viewers for M$-Office applications - Mozilla

This is a discussion on viewers for M$-Office applications - Mozilla ; hi all just cleaning up my "sent" NG posts (to be found in the Local Folders "Sent") - got to this one: QUOTE: hi all! for those of you who, like me *don't* use M$ applications (Word, Excel and Co.) ...

  1. viewers for M$-Office applications

    hi all

    just cleaning up my "sent" NG posts (to be found in the Local Folders
    "Sent") - got to this one:

    QUOTE:
    hi all!

    for those of you who, like me *don't* use M$ applications (Word, Excel
    and Co.) here is a *GREAT* link to M$, to get VIEWERS that allow you to
    open M$-application-documents (e.g. eMail attachments), without using M$
    programs!

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...449811033.aspx

    Take your pick, store, create Helper Apps and WinExplorer associations!

    Thanks to hb on the communicator NG and Tanya, also there, for the OP

    UNQUOTE

    a list of all "Viewers" which, IIRC, has versions for various OS's

    The post is from 2005 so I don't have a messageID for it - probably no
    longer on the server anyway

    reg

  2. Re: viewers for M$-Office applications

    squaredancer wrote:
    > hi all
    >
    > just cleaning up my "sent" NG posts (to be found in the Local Folders
    > "Sent") - got to this one:
    >
    > QUOTE:
    > hi all!
    >
    > for those of you who, like me *don't* use M$ applications (Word, Excel
    > and Co.) here is a *GREAT* link to M$, to get VIEWERS that allow you to
    > open M$-application-documents (e.g. eMail attachments), without using M$
    > programs!
    >
    > http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...449811033.aspx
    >
    > Take your pick, store, create Helper Apps and WinExplorer associations!
    >
    > Thanks to hb on the communicator NG and Tanya, also there, for the OP
    >
    > UNQUOTE
    >

    > a list of all "Viewers" which, IIRC, has versions for various OS's
    >
    > The post is from 2005 so I don't have a messageID for it - probably no
    > longer on the server anyway
    >
    > reg

    Do you mean 'sent' or 'Unsent'? If already 'sent' then I guess this is
    a reminder that there are alternatives to microsoft. OpenOffice.org
    has always opened everything I have needed to open from a MS Office
    application. I had trouble with an Access database one time but I
    don't do much with databases.

    Dennis

  3. Re: viewers for M$-Office applications

    "squaredancer" wrote..
    > for those of you who, like me *don't* use M$ applications (Word, Excel
    > and Co.) here is a *GREAT* link to M$, to get VIEWERS that allow you to
    > open M$-application-documents (e.g. eMail attachments), without using M$
    > programs!
    > http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...449811033.aspx

    They are free viewers but they *are* Microsoft programs.

+ Reply to Thread