Thunar instead of Nautlis - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunar instead of Nautlis - Mozilla ; Hi All, I am running firefox3-3.0-0.20080530.rc2.fc7.remi.i386.rpm on CentOS 5.1 with XFce 4.4.2. What is the about :config command to tell FF to use Thunar, instead of Nautlis as my file manager? Many thanks, -T...

  1. Thunar instead of Nautlis

    Hi All,

    I am running firefox3-3.0-0.20080530.rc2.fc7.remi.i386.rpm on
    CentOS 5.1 with XFce 4.4.2.

    What is the about:config command to tell FF to use Thunar, instead
    of Nautlis as my file manager?

    Many thanks,
    -T

  2. Re: Thunar instead of Nautlis

    On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 20:51:22 -0700
    Todd and Margo Chester wrote:

    > I am running firefox3-3.0-0.20080530.rc2.fc7.remi.i386.rpm on
    > CentOS 5.1 with XFce 4.4.2.
    >
    > What is the about:config command to tell FF to use Thunar,
    > instead of Nautlis as my file manager?

    Firefox doesn't use a file manager, but I guess you mean the file
    picker. AFAIK, there are only two possible choices for the file
    picker, the gtk+ one (which looks more or less like Nautilus) and the
    one that's built into Firefox. To switch between them, toggle the
    ui.allow_platform_file_picker pref. It won't get you to Thunar, but you
    may like the built-in picker better than the gtk one.

  3. Re: Thunar instead of Nautlis

    Q wrote:
    > On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 20:51:22 -0700
    > Todd and Margo Chester wrote:
    >
    >> I am running firefox3-3.0-0.20080530.rc2.fc7.remi.i386.rpm on
    >> CentOS 5.1 with XFce 4.4.2.
    >>
    >> What is the about:config command to tell FF to use Thunar,
    >> instead of Nautlis as my file manager?

    > Firefox doesn't use a file manager, but I guess you mean the file
    > picker. AFAIK, there are only two possible choices for the file
    > picker, the gtk+ one (which looks more or less like Nautilus) and the
    > one that's built into Firefox. To switch between them, toggle the
    > ui.allow_platform_file_picker pref. It won't get you to Thunar, but you
    > may like the built-in picker better than the gtk one.

    Q,

    It is set to default, boolean, and true. I did not find a way
    to "toggle" it. What am I missing?

    -T

  4. Re: Thunar instead of Nautlis

    > It is set to default, boolean, and true. I did not find a way
    > to "toggle" it. What am I missing?

    Found it. It is accessible by right clicking on the name.

    -T

  5. Re: Thunar instead of Nautlis

    "Todd and Margo Chester"
    >> It is set to default, boolean, and true. I did not find a way
    >> to "toggle" it. What am I missing?

    > Found it. It is accessible by right clicking on the name.

    I think that is the best way, everything is there, but as far as
    toggling goes you can double-click, do get in the habit of looking at
    the value before doing so, as it will change very quickly.

+ Reply to Thread