-compose "from" option - Mozilla

This is a discussion on -compose "from" option - Mozilla ; Hi all... I have this problem: I need to open Thunderbird compose window, setting automatically some informations: the object, the body, the destination email address and which account to use to send the mail. So, I use the "-compose" option ...

  1. -compose "from" option

    Hi all...
    I have this problem: I need to open Thunderbird compose window, setting
    automatically some informations: the object, the body, the destination
    email address and which account to use to send the mail. So, I use the
    "-compose" option from command line. The problem is that I can't set the
    account. In the http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html
    page I found the "to", "subject", "attachment" and "body" options, but a
    "from" option seems doesn't exist. Could you tell me if there is a way
    to select the account and how can I do it?

    Thanks a lot

    Luca

  2. Re: -compose "from" option

    On 30.05.2008 16:34 » Luca Politti« wrote:
    > Hi all...
    > I have this problem: I need to open Thunderbird compose window,
    > setting automatically some informations: the object, the body, the
    > destination email address and which account to use to send the mail.
    > So, I use the "-compose" option from command line. The problem is that
    > I can't set the account. In the
    > http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html page I found the
    > "to", "subject", "attachment" and "body" options, but a "from" option
    > seems doesn't exist. Could you tell me if there is a way to select the
    > account and how can I do it?
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    >
    > Luca

    Follow the
    http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-...l#Syntax_Rules, you can
    use f.e "from=Luca@some.where" also! But it will not set the account info!

  3. Re: -compose "from" option

    > Follow the
    > http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-...l#Syntax_Rules, you can
    > use f.e "from=Luca@some.where" also! But it will not set the account info!

    .... did you manage to set the reply-to option?

  4. Re: -compose "from" option

    On 05.06.2008 13:31 » FT« wrote:
    >> Follow the
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-...l#Syntax_Rules, you
    >> can use f.e "from=Luca@some.where" also! But it will not set the
    >> account info!

    > ... did you manage to set the reply-to option?

    Give it just a try! And see for the "standard" details at
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc822#section-4.1 ...

+ Reply to Thread