Flash Prompts - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Flash Prompts - Mozilla ; I don't know if others have experienced this -- I am using FF 3 RC1, and keep getting Install Missing Plugin prompts for Flash Player. But I ALREADY have Flash installed on my PC. These prompts don't happen with all ...

  1. Flash Prompts

    I don't know if others have experienced this -- I am
    using FF 3 RC1, and keep getting Install Missing
    Plugin prompts for Flash Player. But I ALREADY
    have Flash installed on my PC. These prompts
    don't happen with all pages, but when they do they
    are quite annoying.....

  2. Re: Flash Prompts

    On 6/3/2008 11:00 AM dxace1 plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:
    > I don't know if others have experienced this -- I am
    > using FF 3 RC1, and keep getting Install Missing
    > Plugin prompts for Flash Player. But I ALREADY
    > have Flash installed on my PC. These prompts
    > don't happen with all pages, but when they do they
    > are quite annoying.....

    Do you have the latest version? Could it be that the Plug-in .dll you
    have doesn't list FF 3 RC1 in its code? Maybe flash hasn't gotten around
    to making a compatible I am still using FF 2.0.0.14 and a simple flash
    upgrade did it for me. The reason why some sites don't flag you is maybe
    they aren't looking at FF version numbers.

    These are just my thoughts on the matter perhaps more experienced souls
    will chime in?

    --
    ________
    Brian M. Kochera

    mailto:brian1951@earthlink.net

  3. Re: Flash Prompts

    Thanks -- I wonder if this will be resolved
    in future builds?

  4. Re: Flash Prompts

    dxace1 wrote:
    > Thanks -- I wonder if this will be resolved
    > in future builds?

    I think you'll find in those instances it's due to an over-fussy web
    page rather than Firefox.

  5. Re: Flash Prompts

    dxace1 keyboarded, On 6/3/2008 5:05 PM :
    > Thanks -- I wonder if this will be resolved
    > in future builds?

    This is a question to ask the developers of Adobe Flash, as it is their
    duty to make their code compatible with any specific browser. All that
    should be necessary for a browser to do is, deal with MIME Type
    identification and offer an interface to which the third party software
    can communicate with the browser. Much of the difficulty that browsers
    and the media players have to deal with are being caused by web sites
    with flawed implementation of MIME and or scripts.

    --
    Ron K.