Firefox 3b5 not saving downloaded files. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 3b5 not saving downloaded files. - Mozilla ; I'm using Forefox 3 Beta 5 on Fedora 9. It seems nothing I try to "save as" through Firefox is actually saving to the disk. For example, I'll right-click an image and "save image as" or a link for a ...

  1. Firefox 3b5 not saving downloaded files.

    I'm using Forefox 3 Beta 5 on Fedora 9.
    It seems nothing I try to "save as" through Firefox is actually saving
    to the disk. For example, I'll right-click an image and "save image
    as" or a link for a podcast file and "save as", and it will give me a
    file browser window to allow me to select a location...but once I OK a
    location the dialog goes away and nothing happens.

    But I can save the very same images and file through other browsers,
    such as Opera and Konqueror.
    So the problem must be Firefox related in some way.

    Any suggestions on what to look at?
    Thanks!
    -Liam

  2. Re: Firefox 3b5 not saving downloaded files.

    Liam skrev:
    > I'm using Forefox 3 Beta 5 on Fedora 9.
    > It seems nothing I try to "save as" through Firefox is actually saving
    > to the disk. For example, I'll right-click an image and "save image
    > as" or a link for a podcast file and "save as", and it will give me a
    > file browser window to allow me to select a location...but once I OK a
    > location the dialog goes away and nothing happens.
    >
    > But I can save the very same images and file through other browsers,
    > such as Opera and Konqueror.
    > So the problem must be Firefox related in some way.
    >
    > Any suggestions on what to look at?

    RC1?

    BR,
    Gudmund