Seamonkey 1.9 crashes in Kubuntu Hardy - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Seamonkey 1.9 crashes in Kubuntu Hardy - Mozilla ; Seamonkey 1.9 crashes frequently in Kubuntu hardy, both as the deb package from the repositories, or as the linux GTK2 installer from Seamonkey downloads. Seamonkey 1.8 by comparison is stable when installed in the hardy system. I wonder why this ...

  1. Seamonkey 1.9 crashes in Kubuntu Hardy

    Seamonkey 1.9 crashes frequently in Kubuntu hardy, both as the deb
    package from the repositories, or as the linux GTK2 installer from
    Seamonkey downloads.
    Seamonkey 1.8 by comparison is stable when installed in the hardy system.
    I wonder why this is so?
    I have the gtk engines installed apt-get install *gtk*-qt-engine
    gtk2-engines gtk2-engines-*gtk*-qt.
    I have not seen such an unstable seamonkey release in linux before.
    Best
    Rod

  2. Re: Seamonkey 1.9 crashes in Kubuntu Hardy

    Rod Lovett wrote:
    > Seamonkey 1.9 crashes frequently in Kubuntu hardy, both as the deb
    > package from the repositories, or as the linux GTK2 installer from
    > Seamonkey downloads.
    > Seamonkey 1.8 by comparison is stable when installed in the hardy system.
    > I wonder why this is so?
    > I have the gtk engines installed apt-get install *gtk*-qt-engine
    > gtk2-engines gtk2-engines-*gtk*-qt.
    > I have not seen such an unstable seamonkey release in linux before.
    > Best
    > Rod

    have you tried it with a test profile?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Seamonkey 1.9 crashes in Kubuntu Hardy

    Again, this probably doesn't help you any, but I am running SeaMonkey
    1.1.9 in Xubuntu Linux on a machine in my classroom at school and one at
    home as well, and have had no stability problems in either place.--Mark

  4. Re: Seamonkey 1.9 crashes in Kubuntu Hardy

    On 05/30/2008 08:22 PM, Rod Lovett wrote:
    > Seamonkey 1.9 crashes frequently in Kubuntu hardy, both as the deb
    > package from the repositories, or as the linux GTK2 installer from
    > Seamonkey downloads.
    > Seamonkey 1.8 by comparison is stable when installed in the hardy system.
    > I wonder why this is so?
    > I have the gtk engines installed apt-get install *gtk*-qt-engine
    > gtk2-engines gtk2-engines-*gtk*-qt.
    > I have not seen such an unstable seamonkey release in linux before.
    > Best
    > Rod

    Perhaps it is a kubuntu issue. SM 1.1.9 and 1.1.10pre run just fine for
    me in standard Gnome Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) and 8.04 (Hardy).

    Make sure that you have:
    http://www.seamonkey-project.org/rel...allation#linux

    The recommended build (GTK2) requires glibc 2.3.2, XFree86 4.3.x, GTK
    2.x, glib 2.x, libstdc++-3.3

    installed.

+ Reply to Thread