No Clear Cache Add-on for v.3.x - Mozilla

This is a discussion on No Clear Cache Add-on for v.3.x - Mozilla ; It is frustrating that with nearly a dozen add-ons listed that none have been updated to provide a Clear Cache function (or at least I couldn't find one) all that were found indicated "for older versions". I really miss ...

  1. No Clear Cache Add-on for v.3.x

    It is frustrating that with nearly a dozen add-ons listed that none have
    been updated to provide a Clear Cache function (or at least I couldn't
    find one) all that were found indicated "for older versions".
    I really miss this convenience!

  2. Re: No Clear Cache Add-on for v.3.x

    dAVEr wrote:
    > It is frustrating that with nearly a dozen add-ons listed that none have
    > been updated to provide a Clear Cache function (or at least I couldn't
    > find one) all that were found indicated "for older versions".
    > I really miss this convenience!

    You mean the Web Developer extension does not work with v. 3?

  3. Re: No Clear Cache Add-on for v.3.x

    On 03-06-2008 22:00 CET, EE composed this enchanting statement:
    > dAVEr wrote:
    >> It is frustrating that with nearly a dozen add-ons listed that none
    >> have been updated to provide a Clear Cache function (or at least I
    >> couldn't find one) all that were found indicated "for older versions".
    >> I really miss this convenience!

    > You mean the Web Developer extension does not work with v. 3?

    or the Prefbar extension. Btw. what kind of add-ons list do you mean
    have in mind?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  4. Re: No Clear Cache Add-on for v.3.x

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:31:59 -0700, dAVEr wrote:

    > It is frustrating that with nearly a dozen add-ons listed that none have
    > been updated to provide a Clear Cache function (or at least I couldn't
    > find one) — all that were found indicated "for older versions".
    > I really miss this convenience!

    Toolbar Extras 3.4 (for Fx3) has a Clear Cache button.

    --
    Rom

  5. Re: No Clear Cache Add-on for v.3.x

    Since the extension installed in v.2.0.0.14 (Clear Cache Button,
    represented by a whisk broom icon) would not function in v.3.x, I
    uninstalled it then clicked on Browse All Add-ons in the header of
    Tools/Add-ons, then searched using "clear cache". The resulting
    list https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...+cache&cat=all
    did not reveal any simple clear cache extension that was not still
    labeled "This add-on is for older versions of Firefox".
    Sorry for the long response, but it is now nearly a week later and the
    same thing occurs. I suppose I could create a macro with Macromaker or
    other utility but I was hoping the the gurus would come through by now. 8^{

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 03-06-2008 22:00 CET, EE composed this enchanting statement:
    >> dAVEr wrote:
    >>> It is frustrating that with nearly a dozen add-ons listed that none
    >>> have been updated to provide a Clear Cache function (or at least I
    >>> couldn't find one) all that were found indicated "for older versions".
    >>> I really miss this convenience!

    >> You mean the Web Developer extension does not work with v. 3?

    > or the Prefbar extension. Btw. what kind of add-ons list do you mean
    > have in mind?

  6. Re: No Clear Cache Add-on for v.3.x

    Eureka! You are right. I missed that even though I have the Toolbar
    Extras 3.4 installed, because the icon was different (a trash can with
    red X vs. the broom) and the name was partially obscured by the gecko
    image wallpaper in the Customize Tool bar window (what's with THAT!?)Oh,
    on a hunch I just switched themes and see that it is a "feature" of
    Nautipolis theme. Cute but for those with less than perfect eyesight,
    not advised. Lesson learned, though, so I'll still use the theme. Now
    I'll have to figure out how to change the icon back to the broom icon
    that I prefer. Thanks Rom!

    Rom wrote:
    > On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:31:59 -0700, dAVEr wrote:
    >
    >> It is frustrating that with nearly a dozen add-ons listed that none have
    >> been updated to provide a Clear Cache function (or at least I couldn't
    >> find one) — all that were found indicated "for older versions".
    >> I really miss this convenience!

    > Toolbar Extras 3.4 (for Fx3) has a Clear Cache button.
    >
    >> | Buttons For The Add-ons, Error, Options, Library, Clear Private Data
    >> | Windows... View Page Source, Save As, Page Info, Clear Cache, Print
    >> | Preview and Full Screen. But Wait! Also... A Clear Urlbar button.

+ Reply to Thread