This is a discussion on Mozilla Scheduled Maintenance - 6/3/2008, - Mozilla ; Mozilla Scheduled Maintenance - 6/3/2008, 7pm - 11:00pm PDT (0200 - 0600 UTC) We will have a scheduled maintenance window tonight from 7pm to 11:00pm PDT. The following changes will take place: * 7:00pm PST (0300 UTC) duration 4 hours: ...
Mozilla Scheduled Maintenance - 6/3/2008, 7pm - 11:00pm PDT (0200 -
We will have a scheduled maintenance window tonight from 7pm to
11:00pm PDT. The following changes will take place:
* 7:00pm PST (0300 UTC) duration 4 hours: Kernel upgrades. We'll be
doing kernel security updates on various machines affecting the
following services for approximately 10 minutes each:
- Phone service at Mountain View
- build graphs / pageload tests
- CVS, cvs-mirror, SVN, Hg
- Buildbot Try Server
- MDC Search
- internal DNS service at all 4 colo facilities and the MV and
- internet-facing mail relays and outbound mail (mail will be
- Any sites using LDAP for authentication
- jumphosts for all colo facilities and offices
- download.mozilla.org (bouncer)
* 8pm PDT (0300 UTC) - Office server RHEL 5 upgrades. We'll be
upgrading various servers in the Mountain View office to RHEL 5.
DHCP, DNS, and VPN within the Mountain View office will be offline
for an hour each during the upgrade.
Please let me know if you have any reason why we should not proceed
with the planned maintenance. As always, we aim to keep downtime to
as little as possible, but unexpected complications can arise causing
longer downtime periods than expected. All systems should be
operational by the end of the maintenance window. Feel free to email
infra at mozilla.com if you see issues past the planned downtime.