watch thread - Mozilla

This is a discussion on watch thread - Mozilla ; This should be easy but I can not find the answer in the TB KB or through Google. Just moved to a new (Vista) PC. Everything in TB migrated well (except RSS, but that is for another day). My minor ...

  1. watch thread

    This should be easy but I can not find the answer in the TB KB or
    through Google.
    Just moved to a new (Vista) PC. Everything in TB migrated well (except
    RSS, but that is for another day).
    My minor problem is 'Watch Thread.' On my XP PC, if I highlighed a post
    to a ng and hit 'W,' I would get an eye? beside the thread and watch the
    thread as long as I wanted. With TB on the Vista PC,I do not get the
    eye? icon in a TB column and the thread does not appear 'watched.'
    How can I be certain 'Watch Thread' is actually working?
    How can I get the 'Watch Thread' icon to show in ng's?

  2. Re: watch thread

    On 6/9/2008 7:07 AM, Jay Lunis wrote:
    > This should be easy but I can not find the answer in the TB KB or
    > through Google.
    > Just moved to a new (Vista) PC. Everything in TB migrated well (except
    > RSS, but that is for another day).
    > My minor problem is 'Watch Thread.' On my XP PC, if I highlighed a post
    > to a ng and hit 'W,' I would get an eye? beside the thread and watch the
    > thread as long as I wanted. With TB on the Vista PC,I do not get the
    > eye? icon in a TB column and the thread does not appear 'watched.'
    > How can I be certain 'Watch Thread' is actually working?
    > How can I get the 'Watch Thread' icon to show in ng's?

    Does the "watch thread" icon appear in the heading line for the folder?
    If not, click on the funny looking gizmo on the right hand end of the
    heading line and select "Thread".

    --
    Irwin

  3. Re: watch thread

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    > On 6/9/2008 7:07 AM, Jay Lunis wrote:
    >> This should be easy but I can not find the answer in the TB KB or
    >> through Google.
    >> Just moved to a new (Vista) PC. Everything in TB migrated well
    >> (except RSS, but that is for another day).
    >> My minor problem is 'Watch Thread.' On my XP PC, if I highlighed a
    >> post to a ng and hit 'W,' I would get an eye? beside the thread and
    >> watch the thread as long as I wanted. With TB on the Vista PC,I do
    >> not get the eye? icon in a TB column and the thread does not appear
    >> 'watched.'
    >> How can I be certain 'Watch Thread' is actually working?
    >> How can I get the 'Watch Thread' icon to show in ng's?

    > Does the "watch thread" icon appear in the heading line for the folder?
    > If not, click on the funny looking gizmo on the right hand end of the
    > heading line and select "Thread".

    I checked the gizmo but found no choice for 'Watch.' 'Thread' did the
    trick, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread