10 must have extensions - Mozilla

This is a discussion on 10 must have extensions - Mozilla ; On 07/06/2008 09:38, Bob Henson wrote: > > Sul@Mozilla wrote: > >> Any recommendations for at least 10 must have extensions? >> >> any possibility of incorporating the extensions to Thunderbird instead >> of downloading those we require? or more ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

  1. Re: 10 must have extensions

    On 07/06/2008 09:38, Bob Henson wrote:

    > Sul@Mozilla wrote:
    >
    >> Any recommendations for at least 10 must have extensions?
    >>
    >> any possibility of incorporating the extensions to Thunderbird instead
    >> of downloading those we require? or more testing is require to ensure
    >> the extensions do not introduce any bugs?
    >>

    > I have 22 - by process of removing those I like but can live without I
    > came up with 11 must have ones.
    >
    > - Allow HTML Temp 2.0.1:
    > http://www.thunderbird-mail.de/wiki/..._temp_(english)
    > - British English Dictionary 1.19:
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=Thund...h%20Dictionary
    > - ConfirmFolderMove 1.0:
    > http://ryanlee.org/software/mozilla/...rd/confirmfmv/
    > - Enigmail 0.95.6: http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
    > - Exit Button Thunderbird 0.5:
    > http://www.linnhe.net/thunderbird/extensions.html
    > - MR Tech Local Install 5.3.2.6:
    > http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_install/
    > - No New Window on Double Click 0.2.3: http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/
    > - Quicktext 0.9.9.9: http://extensions.hesslow.se/quicktext
    > - Quote Colors 0.2.8: http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/
    > - TB QuickMove Extension 0.4.0: http://www.supportware.net/mozilla/
    > - Xpunge 0.2.3: http://www.theodoretegos.net/mozilla/tb/index.html
    >
    > I doubt anyone will have the same list. As was pointed out elsewhere,
    > the joy of extensions is that we all have different priorities and can
    > cater for them this way.
    >
    > I don't have the extension I want most, because, afaik, it doesn't exist
    > - that's the one that locks the "View" settings so they can't be altered
    > by accidentally hitting the header bars (or removes the header bars
    > completely; I've never once needed them). Suggested title - "Elderly
    > with poor eyesight but hands like dustbin (trashcan, in the US version)
    > lids lock" extension.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Bob

    It sounds like you need Mail Tweak 0.16. See:-

    It has an option to lock headers.

    --
    wtwjgc (Joe)

  2. Re: 10 must have extensions

    wtwjgc wrote:

    >> I don't have the extension I want most, because, afaik, it doesn't exist
    >> - that's the one that locks the "View" settings so they can't be altered
    >> by accidentally hitting the header bars (or removes the header bars
    >> completely; I've never once needed them). Suggested title - "Elderly
    >> with poor eyesight but hands like dustbin (trashcan, in the US version)
    >> lids lock" extension.

    > It sounds like you need Mail Tweak 0.16. See:-
    >
    > It has an option to lock headers.

    Hmmm, interesting - I'd not noticed that one before. It will certainly
    get rid of the particular bête-noire I mentioned. It looks as though it
    may clash with a couple of things I have installed already, but as it
    covers similar functions I can probably remove them and tidy up the
    extension list too. I'm off to give it a try - thanks for the tip.

    Regards,

    Bob

  3. Re: 10 must have extensions

    Ron K. posted the following on 07-Jun-08 14:06:
    > Sul@Mozilla keyboarded, On 6/7/2008 2:06 AM :
    >> Irwin Greenwald posted the following on 07-Jun-08 11:34:
    >>>>>

    >> this is my present list; note that I am using TB for both mail and news
    >>
    >> Application: Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 (2008042104)
    >> Operating System: WINNT (x86-msvc)
    >>

    >> - Folderpane Tools 0.0.5.1
    >> http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/
    >> Thunderbird 1.0 - 3.0a1

    > While this one works with a hack of MaxVer, it may break before We get
    > to Tb 3.0 final.
    >

    >> - Mail Tweak 0.16
    >> http://journal.mozdev.org/mailtweak.html
    >> Thunderbird 1.5 - 3.*

    > If you running Tb 3.0a1 or a2pre, then get the 1.0pre version, has some
    > fixes for the Gecko 1.9 core.
    >

    >> - MR Tech Local Install 5.3.2.6
    >> http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_install/
    >> Thunderbird 1.0 - 3.0a1

    > Need to get the 6.0 build 29, renamed to Toolkit because the 5.3.2.6 has
    > some broken features with 3.0a1 and a2pre.
    >
    >> - Quote Colors 0.2.8
    >> http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/
    >> Thunderbird 1.0 - 2.0.*

    > This extension is buggy, has some CSS errors.

    thanks for the info
    on the way to update and remove those buggy ones

    --

    Windows XP SP3

    Posting from Mozilla server

  4. Re: 10 must have extensions

    On 06.06.2008 21:31, Terry R. wrote:

    > Haven't heard of that one. But like you, I have a few, not needing a
    > lot. Is it worth checking out?

