Can Firefox provide Opera's auto-complete forms function?? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can Firefox provide Opera's auto-complete forms function?? - Mozilla ; I am a longtime user of Opera, mainly for their "auto-complete forms" ability. With that I just start to fill in a form with my name, address, phone number, etc. and Opera auto completes what I start, much as email ...

  1. Can Firefox provide Opera's auto-complete forms function??

    I am a longtime user of Opera, mainly for their "auto-complete forms"
    ability. With that I just start to fill in a form with my name,
    address, phone number, etc. and Opera auto completes what I start,
    much as email programs do when we start to enter a recipient then the
    software auto completes for us.

    I have found several wanna be add-ons on the Mozilla site but none
    seem as slick as Operas to me. These are: "qomplete 1",
    "textcomplete", etc.

    Anybody have a lead on what I seek?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Can Firefox provide Opera's auto-complete forms function??

    I'm searching for this too. Perhaps a little more description will
    help.

    Opera doesn't remember everything you type and offer it up as you
    type; You fill out a set number of fields ahead of time, and it ONLY
    auto completes from that selective list.

    I actually PREFER this - I do NOT want everything I type saved. I
    would like a SMALL SUBSET saved, though - the stuff I use every day.
    I don't want a 'form filler' like Roboform, and while Inform Editor is
    CLOSE, it cannot be made to do inline fills as you type - it always
    requires at least a couple of clicks.

    I've searched EVERYWHERE -- through every extension - trying to find a
    way to turn off the inline auto complete with the exception of a small
    subset of pre-determined entries.

    On Jun 3, 10:31*am, AsheCou...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am a longtime user of Opera, mainly for their "auto-complete forms"
    > ability. With that I just start to fill in a form with my name,
    > address, phone number, etc. and Opera auto completes what I start,
    > much as email programs do when we start to enter a recipient then the
    > software auto completes for us.
    >
    > I have found several wanna be add-ons on the Mozilla site but none
    > seem as slick as Operas to me. These are: "qomplete 1",
    > "textcomplete", etc.
    >
    > Anybody have a lead on what I seek?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread