    lift my hand from the mouse, find the keyboard, then find the mouse
    again. Having no GO button reduces my efficiency with wasted movement. I
    can only hope there is an add-on that will give it back. I've never seen
    one, and I've never needed one, because the Go button was always there.
    To me, it seems stupid to eliminate the Go button from the URL bar. It's
    like removing the SEND button from your e-mail client.

  8. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Adhal wrote:
    >> best for me. I know what I want. I want a ****ing Go button on my
    >> address bar. It is a simple matter that makes a huge difference to me,
    >> and probably many others.

    > Click the arrow. That is the go button. Just found that out.
    >
    > I also like to have a go button.

    Ah-hah!! It does, indeed, seem to replace the Go button. I did not see
    it there previously. I can live without a go button if the arrow works
    the same. But, you know, there was never anything wrong with a little
    button that does what it says it does.

  9. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    On 6/17/08 3:48 PM, _Virtual Guy_ spoke thusly:
    > Firefox 3 took away the Go button on the URL bar and there is no toolbar
    > customization to put one there. I am just about ready to go postal on
    > someone for taking my Go button. G*dD***it... why did they do that?!! It
    > wasn't hurting anyone. It was to f**king small to be in the way. It's
    > just a Go button, for God's sake. What idiot decided it wasn't useful? I
    > want to choke someone, preferably someone at Mozilla. Good God, man, I
    > need a Go button pill...

    The Go arrow will appear when the text in the Location bar is different
    from the page you are at.
    --
    Chris Ilias

  10. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 6/17/08 3:48 PM, _Virtual Guy_ spoke thusly:
    >> Firefox 3 took away the Go button on the URL bar and there is no
    >> toolbar customization to put one there. I am just about ready to go
    >> postal on someone for taking my Go button. G*dD***it... why did they
    >> do that?!! It wasn't hurting anyone. It was to f**king small to be in
    >> the way. It's just a Go button, for God's sake. What idiot decided it
    >> wasn't useful? I want to choke someone, preferably someone at Mozilla.
    >> Good God, man, I need a Go button pill...

    > The Go arrow will appear when the text in the Location bar is different
    > from the page you are at.

    Thanks for the clarification. I guess evolving from a Go button to a Go
    arrow is considered progress. I like the new interface, and I guess I
    will get used to the new arrow.

  11. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Virtual Guy wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> On 6/17/08 3:48 PM, _Virtual Guy_ spoke thusly:
    >>> Firefox 3 took away the Go button on the URL bar and there is no
    >>> toolbar customization to put one there. I am just about ready to go
    >>> postal on someone for taking my Go button. G*dD***it... why did they
    >>> do that?!! It wasn't hurting anyone. It was to f**king small to be in
    >>> the way. It's just a Go button, for God's sake. What idiot decided it
    >>> wasn't useful? I want to choke someone, preferably someone at
    >>> Mozilla. Good God, man, I need a Go button pill...

    >> The Go arrow will appear when the text in the Location bar is
    >> different from the page you are at.

    > Thanks for the clarification. I guess evolving from a Go button to a Go
    > arrow is considered progress. I like the new interface, and I guess I
    > will get used to the new arrow.

    IE7 does the same thing - who copied who? ;-)

  12. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Virtual Guy wrote:

    > No, it's not JUST a button. It's the friggin' GO button. It has been on
    > Web browsers since the Web browser was invented.

    its not on Opera, its not on Safari, and IE7 doesn't have one.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  13. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Virtual Guy wrote:
    >
    >> No, it's not JUST a button. It's the friggin' GO button. It has been
    >> on Web browsers since the Web browser was invented.

    > its not on Opera, its not on Safari, and IE7 doesn't have one.

    That's another reason why those browser SUCK!

  14. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Virtual Guy wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Virtual Guy wrote:
    >>
    >>> No, it's not JUST a button. It's the friggin' GO button. It has been
    >>> on Web browsers since the Web browser was invented.

    >> its not on Opera, its not on Safari, and IE7 doesn't have one.
    >>

    > That's another reason why those browser SUCK!

    If you get worked up this much over a 'Go' button there may be a deeper
    issue...

    Daddy

  15. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Virtual Guy wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> its not on Opera, its not on Safari, and IE7 doesn't have one.
    >>>

    >> That's another reason why those browser SUCK!

    > oh and one other thing: whats the difference between the go button in FF
    > 2 and FF 3? Nothing. They're both arrows. If you see something
    > different, then thats because you're using a theme that changed the
    > arrow to a button.

    The Go button in FF2 was outside the URL window, whereas the Go arrow is
    inside the URL window. Not a big difference, once you realize where it
    is. The arrow in FF3 is much less prominent, and is easy to overlook.
    Or, it was for me, until someone pointed it out to me. I guess I was too
    busy bitching to notice it.

  16. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Daddy wrote:
    > Virtual Guy wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> its not on Opera, its not on Safari, and IE7 doesn't have one.
    >>>

    >> That's another reason why those browser SUCK!

    > If you get worked up this much over a 'Go' button there may be a deeper
    > issue...
    >
    > Daddy

    It's the little things in life...

  17. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Virtual Guy wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Virtual Guy wrote:
    >>
    >>> No, it's not JUST a button. It's the friggin' GO button. It has been
    >>> on Web browsers since the Web browser was invented.

    >> its not on Opera, its not on Safari, and IE7 doesn't have one.
    >>

    > That's another reason why those browser SUCK!

    oh and one other thing: whats the difference between the go
    button in FF 2 and FF 3? Nothing. They're both arrows. If
    you see something different, then thats because you're using
    a theme that changed the arrow to a button.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  18. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Virtual Guy wrote:
    >
    >> No, it's not JUST a button. It's the friggin' GO button. It has been
    >> on Web browsers since the Web browser was invented.

    > its not on Opera, its not on Safari, and IE7 doesn't have one.

    IE7 has a go button, it is also the refresh button. I have no clue about the others.

    It's all to taste really. I like having a go button, and first thing I noticed was the lack of a go
    button.

    Took me a bit to realise notice the arrow, as first thing I saw was a star there and never paid it
    much attention.

  19. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Virtual Guy wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> Virtual Guy wrote:
    >>> Firefox 3 took away the Go button on the URL bar and there is no
    >>> toolbar customization to put one there. I am just about ready to go
    >>> postal on someone for taking my Go button. G*dD***it... why did they
    >>> do that?!! It wasn't hurting anyone. It was to f**king small to be in
    >>> the way. It's just a Go button, for God's sake. What idiot decided it
    >>> wasn't useful? I want to choke someone, preferably someone at
    >>> Mozilla. Good God, man, I need a Go button pill...

    >> Good Grief!
    >> It's just a button. If you can't press enter, then download an
    >> extension to put it back on the line. Sheesh!

    > No, it's not JUST a button. It's the friggin' GO button. It has been on
    > Web browsers since the Web browser was invented. It serves a perfectly
    > useful purpose, and when it's where it's supposed to be, I don't have
    > lift my hand from the mouse, find the keyboard, then find the mouse
    > again. Having no GO button reduces my efficiency with wasted movement. I
    > can only hope there is an add-on that will give it back. I've never seen
    > one, and I've never needed one, because the Go button was always there.
    > To me, it seems stupid to eliminate the Go button from the URL bar. It's
    > like removing the SEND button from your e-mail client.

    That what you get when developers rather than taking into consideration
    the normal ways of doing things decide "oh, we don't need the go button.
    Not realizing it cuts down on efficiency not to have one.

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  20. Re: Jesus Christ! Who Screwed UP??

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Virtual Guy wrote:
    >
    >> No, it's not JUST a button. It's the friggin' GO button. It has been
    >> on Web browsers since the Web browser was invented.

    > its not on Opera, its not on Safari, and IE7 doesn't have one.

    I can't use IE, and I don't use either of the other though I have them.

    I'm not exactly crazy about the new Bookmark system.

    Sometimes Changes is done for the sake of Change as the tag line in my
    Sig file says: *If it's "fixed", don't "break it"*!