    Yes I would definitely check it out.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  5. Re: 10 must have extensions

    Bob Henson posted the following on 07-Jun-08 15:38:

    > Sul@Mozilla wrote:
    >
    >> Any recommendations for at least 10 must have extensions?
    >>
    >> any possibility of incorporating the extensions to Thunderbird instead
    >> of downloading those we require? or more testing is require to ensure
    >> the extensions do not introduce any bugs?
    >>

    > I have 22 - by process of removing those I like but can live without I
    > came up with 11 must have ones.
    >
    > - Allow HTML Temp 2.0.1:
    > http://www.thunderbird-mail.de/wiki/..._temp_(english)
    > - British English Dictionary 1.19:
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=Thund...h%20Dictionary
    > - ConfirmFolderMove 1.0:
    > http://ryanlee.org/software/mozilla/...rd/confirmfmv/
    > - Enigmail 0.95.6: http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
    > - Exit Button Thunderbird 0.5:
    > http://www.linnhe.net/thunderbird/extensions.html
    > - MR Tech Local Install 5.3.2.6:
    > http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_install/
    > - No New Window on Double Click 0.2.3: http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/
    > - Quicktext 0.9.9.9: http://extensions.hesslow.se/quicktext
    > - Quote Colors 0.2.8: http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/
    > - TB QuickMove Extension 0.4.0: http://www.supportware.net/mozilla/
    > - Xpunge 0.2.3: http://www.theodoretegos.net/mozilla/tb/index.html
    >
    > I doubt anyone will have the same list. As was pointed out elsewhere,
    > the joy of extensions is that we all have different priorities and can
    > cater for them this way.
    >
    > I don't have the extension I want most, because, afaik, it doesn't exist
    > - that's the one that locks the "View" settings so they can't be altered
    > by accidentally hitting the header bars (or removes the header bars
    > completely; I've never once needed them). Suggested title - "Elderly
    > with poor eyesight but hands like dustbin (trashcan, in the US version)
    > lids lock" extension.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Bob

    I removed Quote Colors and MR Tech Local Install
    get the version 6 of MR Tech ; name changed to toolkit

    --

    Windows XP SP3

    Posting from Mozilla server

  6. Re: 10 must have extensions

    On 07.06.2008 04:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Terry R. to
    generate the following:? :
    > The date and time was 6/6/2008 12:57 PM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >

    >> On 06.06.2008 10:48, Terry R. wrote:

    the "more buttons" extension gets quite a lot of reference in reply to
    "I need a button to do...." posts!

    reg

  7. Re: 10 must have extensions

    Sul@Mozilla wrote:

    > that may be true
    > out of the 28 extensions that I have, not all will appeal to all users;
    > but there are a number of them which every user would want;
    > the average user would not go through the all list of extensions available;
    >
    > the ones that I think most users would use could include the following;
    >
    > 1. Attachment extractor
    > 2. Extension List Dumper
    > 3. Mail Tweak
    > 4. QuickText
    > 5. Webmail (plus the rest depending on the provider)

    None of your five "must have" appears among the 10 extensions I have
    installed.
    Maurice

  8. Re: 10 must have extensions

    Maurice posted the following on 07-Jun-08 17:58:
    > Sul@Mozilla wrote:

    >> that may be true
    >> out of the 28 extensions that I have, not all will appeal to all users;
    >> but there are a number of them which every user would want;
    >> the average user would not go through the all list of extensions
    >> available;
    >>
    >> the ones that I think most users would use could include the following;
    >>
    >> 1. Attachment extractor
    >> 2. Extension List Dumper
    >> 3. Mail Tweak
    >> 4. QuickText
    >> 5. Webmail (plus the rest depending on the provider)
    >>

    > None of your five "must have" appears among the 10 extensions I have
    > installed.
    > Maurice

    and what is the 10 that you have installed?

    --

    Windows XP SP3
    Thunderbird version 2.0.0.14 (with 27 extensions)

  9. Re: 10 must have extensions

    On 06.06.2008 16:35 » Sul@Mozilla« wrote:
    > Any recommendations for at least 10 must have extensions?
    >
    > any possibility of incorporating the extensions to Thunderbird instead
    > of downloading those we require? or more testing is require to ensure
    > the extensions do not introduce any bugs?

