signature switch" signature doesn't automatically show - Mozilla

This is a discussion on signature switch" signature doesn't automatically show - Mozilla ; One of my signatures doesn't automatically show when I choose a reply to that email account. How do I get the signature to automatically appear? Bruce...

  1. signature switch" signature doesn't automatically show

    One of my signatures doesn't automatically show when I choose a reply
    to that email account. How do I get the signature to automatically
    appear?

    Bruce

  2. Re: signature switch" signature doesn't automatically show

    brucegooglegroups wrote:
    > One of my signatures doesn't automatically show when I choose a reply
    > to that email account. How do I get the signature to automatically
    > appear?
    >
    > Bruce

    Bruce, have you defined to "Signature Switch" the criteria as to when to
    use that particular signature?

    --

    Al
    http://www.sunisedoors.com

  3. Re: signature switch" signature doesn't automatically show

    On 5/30/2008 7:48 AM, brucegooglegroups wrote:
    > One of my signatures doesn't automatically show when I choose a reply
    > to that email account. How do I get the signature to automatically
    > appear?
    >
    > Bruce

    Signature Switch seems to have a timing problem.

    If I reply to a newsgroup message where I have set Signature Switch to
    use a special signature, my default signature often appears at the top
    of the composition window; my special signature does not appear at all.
    I then close the composition window and select Reply again. Then the
    correct signature appears at the correct position (at the bottom of the
    window).

    Since there is no Bugzilla reporting system for addons.mozilla.org
    extensions (as there is for Mozdev extensions), I have not reported this
    problem.

    --
    David E. Ross

    Go to Mozdev at for quick access to
    Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much

  4. Re: signature switch" signature doesn't automatically show

    David E. Ross wrote:
    > On 5/30/2008 7:48 AM, brucegooglegroups wrote:
    >> One of my signatures doesn't automatically show when I choose a reply
    >> to that email account. How do I get the signature to automatically
    >> appear?
    >>
    >> Bruce

    > Signature Switch seems to have a timing problem.
    >
    > If I reply to a newsgroup message where I have set Signature Switch to
    > use a special signature, my default signature often appears at the top
    > of the composition window; my special signature does not appear at all.
    > I then close the composition window and select Reply again. Then the
    > correct signature appears at the correct position (at the bottom of the
    > window).
    >
    > Since there is no Bugzilla reporting system for addons.mozilla.org
    > extensions (as there is for Mozdev extensions), I have not reported this
    > problem.

    I have never encountered the problem you describe... with that said a
    google search gives you the following link to the author's web site!
    http://www.achimonline.de/mozext/sig...itch_about.php along with a
    contact link

    --

    Al
    http://www.sunisedoors.com

  5. Re: signature switch" signature doesn't automatically show

    David E. Ross posted the following on 04-Jun-08 21:17:
    > On 5/30/2008 7:48 AM, brucegooglegroups wrote:
    >> One of my signatures doesn't automatically show when I choose a reply
    >> to that email account. How do I get the signature to automatically
    >> appear?
    >>
    >> Bruce

    > Signature Switch seems to have a timing problem.
    >
    > If I reply to a newsgroup message where I have set Signature Switch to
    > use a special signature, my default signature often appears at the top
    > of the composition window; my special signature does not appear at all.
    > I then close the composition window and select Reply again. Then the
    > correct signature appears at the correct position (at the bottom of the
    > window).
    >
    > Since there is no Bugzilla reporting system for addons.mozilla.org
    > extensions (as there is for Mozdev extensions), I have not reported this
    > problem.

    I faced the same problem of "timing"
    sometimes when I hit the "reply" button, the text do not appear at all or takes
    a slightly longer time to appear

    I think maybe got to set the signature under the different account and then
    allow signature switch take over;
    When I set a signature under the Account settings and when I hit Write or Reply,
    the original signature would appear briefly and then switch to the signature
    that I use for certain newsgroups; going to play for a little more and then will
    follow up with another post on 'signature switch'

    --

    Windows XP SP3
    Thunderbird version 2.0.0.14 (with 25 extensions)

+ Reply to Thread