Re: Firefox and siteadvisor weard behave after XP sp3 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Firefox and siteadvisor weard behave after XP sp3 - Mozilla ; Dont **** a lemming wrote: > dunno if my firefox is wrekked. > but after installing SP3 for windows XP siteadvisor is behaving strange. > it is not showing green / red, only gray. > > does some one else ...

  1. Re: Firefox and siteadvisor weard behave after XP sp3

    Dont **** a lemming wrote:
    > dunno if my firefox is wrekked.
    > but after installing SP3 for windows XP siteadvisor is behaving strange.
    > it is not showing green / red, only gray.
    >
    > does some one else has this to ?

    It maybe that the person who designed Site Advisor, hasnt updated it for
    version 3 yet, there are quite a few addons that arent updated for FF3.
    hopefully they will update soon, I like Site Advisor.

    John.

  2. Re: Firefox and siteadvisor weard behave after XP sp3

    John wrote:
    > Dont **** a lemming wrote:
    >> dunno if my firefox is wrekked.
    >> but after installing SP3 for windows XP siteadvisor is behaving strange.
    >> it is not showing green / red, only gray.
    >>
    >> does some one else has this to ?

    > It maybe that the person who designed Site Advisor, hasnt updated it for
    > version 3 yet, there are quite a few addons that arent updated for FF3.
    > hopefully they will update soon, I like Site Advisor.
    >
    > John.

    I have almost all mine updated now, but then I don't use a lot of
    add-ons. Sometimes you can find an update by going to the author's
    site, but they are often beta versions, so be aware of that.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  3. Re: Firefox and siteadvisor weard behave after XP sp3

    "John" wrote:...
    > lemming wrote:
    >> dunno if my firefox is wrecked.
    >> but after installing SP3 for windows XP siteadvisor is behaving strange.
    >> it is not showing green / red, only gray.

    > It maybe that the person who designed Site Advisor, hasnt updated it for
    > version 3 yet, there are quite a few addons that arent updated for FF3.
    > hopefully they will update soon, I like Site Advisor.

    The extension is *updated* for Version 3, but that doesn't really doesn't mean
    much. I created a new profile with only "McAfee Site Advisor" extension and get
    the problem, so can't blame it on "AVG Safe Search" which kind of looks like it
    has similar problems, in addition to serious problems that it causes.

    I was shocked at how fast Site Advisor ran without other extensions, but then I
    saw in the new profile, I was only getting 10 hits per search instead of 100

    BTW, if you update AVG on your system, it installed "AVG Safe Search" which
    causes problems on both Fx2 and Fx3 -- it says not for Fx3 but that doesn't
    stop it from being installed on all of your browsers. If you simply disable it,
    you will have the same problems again on a new profile, so suggest removing
    that component. Paste the following into location bar so you pick up the full link.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...#avgsafesearch

    --
    HTH,

  4. Re: Firefox and siteadvisor weard behave after XP sp3

    >> Dont **** a lemming wrote:
    >>> dunno if my firefox is wrekked.
    >>> but after installing SP3 for windows XP siteadvisor is behaving strange.
    >>> it is not showing green / red, only gray.

    Hi Don't,
    McAfee SiteAdvisor has been updated to 26.6 and the icons
    are being shown properly once more .
    http://www.siteadvisor.com/

+ Reply to Thread