Manually get rid of an extension - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Manually get rid of an extension - Mozilla ; I installed an extension from Nokia and cannot remove it from the Addon how do I manually removed it from the list? (whenever I click on the Options button, the extensions window freezes) -- Windows XP SP3 Firefox 3.0 RC2 ...

  1. Manually get rid of an extension

    --

    Windows XP SP3
    Firefox 3.0 RC2 beta

  2. Re: Manually get rid of an extension

    On 6/4/08 11:09 PM, _Sul@Mozilla_ spoke thusly:
    > I installed an extension from Nokia and cannot remove it from the Addon
    >
    > how do I manually removed it from the list?
    >
    > (whenever I click on the Options button, the extensions window freezes)

    Try it in Safe Mode.
    See .

    By the way, it's not a Beta release. It's RC2. :-)
    --
    Chris Ilias

  3. Re: Manually get rid of an extension

    Chris Ilias posted the following on 05-Jun-08 10:24:
    > On 6/4/08 11:09 PM, _Sul@Mozilla_ spoke thusly:
    >> I installed an extension from Nokia and cannot remove it from the Addon
    >>
    >> how do I manually removed it from the list?
    >>
    >> (whenever I click on the Options button, the extensions window freezes)

    > Try it in Safe Mode.
    > See .
    >
    > By the way, it's not a Beta release. It's RC2. :-)

    thanks
    unable to remove the offending addon

    --

    Windows XP SP3

    Posting from Mozilla server

  4. Re: Manually get rid of an extension

    On 6/4/08 11:32 PM, _Sul@Mozilla_ spoke thusly:
    > Chris Ilias posted the following on 05-Jun-08 10:24:
    >> On 6/4/08 11:09 PM, _Sul@Mozilla_ spoke thusly:
    >>> I installed an extension from Nokia and cannot remove it from the Addon
    >>>
    >>> how do I manually removed it from the list?
    >>>
    >>> (whenever I click on the Options button, the extensions window freezes)

    >> Try it in Safe Mode.
    >> See .
    >>
    >> By the way, it's not a Beta release. It's RC2. :-)

    > thanks
    > unable to remove the offending addon

    Does the Add-ons window still freeze? How far do you get?

    --
    Chris Ilias

  5. Re: Manually get rid of an extension

    Chris Ilias posted the following on 05-Jun-08 10:38:
    > On 6/4/08 11:32 PM, _Sul@Mozilla_ spoke thusly:
    >> Chris Ilias posted the following on 05-Jun-08 10:24:
    >>> On 6/4/08 11:09 PM, _Sul@Mozilla_ spoke thusly:

    >>> Try it in Safe Mode.
    >>> See .
    >>>
    >>> By the way, it's not a Beta release. It's RC2. :-)

    >> thanks
    >> unable to remove the offending addon

    > Does the Add-ons window still freeze? How far do you get?

    rebooting system and will post follow up

    --

    Windows XP SP3

    Posting from Mozilla server

  6. Re: Manually get rid of an extension

    Chris Ilias posted the following on 05-Jun-08 10:38:
    > On 6/4/08 11:32 PM, _Sul@Mozilla_ spoke thusly:
    >> Chris Ilias posted the following on 05-Jun-08 10:24:
    >>> On 6/4/08 11:09 PM, _Sul@Mozilla_ spoke thusly:

    >>> Try it in Safe Mode.
    >>> See .
    >>>
    >>> By the way, it's not a Beta release. It's RC2. :-)

    >> thanks
    >> unable to remove the offending addon

    > Does the Add-ons window still freeze? How far do you get?

    rebooted to get rid of FF being in safe mode and now FF opens in safe mode
    without the toolbars

    what's next?

    --

    Windows XP SP3

    Posting from Mozilla server

  7. Re: Manually get rid of an extension

    On 6/5/08 12:17 AM, _Sul@Mozilla_ spoke thusly:
    > Chris Ilias posted the following on 05-Jun-08 10:38:
    >> On 6/4/08 11:32 PM, _Sul@Mozilla_ spoke thusly:
    >>> thanks
    >>> unable to remove the offending addon

    >> Does the Add-ons window still freeze? How far do you get?
    >>

    > rebooted to get rid of FF being in safe mode and now FF opens in safe
    > mode without the toolbars
    >
    > what's next?

    Can you open the Add-ons window, when in Firefox Safe Mode?

    --
    Chris Ilias

  8. Re: Manually get rid of an extension

    Chris Ilias posted the following on 05-Jun-08 11:25:
    > On 6/5/08 12:17 AM, _Sul@Mozilla_ spoke thusly:
    >> Chris Ilias posted the following on 05-Jun-08 10:38:
    >>> On 6/4/08 11:32 PM, _Sul@Mozilla_ spoke thusly:
    >>>
    >>> Does the Add-ons window still freeze? How far do you get?
    >>>

    >> rebooted to get rid of FF being in safe mode and now FF opens in safe
    >> mode without the toolbars
    >>
    >> what's next?

    > Can you open the Add-ons window, when in Firefox Safe Mode?

    yes I can but when I click on any of the option button of any addon, the window
    freeze

    decided to remove the profile and install clean :-)

    got to go shopping for the extensions though

    --

    Windows XP SP3

    Posting from Mozilla server

+ Reply to Thread