Opening mail folders on another Thunderbird installation - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Opening mail folders on another Thunderbird installation - Mozilla ; Hi all I'm wondering if you need to carry just an email folder to open it on another Thunderbird client (on another PC) whose storage is set to default path, wouldn't be enough to carry the two files 'mail-folder' and ...

  1. Opening mail folders on another Thunderbird installation

    Hi all

    I'm wondering if you need to carry just an email folder to open it on
    another Thunderbird client (on another PC) whose storage is set to
    default path, wouldn't be enough to carry the two files 'mail-folder'
    and 'mail-folder.msf' and do File > Open Saved Messages on the "other"
    client.

    That didn't work, choosing to open either of the two files. Does anyone
    know if/how this could be done. It's a matter of easy portability of one
    or more local folders.

    Thanks for any help.
    Khaled

  2. Re: Opening mail folders on another Thunderbird installation

    On 03-06-2008 21:08 CET, Khaled A B Aly composed this enchanting statement:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I'm wondering if you need to carry just an email folder to open it on
    > another Thunderbird client (on another PC) whose storage is set to
    > default path, wouldn't be enough to carry the two files 'mail-folder'
    > and 'mail-folder.msf' and do File > Open Saved Messages on the "other"
    > client.
    >
    > That didn't work, choosing to open either of the two files. Does
    > anyone know if/how this could be done. It's a matter of easy
    > portability of one or more local folders.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    No need to carry .msf files. They are automagically created when you
    select the /transferred/ mail folder in the folder pane of the Mail &
    Newsgroup window.

    The following KB article explains (mail) data transfer in detail:

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert