auto-saving attachments to a directory - Mozilla

This is a discussion on auto-saving attachments to a directory - Mozilla ; Is there a way to automatically save all attachments to a specified directory, without any user interaction? I've specified a directory to save all attachments in the attachments tab of the options window, but that doesn't seem to do anything. ...

  1. auto-saving attachments to a directory

    Is there a way to automatically save all attachments to a specified
    directory, without any user interaction? I've specified a directory
    to save all attachments in the attachments tab of the options window,
    but that doesn't seem to do anything. Files aren't automatically
    saved there. When I manually save/detach an attachment, I still get
    the dialog to choose a directory. What should the "Save all
    attachments to this folder:" setting actually do?

    I found the following preference in about:config that looks
    interesting:
    mail.attachment.store.version
    but I can't find any documentation for what values other than "1"
    might cause Thunderbird to do.

    Thanks ahead of time.

  2. Re: auto-saving attachments to a directory

    Kevin Peterson wrote:
    > Is there a way to automatically save all attachments to a specified
    > directory, without any user interaction? I've specified a directory
    > to save all attachments in the attachments tab of the options window,
    > but that doesn't seem to do anything. Files aren't automatically
    > saved there. When I manually save/detach an attachment, I still get
    > the dialog to choose a directory. What should the "Save all
    > attachments to this folder:" setting actually do?

    The Attachment Extractor extension will do it.

+ Reply to Thread