Tabs open relative problem... sick of closing a tab and focuisngleft!!! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Tabs open relative problem... sick of closing a tab and focuisngleft!!! - Mozilla ; I don't know what the problem is or how to fix but lord knows I've tried. I've even removed the "tabs open relative" add-on. I use Tab Mix Plus but no amount of fiddling with it will prevent the focus ...

  1. Tabs open relative problem... sick of closing a tab and focuisngleft!!!

    I don't know what the problem is or how to fix but lord knows I've
    tried. I've even removed the "tabs open relative" add-on. I use Tab
    Mix Plus but no amount of fiddling with it will prevent the focus from
    shifting to the left tab instead of the right. This problem has
    really been bugging me and I'd appreciate some thoughts on how to
    correct this annoyance.

  2. Re: Tabs open relative problem... sick of closing a tab and focuisng left!!!

    "RA" ...
    > I don't know what the problem is or how to fix but lord knows I've
    > tried. I've even removed the "tabs open relative" add-on. I use Tab
    > Mix Plus but no amount of fiddling with it will prevent the focus from
    > shifting to the left tab instead of the right. This problem has
    > really been bugging me and I'd appreciate some thoughts on how to
    > correct this annoyance.

    Very hard to understand when the "closing of a tab" is hidden
    in the subject. Firefox itself somewhere along the line changed
    behavior so that when you close a tab you return to the tab that you
    took a link from. Try changing the about:config setting of
    browser.tabs.selectOwnerOnClose to False (the default is True)

    The behavior you probably modified for the tabs was to open a new
    tab immediately to the right or left of the active tab rather than at the
    far right of the tabs bar. That does not affect closing the tab. There may
    be other options in those extensions that do affect closing. The "Tabs Open Relative" extension
    would be an alternative to excessive size of Tab Mix Plus, there is no reason
    to have both extensions. And there is nothing in my mind to justify TMP.
    ..
    --
    HTH,