LDAP authentication supported? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on LDAP authentication supported? - Mozilla ; Does SeaMonkey support LDAP authentication? If so, where do you enter username/password information? I didn't see anything seemingly relevant near the other LDAP settings. Thanks, Daniel...

  1. LDAP authentication supported?

    Does SeaMonkey support LDAP authentication?

    If so, where do you enter username/password information? I didn't see anything
    seemingly relevant near the other LDAP settings.

    Thanks,
    Daniel

  2. Re: LDAP authentication supported?

    Daniel Barclay wrote:
    > Does SeaMonkey support LDAP authentication?

    I guess you mean authenticate to the LDAP server when querying it?

    > If so, where do you enter username/password information?

    You can specify the Bind-DN. It's in the LDAP settings.

    Ciao, Michael.

  3. Re: LDAP authentication supported?

    Michael Ströder wrote:
    > Daniel Barclay wrote:
    >> Does SeaMonkey support LDAP authentication?

    > I guess you mean authenticate to the LDAP server when querying it?

    Yes.

    >> If so, where do you enter username/password information?

    > You can specify the Bind-DN. It's in the LDAP settings.

    Thanks.

    Can you give me a pointer to documentation on the syntax? (I'm not really
    familiar with distinguished names, in particular how an MS Windows domain user
    ID would likely be mapped to a distinguished name.)

    Also, where is the password entered? Will SeaMonkey prompt me the first time
    it tries to bind to the LDAP server using a Bind DN?

    Daniel

  4. Re: LDAP authentication supported? - never mind followup questions

    I wrote:

    > Can you give me a pointer to documentation on the syntax? (I'm not really
    > familiar with distinguished names, in particular how an MS Windows
    > domain user
    > ID would likely be mapped to a distinguished name.)

    Never mind. I figured it out. (No XX=yy syntax needed.)

    Daniel

  5. Re: LDAP authentication supported?

    Daniel Barclay wrote:
    > Michael Ströder wrote:
    >> You can specify the Bind-DN. It's in the LDAP settings.

    > Thanks.
    >
    > Can you give me a pointer to documentation on the syntax?

    RFC 4514

    > (I'm not really
    > familiar with distinguished names, in particular how an MS Windows
    > domain user
    > ID would likely be mapped to a distinguished name.)

    Search your AD with an LDAP client or ask your AD admin.

    > Also, where is the password entered? Will SeaMonkey prompt me the
    > first time it tries to bind to the LDAP server using a Bind DN?

    Yes.

    BTW: It does not work with NON-ASCII chars in the bind-DN -> bug.

    Ciao, Michael.

  6. Re: LDAP authentication supported? - never mind followup questions

    Daniel Barclay wrote:
    >> Can you give me a pointer to documentation on the syntax? (I'm not
    >> really
    >> familiar with distinguished names, in particular how an MS Windows
    >> domain user
    >> ID would likely be mapped to a distinguished name.)

    > Never mind. I figured it out. (No XX=yy syntax needed.)

    Note that using the userPrincipalName in a simple bind only works for AD
    and it's not LDAPv3 compliant.

    Ciao, Michael.

+ Reply to Thread