FF3rc2 Favicon and tabs oddness? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on FF3rc2 Favicon and tabs oddness? - Mozilla ; I'm seeing some odd behavior in the tabs of FF3rc2 here. 1. Tabs are changing height with some favicons. www.altavistaaudio.com's favicon doubles the height of the tabs here. 2. None of the tabs have the little "Close Tab" red circle ...

  1. FF3rc2 Favicon and tabs oddness?

    I'm seeing some odd behavior in the tabs of FF3rc2 here.

    1. Tabs are changing height with some favicons. www.altavistaaudio.com's
    favicon doubles the height of the tabs here.

    2. None of the tabs have the little "Close Tab" red circle with the "X"
    on them, although it is available from the tabs' context menu.

    Win2K; default theme; some addons, but the only one that looks like it
    might apply is Duplicate Tabs and I disabled it, no change.

    --

    Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott

  2. Re: FF3rc2 Favicon and tabs oddness?

    On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 12:07:36 -0700, Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:

    > I'm seeing some odd behavior in the tabs of FF3rc2 here.
    >
    > 1. Tabs are changing height with some favicons. www.altavistaaudio.com's
    > favicon doubles the height of the tabs here.
    >
    > 2. None of the tabs have the little "Close Tab" red circle with the "X"
    > on them, although it is available from the tabs' context menu.
    >
    > Win2K; default theme; some addons, but the only one that looks like it
    > might apply is Duplicate Tabs and I disabled it, no change.

    Try Firefox Safe Mode.

    While trying lots of extensions out in a new Fx3 RC1, one of them was
    for multiple bookmarks rows, and it made the bookmark page icons and
    favicons double height, while folders were normal height. Your
    description reminded me of it.

    --
    Rom

  3. Re: FF3rc2 Favicon and tabs oddness?

    On 6/5/2008 11:29 PM Rom wrote:

    > On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 12:07:36 -0700, Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
    >
    >> I'm seeing some odd behavior in the tabs of FF3rc2 here.
    >>
    >> 1. Tabs are changing height with some favicons. www.altavistaaudio.com's
    >> favicon doubles the height of the tabs here.
    >>
    >> 2. None of the tabs have the little "Close Tab" red circle with the "X"
    >> on them, although it is available from the tabs' context menu.
    >>
    >> Win2K; default theme; some addons, but the only one that looks like it
    >> might apply is Duplicate Tabs and I disabled it, no change.

    > Try Firefox Safe Mode.
    >
    > While trying lots of extensions out in a new Fx3 RC1, one of them was
    > for multiple bookmarks rows, and it made the bookmark page icons and
    > favicons double height, while folders were normal height. Your
    > description reminded me of it.

    Thank you. In Safe Mode things look fine. Back to Danger Mode: I
    disabled all plug-ins and addons (close and relaunch) and it is still
    messed up. The toolbar is also kinda oddly scrunched. Someplace I can
    upload a screen shot? My other computer doesn't have this display
    oddness. I'm using the default theme on both.

    --

    Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
    71 Type 2: the Wonderbus

  4. Re: FF3rc2 Favicon and tabs oddness?

    On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:00:35 -0700, Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:

    > On 6/5/2008 11:29 PM Rom wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 12:07:36 -0700, Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm seeing some odd behavior in the tabs of FF3rc2 here.
    >>>
    >>> 1. Tabs are changing height with some favicons. www.altavistaaudio.com's
    >>> favicon doubles the height of the tabs here.
    >>>
    >>> 2. None of the tabs have the little "Close Tab" red circle with the "X"
    >>> on them, although it is available from the tabs' context menu.
    >>>
    >>> Win2K; default theme; some addons, but the only one that looks like it
    >>> might apply is Duplicate Tabs and I disabled it, no change.

    >> Try Firefox Safe Mode.
    >>
    >> While trying lots of extensions out in a new Fx3 RC1, one of them was
    >> for multiple bookmarks rows, and it made the bookmark page icons and
    >> favicons double height, while folders were normal height. Your
    >> description reminded me of it.

    > Thank you. In Safe Mode things look fine. Back to Danger Mode: I
    > disabled all plug-ins and addons (close and relaunch) and it is still
    > messed up. The toolbar is also kinda oddly scrunched. Someplace I can
    > upload a screen shot? My other computer doesn't have this display
    > oddness. I'm using the default theme on both.

    I use TinyPic for screenshots.

    Also posting all extensions and their versions might help.

    --
    Rom

  5. Re: FF3rc2 Favicon and tabs oddness?

    On 6/6/2008 7:21 PM Rom wrote:

    > On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:00:35 -0700, Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:

    >>> Try Firefox Safe Mode.
    >>>
    >>> While trying lots of extensions out in a new Fx3 RC1, one of them was
    >>> for multiple bookmarks rows, and it made the bookmark page icons and
    >>> favicons double height, while folders were normal height. Your
    >>> description reminded me of it.

    >> Thank you. In Safe Mode things look fine. Back to Danger Mode: I
    >> disabled all plug-ins and addons (close and relaunch) and it is still
    >> messed up. The toolbar is also kinda oddly scrunched. Someplace I can
    >> upload a screen shot? My other computer doesn't have this display
    >> oddness. I'm using the default theme on both.

    > I use TinyPic for screenshots.
    >
    > Also posting all extensions and their versions might help.

    Thanks, Rom.

    I've uploaded the screenshot to http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2me7cdv&s=3

    I see three things about the window that are not normal.

    1. The URL/address bar is mashed short. To its left we can see where the
    favicon is displayed, and it appears to be normal height. To the right
    of the address bar one can see that the blue circular "go" button is
    squashed, also. The gold downward-pointing history arrow is normal height.
    2. The tabs are twice as high as normal. The tall "a" favicon is
    responsible, if that tab is closed, they all collapse down to normal
    height.
    3. There are no red "close" buttons on any of the tabs.

    Is there a way to have FF dump a list of extensions, addons, and their
    version numbers? .

    --

    Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
    71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
    84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana")
    74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano
    KG6RCR

  6. Re: FF3rc2 Favicon and tabs oddness?

    On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 10:25:16 -0700, Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:

    > I've uploaded the screenshot to http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2me7cdv&s=3

    I'd seen the theme before, which isn't the Firefox default theme, so
    found Noia on addons.mozilla.org (AMO). Noia is not compatible with
    Fx3, and incompatible extensions/themes can still cause problems with
    extensions.checkCompatibility disabled. I tried the Noia eXtreme theme
    anyway and same problem.

    Disable the theme and wait to see if it's updated later or uninstall
    the theme. Use the Fx default theme or find a theme that works and/or
    compatible with Fx3.

    --
    Rom

  7. Re: FF3rc2 Favicon and tabs oddness?

    On 6/7/2008 1:02 PM Rom wrote:

    > On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 10:25:16 -0700, Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
    >
    >> I've uploaded the screenshot to http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2me7cdv&s=3

    > I'd seen the theme before, which isn't the Firefox default theme, so
    > found Noia on addons.mozilla.org (AMO). Noia is not compatible with
    > Fx3, and incompatible extensions/themes can still cause problems with
    > extensions.checkCompatibility disabled. I tried the Noia eXtreme theme
    > anyway and same problem.
    >
    > Disable the theme and wait to see if it's updated later or uninstall
    > the theme. Use the Fx default theme or find a theme that works and/or
    > compatible with Fx3.

    Well, shoot. You're right. I thought that Noia was NOT selected as the
    theme, but I see that it was. The risks we run when we turn off
    compatibility checking. Everything is working, many thanks for your help!

    --

    Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott

+ Reply to Thread