Secnews Will Live - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Secnews Will Live - Mozilla ; Daniel wrote: > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote: >> Daniel wrote: >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote: >>>> Daniel wrote: >>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote: >>>>>> Jay Garcia wrote: >>>>>>> On 16.06.2008 19:31, Peter Potamus the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Daniel wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Daniel wrote:

    there's one way to fix your problem: don't click on links.
    You'll never know where it will take you and you don't know
    whats behind them.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  2. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    Peter, I've got no problem with clicking on a html link that might take
    me to a newspaper story or some interesting web page where someone has
    posted a screen grab demonstrating their problem, but I would appreciate
    some warning if clicking on the link will require me to d/l
    several/many/heaps of MB of data to achieve a useful result!!

    Daniel

  3. Re: Secnews Will Live

    ADM wrote:
    > On this day, 6/17/2008 10:55 AM, the esteemed Peter Potamus the Purple
    > Hippo wrote, with the utmost intelligence
    >> Daniel wrote:

    Before I click on this link, will my doing so cause me to initiate the
    download of a video??

    Daniel

  4. Re: Secnews Will Live

    On 20.06.2008 12:12, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    generate the following:? :
    > ADM wrote:
    >
    >> On this day, 6/17/2008 10:55 AM, the esteemed Peter Potamus the Purple
    >> Hippo wrote, with the utmost intelligence

    nope - it's a link to a discussion forum and tells you about a boot
    virus (I asked about that in another thread)

    reg

  5. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be
    > installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL.

    well, its over 168 hours since this annoucement was made,
    and still nothing! :-(

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: Secnews Will Live

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >> Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be
    >> installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL.

    > well, its over 168 hours since this annoucement was made, and still
    > nothing! :-(

    I just tried to send a message to the netscape.mozilla.thunderbird
    group, but nothing came though, it got sent, but I cant see it in the
    group. So its not working.

  7. Re: Secnews Will Live

    John wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>> Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be
    >>> installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL.

    >> well, its over 168 hours since this annoucement was made, and still
    >> nothing! :-(
    >>

    > I just tried to send a message to the netscape.mozilla.thunderbird
    > group, but nothing came though, it got sent, but I cant see it in the
    > group. So its not working.

    Still showing connection refuse when I click on the subscribe link.

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  8. Re: Secnews Will Live

    On 23.06.2008 23:34, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >> Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be
    >> installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL.

    > well, its over 168 hours since this annoucement was made,
    > and still nothing! :-(

    Maybe somebody's desk is on vacation. Who knows .... All I have is the
    email from IT to go on.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  9. Re: Secnews Will Live

    On 24.06.2008 07:54, John wrote:

    >>> Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be
    >>> installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL.

    >> well, its over 168 hours since this annoucement was made, and still
    >> nothing! :-(
    >>

    > I just tried to send a message to the netscape.mozilla.thunderbird
    > group, but nothing came though, it got sent, but I cant see it in the
    > group. So its not working.

    That group is not on secnews port 563 (SSL) but rather originates on the
    port 119 side.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  10. Re: Secnews Will Live

    John wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>> Good news, Secnews will live once again. The new certificate will be
    >>> installed in another day or so as per IT at AOL.

    >> well, its over 168 hours since this annoucement was made, and still
    >> nothing! :-(
    >>

    > I just tried to send a message to the netscape.mozilla.thunderbird
    > group, but nothing came though, it got sent, but I cant see it in the
    > group. So its not working.

    are you using port 119 or 563 with SSL checked? As I
    understand it, Port 119 is still working, but not 563. Thats
    the one thats down.