    Hi Sul,

    here my list ... the important point for me: extend TB with some
    features for Address handing, writing messages, dictionary and language
    switch (en/de) and very important:
    have a tool for reminding about things to do, events etc -- the
    ReminderFox ;-)

    - Contacts Sidebar 0.7.1
    http://jpeters.no-ip.com/extensions/?page=tb_cs
    Thunderbird 1.5b - 3.0a1

    - Deutsches Wörterbuch 1.0.1
    Thunderbird 2.0 - 3.0a2pre

    - Extension List Dumper 1.14.1
    http://sogame.awardspace.com/
    Thunderbird 1.5 - 2.0.0.*

    - MoreFunctionsForAddressBook 0.5.1.1
    https://nic-nac-project.org/~kaosmos/index-en.html
    Thunderbird 1.0 - 2.0.0.*

    - Password Exporter 1.1
    http://passwordexporter.fligtar.com
    Thunderbird 1.5 - 2.0.0.*
    (useful to dump PW to a file and encrypt them with bcrypt.exe)

    - Quick Locale Switcher 1.6.5.6
    http://www.captaincaveman.nl
    Thunderbird 1.0 - 3.0a1

    - ReminderFox 1.7.2
    http://reminderfox.mozdev.org
    Thunderbird 1.0 - 3.0a2pre

    - Send Later 1.1.5
    http://www.unsignedbyte.com/sl8tr.html
    Thunderbird 1.5 - 2.0.0.*

    - Signature Switch 1.6.1
    http://mozext.achimonline.de
    Thunderbird 0.7 - 3.0a1

    The list has been generated with "Extension List Dumper".
    I used the Mr Tech's extension, but found it NOT that much valuable ...
    but occupying resources. So it's not anymore on my system ... any other
    experience ??

  10. Re: 10 must have extensions

    Sul@Mozilla wrote:
    > Maurice posted the following on 07-Jun-08 17:58:
    >> Sul@Mozilla wrote:
    >>> the ones that I think most users would use could include the following;
    >>>
    >>> 1. Attachment extractor
    >>> 2. Extension List Dumper
    >>> 3. Mail Tweak
    >>> 4. QuickText
    >>> 5. Webmail (plus the rest depending on the provider)
    >>>

    >> None of your five "must have" appeals among the 10 extensions I have
    >> installed.
    >> Maurice

    > and what is the 10 that you have installed?

    DictionnarySearch, Dictionnaire MySpell Français,
    NestedQuote Remover, QuoteCollapse,
    Launchy, Reminderfox, QuickNote,
    Menu Editor, Mr Tech Locall Install, Nightly Tester Tools.

    The last six also installed in Firefox.
    I could live with less that these ten.

  11. Re: 10 must have extensions

    The date and time was 6/7/2008 3:29 AM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > On 06.06.2008 21:31, Terry R. wrote:

    I did a search in addons.mozilla.org for MoreButtons-Plus, More Buttons,
    and Morebuttons, and found nothing named like that. Do you have a link?

    --
    Terry R.

  12. Re: 10 must have extensions

    On 07.06.2008 16:47, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Terry R. to
    generate the following:? :
    > The date and time was 6/7/2008 3:29 AM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >

    >> On 06.06.2008 21:31, Terry R. wrote:

    run a simple search for Buttons ... loads of hits

    reg

  13. Re: 10 must have extensions

    On 07.06.2008 16:47, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Terry R. to
    generate the following:? :
    > The date and time was 6/7/2008 3:29 AM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >

    >> On 06.06.2008 21:31, Terry R. wrote:

    ...... also run a search for Button (singular) - brings up even
    more hits

    reg

  14. Re: 10 must have extensions

    The date and time was 6/7/2008 9:07 AM, and on a whim, squaredancer
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > On 07.06.2008 16:47, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Terry R. to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> The date and time was 6/7/2008 3:29 AM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>

    >>> On 06.06.2008 21:31, Terry R. wrote:

    Is the one Jay listed there? I would think my queries should have
    brought it up.

    --
    Terry R.

  15. Re: 10 must have extensions

    Terry R. wrote:
    > Is the one Jay listed there? I would think my queries should have
    > brought it up.

    There's a MoreButtonsPlus, which I assume is what he meant when he
    listed it as MoreButtons-Plus. However, no, it's not at Mozilla.

  16. Re: 10 must have extensions

    Tarkus posted the following on 08-Jun-08 04:58:

    http://forum.addonsmirror.net/index.php?showtopic=442

    --

    Windows XP SP3
    Thunderbird version 2.0.0.14 (with 27 extensions)

  17. Re: 10 must have extensions

    On 6/7/2008 9:11 PM eastern, Sul@Mozilla wrote:

    > Tarkus posted the following on 08-Jun-08 04:58:
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> Is the one Jay listed there? I would think my queries should have
    >>> brought it up.

    >> There's a MoreButtonsPlus, which I assume is what he meant when he
    >> listed it as MoreButtons-Plus. However, no, it's not at Mozilla.

    > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=77129
    >
    > http://forum.addonsmirror.net/index.php?showtopic=442

    Did you notice the dates? Hard to believe stuff from 2004 still works.
    CTinCT

  18. Re: 10 must have extensions

    On 6/7/2008 5:15 PM India Time, _gNeandr_ wrote:

    > The list has been generated with "Extension List Dumper".
    > I used the Mr Tech's extension, but found it NOT that much valuable ...
    > but occupying resources. So it's not anymore on my system ... any other
    > experience ??

    Installed Extension List Dumper and found it very convenient. Thanks for
    the tip.

    btw, I am at xpsp3, it somehow shows WINNT (x86-msvc)
    --
    Application: Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 (2008042104)
    Operating System: WINNT (x86-msvc)

    June 8, 2008

    Total number of items: 15

    - Allow Empty Subject 0.3
    http://jpeters.no-ip.com/extensions/?page=tb_aes
    Thunderbird 2.0b1 - 2.0.0.*
    Allows Thunderbird to send message without a subject.
    - Attachment Extractor 1.1
    http://www.eviljeff.com/?page=moz-extensions
    Thunderbird 2.0 - 2.0.0.*
    Extracts all attachments from selected messages.
    - Attachment Sizes 0.0.5
    http://www.supportware.net/mozilla/
    Thunderbird 0.8 - 3.0a1
    Ability to see attachment sizes on messages and composes.
    - Correct Identity 1.3.1
    Thunderbird 1.0 - 3.0a1
    Allows you to configure the identity that will be chosen upon composing
    mail.
    - CS Lite 1.3.8
    http://forum.softwareblaze.com
    Thunderbird 2.0 - 3.0a1
    Control cookie permissions.
    - DownThemAll! 1.0.1
    http://downthemall.net/
    Thunderbird 2.0.0.8 - 3.0a1
    The mass downloader for Firefox.
    - Extension List Dumper 1.14.1
    http://sogame.awardspace.com/
    Thunderbird 1.5 - 2.0.0.*
    Dumps a list of the installed extensions.
    - FlashGot 1.0
    http://flashgot.net
    Thunderbird 1.0 - 3.0a1
    Enables single and massive ("all" and "selection") downloads using the
    most popular external download managers for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and
    FreeBSD (dozens currently supported, see Extension's Home Page for
    details). FlashGot offers also a Build Gallery functionality which helps
    to synthetize full media galleries in one page from serial contents
    originally scattered on several pages, for easy and fast "download all".
    - Image Zoom 0.3.1
    http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/
    Thunderbird 1.0 - 2.0.0.*
    Adds zoom functionality for images
    - Nightly Tester Tools 1.3
    http://www.oxymoronical.com/web/firefox/nightly
    Thunderbird 2.0b1 - 3.0a1
    Useful tools for the nightly tester.
    - Padma 0.4.12
    http://padma.mozdev.org
    Thunderbird 0.7 - 2.0.0.*
    Transformer for Indic Scripts
    - Restart Thunderbird 0.9
    (Incompatible)
    http://brian.kingsonline.net/talk/?page_id=145
    Thunderbird 1.5 - 1.5.0.*
    Restart Thunderbird with ease
    - Table2Clipboard 0.0.3
    http://dafizilla.sourceforge.net/table2clip
    Thunderbird 0.5 - 3.0a1
    Allow to copy to clipboard the selected rows/columns from an HTML table
    - Talkback 2.0.0.9
    (Disabled)
    http://talkback.mozilla.org/
    Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 - 2.0.0.*
    Sends information about program crashes to Mozilla.
    - ThunderBrowse 3.2.1.5
    http://thunderbrowse.com/
    Thunderbird 1.5 - 3.0a1
    Adds browsing features to Thunderbird

    --
    Rawat

  19. Re: 10 must have extensions

    On 08.06.2008 14:44 » V S Rawat« wrote:
    > - Restart Thunderbird 0.9
    > (Incompatible)
    > http://brian.kingsonline.net/talk/?page_id=145
    > Thunderbird 1.5 - 1.5.0.*
    > Restart Thunderbird with ease

    Use this https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4847.
    That version runs with TB2.0.0.14

  20. Re: 10 must have extensions

    Bob Henson wrote:

    > I don't have the extension I want most, because, afaik, it doesn't exist
    > - that's the one that locks the "View" settings so they can't be altered
    > by accidentally hitting the header bars (or removes the header bars
    > completely; I've never once needed them). Suggested title - "Elderly
    > with poor eyesight but hands like dustbin (trashcan, in the US version)
    > lids lock" extension.

    Here's another vote for that one, and for the same reason! There used
    to be a gizmo before "Subject" on the message pane that I could click to
    restore my order, but I've somehow made it disappear.
    --

    Larry
    rapp at lmr dot com