Marking messages "Urgent - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Marking messages "Urgent - Mozilla ; are there any visible means to mark a message "urgent" so that the recipient is aware of the urgency of the email? for example; a red exclamation mark ? -- Windows XP SP3 Thunderbird version 2.0.0.14 (with 25 extensions)...

  1. Marking messages "Urgent

    --

    Windows XP SP3
    Thunderbird version 2.0.0.14 (with 25 extensions)

  2. Re: Marking messages "Urgent

    Sul@Mozilla keyboarded, On 6/4/2008 8:38 AM :
    > are there any visible means to mark a message "urgent" so that the
    > recipient is aware of the urgency of the email? for example; a red
    > exclamation mark ?

    The e-mail specifications made provision for a Priority Header, and Tb
    supports that with a priority selector item in the Options Menu, and
    according to your theme a tool bar button selector.

    Beyond that, You have to do it by typing in your text in the message boddy.

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: Marking messages "Urgent

    Ron K. wrote:
    > Sul@Mozilla keyboarded, On 6/4/2008 8:38 AM :
    >> are there any visible means to mark a message "urgent" so that the
    >> recipient is aware of the urgency of the email? for example; a red
    >> exclamation mark ?
    >>

    > The e-mail specifications made provision for a Priority Header, and Tb
    > supports that with a priority selector item in the Options Menu, and
    > according to your theme a tool bar button selector.
    >
    > Beyond that, You have to do it by typing in your text in the message
    > boddy.

    When you are typing an email message use

    Options-->Priority-->

    to select the priority level of your mail.

    However, there is a caveat:

    This ONLY works if the receiving client recognizes the priority scheme
    in use. Thunderbird currently utilizes a five tier system, but many
    email clients use the old 3 tier system or another one of their own
    design. And if the recipient turns it on/displays such/etc

  4. Re: Marking messages "Urgent

    On 04.06.2008 14:38, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Sul@Mozilla to
    generate the following:? :
    > are there any visible means to mark a message "urgent" so that the recipient is
    > aware of the urgency of the email? for example; a red exclamation mark ?

    best bet there??
    Use your telephone to call the recipient - either tell that person to
    check eMail.... or transmit your *Urgent* message per voice (this is
    still a very efficient method of communication)

    reg

  5. Re: Marking messages "Urgent

    On 04.06.2008 15:05 UK Time, squaredancer wrote:
    > On 04.06.2008 14:38, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Sul@Mozilla to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> are there any visible means to mark a message "urgent" so that the
    >> recipient is aware of the urgency of the email? for example; a red
    >> exclamation mark ?
    >>

    > best bet there??
    > Use your telephone to call the recipient - either tell that person to
    > check eMail.... or transmit your *Urgent* message per voice (this is
    > still a very efficient method of communication)

    Or put URGENT in the subject line.

    FWIW, in my experience and opinion priority schemes are useless, just
    like receipt requests (but I don't really want to start another big
    discussion on all this :-) )

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  6. Re: Marking messages "Urgent

    Herb skrev:
    snip
    > Or put URGENT in the subject line.

    That is the prerogative of authors of the different advance fee scams
    - nigerian or lottery.

    helge

  7. Re: Marking messages "Urgent

    Ron K. posted the following on 04-Jun-08 20:41:
    > Sul@Mozilla keyboarded, On 6/4/2008 8:38 AM :
    >> are there any visible means to mark a message "urgent" so that the
    >> recipient is aware of the urgency of the email? for example; a red
    >> exclamation mark ?
    >>

    > The e-mail specifications made provision for a Priority Header, and Tb
    > supports that with a priority selector item in the Options Menu, and
    > according to your theme a tool bar button selector.
    >
    > Beyond that, You have to do it by typing in your text in the message
    > boddy.

    I am beginning to like thunderbird :-)

  8. Re: Marking messages "Urgent

    helge posted the following on 04-Jun-08 21:31:
    > Herb skrev:
    > snip
    >> Or put URGENT in the subject line.

    > That is the prerogative of authors of the different advance fee scams -
    > nigerian or lottery.
    >
    > helge

    appears that many 419's are beginning to appear from remote areas of China :-)

    --

    Windows XP SP3
    Thunderbird version 2.0.0.14 (with 25 extensions)

+ Reply to Thread