Special Icon - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Special Icon - Mozilla ; Is there a way to create a Windows shortcut that will open Thunderbird in "compose" mode with a specified recipient? Thanks....

  1. Special Icon

    Is there a way to create a Windows shortcut that will open Thunderbird
    in "compose" mode with a specified recipient?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Special Icon

    Ron K. keyboarded, On 6/3/2008 6:20 PM :
    > Pete Holsberg keyboarded, On 6/3/2008 5:55 PM :
    >> Is there a way to create a Windows shortcut that will open
    >> Thunderbird in "compose" mode with a specified recipient?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > I quote from mozilla.support.firefox

    >> Sure go to the website you want then drag the address to the desktop.
    >>
    >> Rich

    Same prinicipal applies to Tbird. Make a standard desktop shortcut and
    then edit it to add the command line instruction -compose

    An example from this document URL
    http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-...s.html#options

    |-compose "to=foo@nowhere.net"|

    |||Note the to addressee must be in quotations so it will be correctly
    be treated as a string literal.|

    Ron K.

  3. Re: Special Icon

    Ron K. has written on 6/3/2008 6:20 PM:
    > Pete Holsberg keyboarded, On 6/3/2008 5:55 PM :
    >> Is there a way to create a Windows shortcut that will open
    >> Thunderbird in "compose" mode with a specified recipient?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > I quote from mozilla.support.firefox

    Thanks, Ron. But I asked about THUNDERBIRD, not firefox. :-)

  4. Re: Special Icon

    Pete Holsberg keyboarded, On 6/3/2008 7:06 PM :
    > Ron K. has written on 6/3/2008 6:20 PM:
    >> Pete Holsberg keyboarded, On 6/3/2008 5:55 PM :
    >>> Is there a way to create a Windows shortcut that will open
    >>> Thunderbird in "compose" mode with a specified recipient?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> I quote from mozilla.support.firefox

    > Thanks, Ron. But I asked about THUNDERBIRD, not firefox. :-)

    Read my reply to myself where I zeroed in on your question. Also, see
    the link I provided.

    --
    Ron K.

  5. Re: Special Icon

    Ron K. said the following on 03-Jun-08 06:32 p.m.:
    > Pete Holsberg keyboarded, On 6/3/2008 7:06 PM :
    >> Ron K. has written on 6/3/2008 6:20 PM:
    >>> Pete Holsberg keyboarded, On 6/3/2008 5:55 PM :

    >>> I quote from mozilla.support.firefox

    >> Thanks, Ron. But I asked about THUNDERBIRD, not firefox. :-)

    > Read my reply to myself where I zeroed in on your question. Also, see
    > the link I provided.

    see the following:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbir...Line_Arguments

  6. Re: Special Icon

    John Spence keyboarded, On 6/3/2008 9:58 PM :
    > Ron K. said the following on 03-Jun-08 06:32 p.m.:
    >> Pete Holsberg keyboarded, On 6/3/2008 7:06 PM :
    >>> Ron K. has written on 6/3/2008 6:20 PM:

    >>> Thanks, Ron. But I asked about THUNDERBIRD, not firefox. :-)

    >> Read my reply to myself where I zeroed in on your question. Also, see
    >> the link I provided.
    >>

    > see the following:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbir...Line_Arguments

    I see that link expands on the command line options shown in the link I
    provided. My bookmark is now updated. Thank you.

    --
    Ron K.