Entering passwords for email accounts in Thunderbird - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Entering passwords for email accounts in Thunderbird - Mozilla ; I have Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 installed on a pc running Windows Vista PC. In trying to configure Thunderbird to go to my web host mail servers to get me email, I could not see any where Account Settings on any of ...

  1. Entering passwords for email accounts in Thunderbird

    I have Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 installed on a pc running Windows Vista PC.
    In trying to configure Thunderbird to go to my web host mail servers to
    get me email, I could not see any where Account Settings on any of the
    tabs to enter the password for the email account. Where will I find these?
    Nick

  2. Re: Entering passwords for email accounts in Thunderbird

    Jekyll wrote:
    > I have Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 installed on a pc running Windows Vista PC.
    > In trying to configure Thunderbird to go to my web host mail servers to
    > get me email, I could not see any where Account Settings on any of the
    > tabs to enter the password for the email account. Where will I find these?
    > Nick

    Once you've created the account, and (attempted to) retrieve email,
    Thunderbird will prompt you for a username and/or password for email
    access.
    There's a checkbox to remember the info so you don't have to enter it
    every time.
    After you've done all this successfully, you will find the usernames and
    passwords under Tools>Options>Privacy>Passwords.
    afaik, there isn't an option to set username and password before you
    connect to the mailserver.

  3. Re: Entering passwords for email accounts in Thunderbird

    clay wrote:
    > Jekyll wrote:
    >> I have Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 installed on a pc running Windows Vista
    >> PC. In trying to configure Thunderbird to go to my web host mail
    >> servers to get me email, I could not see any where Account Settings on
    >> any of the tabs to enter the password for the email account. Where
    >> will I find these?
    >> Nick

    > Once you've created the account, and (attempted to) retrieve email,
    > Thunderbird will prompt you for a username and/or password for email
    > access.
    > There's a checkbox to remember the info so you don't have to enter it
    > every time.
    > After you've done all this successfully, you will find the usernames and
    > passwords under Tools>Options>Privacy>Passwords.
    > afaik, there isn't an option to set username and password before you
    > connect to the mailserver.

    Thanks for taking time to reply. I just found that the email server name
    is so new, it hadn't propagated on internet. When I used IP address
    instead of name, everything went as it should with Thunderbird asking
    for password as you say above.
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread