Messages disappearing from Inbox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Messages disappearing from Inbox - Mozilla ; Win XP and TB 2.0.0.14 - Yesterday the emails in my Inbox just disappeared. I was reading Mozilla News and clicked on the Inbox and nothing was there (blank). It still showed that some were unread in the left column, ...

  1. Messages disappearing from Inbox

    Win XP and TB 2.0.0.14 - Yesterday the emails in
    my Inbox just disappeared. I was reading Mozilla
    News and clicked on the Inbox and nothing was
    there (blank). It still showed that some were
    unread in the left column, but nothing showed up
    when you clicked on the Inbox itself. Today, a
    sub-folder of the Inbox lost all of its messages.
    I shut down TB and then restarted it and now the
    sub-folder is missing entirely.

    Three questions: How can I recover the emails?
    Two, what could be causing this to happen? Three,
    can I do anything about it so it won't happen
    again? Thanks

  2. Re: Messages disappearing from Inbox

    The date and time was 6/9/2008 9:44 AM, and on a whim, BAGs pounded out
    on the keyboard:

    > Win XP and TB 2.0.0.14 - Yesterday the emails in
    > my Inbox just disappeared. I was reading Mozilla
    > News and clicked on the Inbox and nothing was
    > there (blank). It still showed that some were
    > unread in the left column, but nothing showed up
    > when you clicked on the Inbox itself. Today, a
    > sub-folder of the Inbox lost all of its messages.
    > I shut down TB and then restarted it and now the
    > sub-folder is missing entirely.
    >
    > Three questions: How can I recover the emails?
    > Two, what could be causing this to happen? Three,
    > can I do anything about it so it won't happen
    > again? Thanks

    First steps:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Disappearing_mail

    --
    Terry R.

  3. Re: Messages disappearing from Inbox

    On 6/9/2008 1:06 PM, Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 6/9/2008 9:44 AM, and on a whim, BAGs pounded out
    > on the keyboard:
    >
    >> Win XP and TB 2.0.0.14 - Yesterday the emails in my Inbox just
    >> disappeared. I was reading Mozilla News and clicked on the Inbox and
    >> nothing was there (blank). It still showed that some were unread in
    >> the left column, but nothing showed up when you clicked on the Inbox
    >> itself. Today, a sub-folder of the Inbox lost all of its messages.
    >> I shut down TB and then restarted it and now the sub-folder is missing
    >> entirely.
    >>
    >> Three questions: How can I recover the emails? Two, what could be
    >> causing this to happen? Three, can I do anything about it so it won't
    >> happen again? Thanks

    > First steps:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Disappearing_mail

    Thanks, I went through all the steps shown in the
    link including removal of the *.msf files and
    still nothing shows. I ran TB in the Safe Mode.
    I checked the firewall and it isn't blocking
    anything, anti-virus shows we are clean and
    nothing is blocked, and the two POP folders for
    other accounts are fine along with the drafts,
    templates, trash, etc. for this Inbox. This is
    frustrating since there were three new emails that
    I now don't know who sent them or if they need a
    reply. Any other thoughts?

  4. Re: Messages disappearing from Inbox

    The date and time was 6/9/2008 12:02 PM, and on a whim, BAGs pounded out
    on the keyboard:

    > On 6/9/2008 1:06 PM, Terry R. wrote:
    >> The date and time was 6/9/2008 9:44 AM, and on a whim, BAGs pounded out
    >> on the keyboard:
    >>
    >>> Win XP and TB 2.0.0.14 - Yesterday the emails in my Inbox just
    >>> disappeared. I was reading Mozilla News and clicked on the Inbox and
    >>> nothing was there (blank). It still showed that some were unread in
    >>> the left column, but nothing showed up when you clicked on the Inbox
    >>> itself. Today, a sub-folder of the Inbox lost all of its messages.
    >>> I shut down TB and then restarted it and now the sub-folder is missing
    >>> entirely.
    >>>
    >>> Three questions: How can I recover the emails? Two, what could be
    >>> causing this to happen? Three, can I do anything about it so it won't
    >>> happen again? Thanks

    >> First steps:
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Disappearing_mail
    >>

    > Thanks, I went through all the steps shown in the
    > link including removal of the *.msf files and
    > still nothing shows. I ran TB in the Safe Mode.
    > I checked the firewall and it isn't blocking
    > anything, anti-virus shows we are clean and
    > nothing is blocked, and the two POP folders for
    > other accounts are fine along with the drafts,
    > templates, trash, etc. for this Inbox. This is
    > frustrating since there were three new emails that
    > I now don't know who sent them or if they need a
    > reply. Any other thoughts?

    You do have View settings set to All?

    Close TB. Navigate to your profile folder, create a copy of the file
    Inbox (maybe naming it Inbox2) and open the file copy with Notepad. Do
    you see the missing email? If so, maybe they were set as deleted. Read
    about resetting the status here:
    http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/restoredelmail.html

    Have you disabled any filters?

    --