Firefox Google Search Doesn't Work - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox Google Search Doesn't Work - Mozilla ; Hi I recently had some virus issues which all seem clear now (Spybot reports nothing found). I had uninstalled Firefox as I thought it may be effected and have now downloaded and reinstalled the most recent version. The problem I ...

  1. Firefox Google Search Doesn't Work

    Hi

    I recently had some virus issues which all seem clear now (Spybot reports
    nothing found). I had uninstalled Firefox as I thought it may be effected
    and have now downloaded and reinstalled the most recent version.

    The problem I have is that I cannot seem to search from the Firefox home
    page using google. I have Kaspersky AV installed (currently trial but will
    be paid fo soon!).

    I can surf by typing in web addresses (e.g bbc.co.uk and then searching from
    in there) but when i try to search in google it just sits there, doing
    nothing.

    I wondered if Kaspersky was blocking it but cannot see anything to suggest
    that.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Cheers

  2. Re: Firefox Google Search Doesn't Work

    rik wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I recently had some virus issues which all seem clear now (Spybot reports
    > nothing found). I had uninstalled Firefox as I thought it may be effected
    > and have now downloaded and reinstalled the most recent version.
    >
    > The problem I have is that I cannot seem to search from the Firefox home
    > page using google. I have Kaspersky AV installed (currently trial but will
    > be paid fo soon!).
    >
    > I can surf by typing in web addresses (e.g bbc.co.uk and then searching from
    > in there) but when i try to search in google it just sits there, doing
    > nothing.
    >
    > I wondered if Kaspersky was blocking it but cannot see anything to suggest
    > that.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers

    Temporarily turn off the AV program, and see if that helps

  3. Re: Firefox Google Search Doesn't Work

    On Jun 3, 4:27 pm, "rik" wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I recently had some virus issues which all seem clear now (Spybot reports
    > nothing found). I had uninstalled Firefox as I thought it may be effected
    > and have now downloaded and reinstalled the most recent version.
    >
    > The problem I have is that I cannot seem to search from the Firefox home
    > page using google. I have Kaspersky AV installed (currently trial but will
    > be paid fo soon!).
    >
    > I can surf by typing in web addresses (e.g bbc.co.uk and then searching from
    > in there) but when i try to search in google it just sits there, doing
    > nothing.
    >
    > I wondered if Kaspersky was blocking it but cannot see anything to suggest
    > that.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers

    I've been having exactly the same problem. Add to that that I cannot
    open my.yahoo page without clearing cookies, and the blockbuster.com
    site won't load - sits there saying : waiting on Facebook" I've
    cleaned out cookies, bought SpyDoctor and cleaned a couple adware and
    spy proggies, etc - everything says my machine should be clean.

+ Reply to Thread