Firefox outrageously slow viewing YouTube comments - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox outrageously slow viewing YouTube comments - Mozilla ; When I right click on "View all comments" at a YouTube video and choose "Open in new window", Firefox becomes unresponsive for a long time, 20-30 seconds. If there are only a dozen or so comments, it's not too bad, ...

  1. Firefox outrageously slow viewing YouTube comments

    When I right click on "View all comments" at a YouTube video and choose
    "Open in new window", Firefox becomes unresponsive for a long time, 20-30
    seconds. If there are only a dozen or so comments, it's not too bad, but if
    there are more than about 80, it becomes very slow. In some cases, there are
    hundreds or even thousands of comments, and Firefox becomes simply unusable.

    Any idea how to fix that?

  2. Re: Firefox outrageously slow viewing YouTube comments

    Paul Pedersen wrote:
    > When I right click on "View all comments" at a YouTube video and choose
    > "Open in new window", Firefox becomes unresponsive for a long time, 20-30
    > seconds. If there are only a dozen or so comments, it's not too bad, but if
    > there are more than about 80, it becomes very slow. In some cases, there are
    > hundreds or even thousands of comments, and Firefox becomes simply unusable.
    >
    > Any idea how to fix that?

    I spent quite a few hours on Youtube watching a few videos. I use Fox3
    RC1 with about 12 addons. I had not a problem, and in a lot of cases I
    did view all the comments, but I didn't open them in a separate window ..

  3. Re: Firefox outrageously slow viewing YouTube comments

    "Yeebok Shu'in" wrote in message
    news:AfmdnRpmRZOYctnVnZ2dnUVZ_h7inZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Paul Pedersen wrote:
    >> When I right click on "View all comments" at a YouTube video and choose
    >> "Open in new window", Firefox becomes unresponsive for a long time, 20-30
    >> seconds. If there are only a dozen or so comments, it's not too bad, but
    >> if there are more than about 80, it becomes very slow. In some cases,
    >> there are hundreds or even thousands of comments, and Firefox becomes
    >> simply unusable.
    >>
    >> Any idea how to fix that?
    >>

    > I spent quite a few hours on Youtube watching a few videos. I use Fox3 RC1
    > with about 12 addons. I had not a problem, and in a lot of cases I did
    > view all the comments, but I didn't open them in a separate window ..

    You think v3 is better?

    Or maybe some addon is causing the problem. I'll try to find a way to
    disable them all and try it again.

    I assume the problem has to do with java or whatever is processing these
    comments, and I've heard that v3 is faster. Haven't tried it yet. But no
    joke, in that situation, Firefox v2 is simply unusable.

  4. Re: Firefox outrageously slow viewing YouTube comments

    Paul Pedersen wrote:
    > "Yeebok Shu'in" wrote in message
    > news:AfmdnRpmRZOYctnVnZ2dnUVZ_h7inZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> Paul Pedersen wrote:
    >>> When I right click on "View all comments" at a YouTube video and choose
    >>> "Open in new window", Firefox becomes unresponsive for a long time, 20-30
    >>> seconds. If there are only a dozen or so comments, it's not too bad, but
    >>> if there are more than about 80, it becomes very slow. In some cases,
    >>> there are hundreds or even thousands of comments, and Firefox becomes
    >>> simply unusable.
    >>>
    >>> Any idea how to fix that?
    >>>

    >> I spent quite a few hours on Youtube watching a few videos. I use Fox3 RC1
    >> with about 12 addons. I had not a problem, and in a lot of cases I did
    >> view all the comments, but I didn't open them in a separate window ..

    > You think v3 is better?
    >
    > Or maybe some addon is causing the problem. I'll try to find a way to
    > disable them all and try it again.
    >
    > I assume the problem has to do with java or whatever is processing these
    > comments, and I've heard that v3 is faster. Haven't tried it yet. But no
    > joke, in that situation, Firefox v2 is simply unusable.

    V3 far better than 2 - try it RC1 is out.

  5. Re: Firefox outrageously slow viewing YouTube comments

    The performance of FF3 in this situation is greatly improved over that of
    FF2.

    "Paul Pedersen" wrote in message
    news:eJSdndyetLGsx9nVnZ2dnUVZ_vzinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > When I right click on "View all comments" at a YouTube video and choose
    > "Open in new window", Firefox becomes unresponsive for a long time, 20-30
    > seconds. If there are only a dozen or so comments, it's not too bad, but
    > if there are more than about 80, it becomes very slow. In some cases,
    > there are hundreds or even thousands of comments, and Firefox becomes
    > simply unusable.
    >
    > Any idea how to fix that?

+ Reply to Thread