Secnews Will Live - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Secnews Will Live - Mozilla ; Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL. -- Jay Garcia Netscape Champion UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

  1. Secnews Will Live

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  2. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be
    > installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL.

    I thought they were going to pull the plug

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be
    > installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL.

    Great news indeed Jay.

  4. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be
    > installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL.

    You might want to put a bug in their ear about applying for a new
    cert. This latest one is about to expire isn't it?!?!? ;-)

    --
    Dennis

  5. Re: Secnews Will Live

    On 16.06.2008 19:31, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >> Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be
    >> installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL.
    >>

    > I thought they were going to pull the plug

    I thought so as well until I rec'd the email from IT earlier.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  6. Re: Secnews Will Live

    On 16.06.2008 21:14, Dennis wrote:

    >> Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be
    >> installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL.
    >>

    > You might want to put a bug in their ear about applying for a new
    > cert. This latest one is about to expire isn't it?!?!? ;-)

    Staying under the radar at the moment is sage advice. :-)

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  7. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 16.06.2008 19:31, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    maybe this is the real reason why the server has been down
    for so long: http://www.breitbart.tv/html/108653.html

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  8. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >> On 16.06.2008 19:31, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    Hey, Peter, could you do us (the un-loved still on dial-up) a favour,
    please? When you post a link that is going to start downloading a film
    clip, give us a heads up, please!

    Ta.

    Daniel

  9. Re: Secnews Will Live

    On 17.06.2008 02:22, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to generate the following:? :

    Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL.

    hip-hip hooray!!
    now, let's all get back to serious internetting!

    reg

  10. Re: Secnews Will Live

    On 17.06.2008 00:19, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >> On 16.06.2008 19:31, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    Ah, so you saw the video from my office ... :-)

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  11. Re: Secnews Will Live

    On 17.06.2008 05:00, Daniel wrote:

    >>> On 16.06.2008 19:31, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    Didn't start downloading until I clicked the play arrow.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  12. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Daniel wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>> On 16.06.2008 19:31, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    yours started to play right away? Mine didn't. I had to
    click on it before it would start.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  13. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    O.K., this time I just let it go......after about one MB of d/l the site
    seemed to be all downloaded, then I hit the play button, and I closed
    the tab after about 0.5 MB had gotten me about five seconds of a
    2min51sec video or something. So after about 17-20MB (and many minutes),
    I would have had the whole video.

    Daniel

  14. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Daniel wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Daniel wrote:

    if you're getting a 17 to 20 mb download, then something
    else is happening. Its only a 10.43 mb file.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  15. Re: Secnews Will Live

    On this day, 6/17/2008 10:55 AM, the esteemed Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote, with the utmost intelligence
    > Daniel wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    Check this link below:

    http://forums.cnet.com/5208-10149_10...257993&start=0

  16. Re: Secnews Will Live

    ADM wrote:
    > On this day, 6/17/2008 10:55 AM, the esteemed Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote, with the utmost intelligence
    >> Daniel wrote:

    I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with the topic at
    hand?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  17. Re: Secnews Will Live

    *-* On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, at 16:57:23 -0700,
    *-* In Article SdCdnSjlAcGC08XVnZ2dnUVZ_oLinZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote
    *-* About Re: Secnews Will Live

    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    [ ... ]

> [...]

    About a week ago, a friend had sent me links to a Fox News story
    about that (), as
    well as links to that video
    and a follow-up video in which the guy gets Tasered
    .

    The follow-up video is about 3.7 MB, a lot smaller than the first
    one.

    >>> yours started to play right away? Mine didn't. I had to click on
    >>> it before it would start.

    >> O.K., this time I just let it go......after about one MB of d/l the
    >> site seemed to be all downloaded, then I hit the play button, and I
    >> closed the tab after about 0.5 MB had gotten me about five seconds
    >> of a 2min51sec video or something. So after about 17-20MB (and many
    >> minutes), I would have had the whole video.

    > if you're getting a 17 to 20 mb download, then something else is
    > happening. Its only a 10.43 mb file.

    On 56K dial-up, even "only" that file will still take about 40
    min to download.

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  18. Re: Secnews Will Live

    On 18.06.2008 06:40, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
    > ADM wrote:

    reckon, Grant, that post was meant for my call for help, early this morning!

    reg

  19. Re: Secnews Will Live

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 18.06.2008 06:40, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    > the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
    >> ADM wrote:
    >>
    >>> On this day, 6/17/2008 10:55 AM, the esteemed Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote, with the utmost intelligence

    I figured as much, I hey, I still had to ask!

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  20. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    Oh, great, so I only have to download 10.43 Mb rather than my estimated
    (amount downloaded times per cent complete, my mental arithmetic must be
    failing!!)! Just as well I don't have to do that every day!!

    (Blow my monthly D/L allowance in half a month)

    Daniel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast