Hi All.

I'm about to dive in and sort a very large amount of contacts. They are
also coming from OE, OL and Cardscan among other places and frankly I am
not sure what I have lost. I'd like to strategize a way to get things in
order.

Deal is the following:

1. I'd like to be able to scan new business cards in Cardscan and add
them to my existing Thunderbird address book.

2. I'd like to be able to clean up duplicate emails.

3. I'd like to be able to export them to an iPhone (though I currently
have a SmartPhone with MS whatever that was previously synched with OL).

4. I'm "used" to OL Categories and frankly I'm still confused as to how
to use TBird for Contacts.

5. Is there a way to make sure that I have captured all the incoming and
outgoing emails in my Local Folders or other folders as Contacts and how
do I understand what gets captured when for this?

6. Finally, I run Leopard and OSX on my Mac (with BootCamp) and I'm
really interested in getting advice on whether it will simplify my life
to move my contact handling over to the Mac side to some extent.

All apologies for the multiple questions but I'm obviously at a bit of a
loss as to how to tackle this.

- Jonathan