Help me plz - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Help me plz - Mozilla ; Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote: > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote: >> I demanded an apology. whether I get and whether I will banned fro all >> groups I I don't know But I am not going to take ...

  1. Re: Help me plz

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >> I demanded an apology. whether I get and whether I will banned fro all
    >> groups I I don't know But I am not going to take being called a Lair
    >> even if he tip-toed around actually using the word or not.

    > good luck in trying to get that. I've been trying for months. As far
    > as I can determine, Bullies don't give apologies.

    I really don't expect it. But I did prove what he said he couldn't find
    (or maybe he didn't want to find).

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  2. Re: Help me plz

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 28.05.2008 17:41, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    > Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 27.05.2008 23:48, Terry R. wrote:

    I know I just forgot to put the smiley at the end. 8-D

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  3. Re: Help me plz

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 28.05.2008 18:28, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    > Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 5/28/08 12:16 AM, _Dennis_ spoke thusly:

    >>> Why would he try test the ability to post, when he has posted many
    >>> times in that group before?
    >>> Heck he even replied to this:
    >>> .
    >>> (notice the content)
    >>>

    >> I just went to the link you showed and the post was from Gus Richter(?)
    >>
    >> Last I looked I hadn't went o court to have my name changed to Gus's.
    >>

    > Gus is benevolent - as long as YOU get banned in HIS name, he'll let it
    > pass *LMAO*
    >
    > reg

    I was careful not to name names or say bad words even though I was
    upset. You'll have to accept apologies for my use of shouting. But in
    this particular place I felt it was necessary to get the point across I
    *was mad as He.. and couldn't take it anymore*

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  4. Re: Help me plz

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 5/28/08 12:28 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> Heck he even replied to this:
    >>> .
    >>> (notice the content)

    >> I just went to the link you showed and the post was from Gus Richter(?)

    > The post is from me, and if you look at the thread, you'll see that you
    > replied to it.

    what part of that tat section has my name on it. I don't see my name. I
    did not take over Guss R. Name?

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  5. Re: Help me plz

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 23:33:35 -0700
    wrote:

    > > Moderated shouldn't be a problem as some already are and a willing
    > > volunteer won't be difficult to enlist.

    > but does that give the "volunteer" the power to ban someone
    > he/she/it has a grudge with?

    Yup, as well as the power to ban someone you don't have a grudge
    against.

  6. Re: Help me plz

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >> On 28.05.2008 18:28, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    >> Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :

    >>> I just went to the link you showed and the post was from Gus Richter(?)
    >>>
    >>> Last I looked I hadn't went o court to have my name changed to Gus's.
    >>>

    >> Gus is benevolent - as long as YOU get banned in HIS name, he'll let it
    >> pass *LMAO*
    >>
    >> reg

    > I was careful not to name names or say bad words even though I was
    > upset. You'll have to accept apologies for my use of shouting. But in
    > this particular place I felt it was necessary to get the point across I
    > *was mad as He.. and couldn't take it anymore*

    hey, don't worry, you're not the only one who as gotten back
    at him. They have gotten so mad at him, they have left.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  7. Re: Help me plz

    Q wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 May 2008 23:33:35 -0700
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> Moderated shouldn't be a problem as some already are and a willing
    >>> volunteer won't be difficult to enlist.

    >> but does that give the "volunteer" the power to ban someone
    >> he/she/it has a grudge with?

    > Yup, as well as the power to ban someone you don't have a grudge
    > against.

    your brain is getting real small. Its getting to the size
    of a pea.

    Please re-read this posting. Its the last paragraph that
    applies to you, especially the last 8 words of that posting:
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...3f5eb3630e3258

    Thank you for your consideration into this matter.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  8. Re: Help me plz

    On 5/28/08 11:29 PM, _Jay Garcia_ spoke thusly:
    > On 28.05.2008 21:59, Chris Ilias wrote:

    Yes, Jay I know (Gerv has forwarded you complaints to me. ;-) ).
    Are you saying that whenever he posts OT, I should just let it go? If
    anything, this reinforces my argument that he can't make the judgement
    call himself, therefore his posts should not be automatically approved,
    but await moderator approval.

    >>> And this means that by that answer Phillip was taken off the list
    >>> because he should have realized that Gus's post was OT in MTMM? Gee whiz
    >>> man, what a stretch!!

    >> I think there may be confusion about what "the list" is. The
    >> auto-approve list is completely separate from mailing list membership.
    >> As MTMM admin, I can set it to automatically approve messages from
    >> certain non-members. By taking Phillip off the auto-approve list, it
    >> just means that his messages have to await my approval before making it
    >> to the newsgroup. He is NOT BANNED.

    > We are well aware of which list is being discussed and yes we know he's
    > not banned.

    I don't get the feeling everyone is aware of it.
    --
    Chris Ilias

  9. Re: Help me plz

    On 5/29/08 3:48 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> I never called you a liar.

    > Yes you did by your response here that I replied to where you said after
    > studying the situation its appears I was asking for un moderated
    > membership just to be allowed to post the images.

    First off: The post you cited came *after* my accusation; so how can I
    be calling you a liar?

    Second: With the exception of receiving MTMM posts via email, the /only/
    reason to become a MTMM mailing list member is to bypass moderation. Why
    is that so offensive to you? Especially considering the things you
    accuse me of.

    > My intent was only to reapply as a member because I received a message
    > That indicated I was not a member. That is the totality of the reason. I
    > believed I was no longer a member of the group.

    "reapply"?
    You were *never* a mailing list member. You were on the auto-approve list.

    --
    Chris Ilias

  10. Re: Help me plz

    On 5/29/08 3:51 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> I just went to the link you showed and the post was from Gus Richter(?)

    >> The post is from me, and if you look at the thread, you'll see that
    >> you replied to it.

    > what part of that tat section has my name on it. I don't see my name. I
    > did not take over Guss R. Name?

    I said that you replied to it; not that the post was from you, or that
    it was in reply to a post of yours. If you go to that page, and click on
    the thread title ("test [Stationery, Arivald]", you can see the entire
    thread.

    --
    Chris Ilias

  11. Re: Help me plz

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >> On 28.05.2008 18:28, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    >> Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :

    > *was mad as He.. and couldn't take it anymore*

    Hey Phillip, how did you get this whole phrase emBoldened??

    I _thought these_ things *only worked* for /single words/ !!

    Daniel

  12. Re: Help me plz

    Daniel wrote:
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>> On 28.05.2008 18:28, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    >>> Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :

    >> *was mad as He.. and couldn't take it anymore*
    >>

    > Hey Phillip, how did you get this whole phrase emBoldened??
    >
    > I _thought these_ things *only worked* for /single words/ !!
    >
    > Daniel

    And I've just shot myself down!!

    Hopefully I'll remember that they work for groups of words

    (still trying to get rid of the leading *, / and _!

    Daniel

  13. Re: Help me plz

    *-* On 28 May 2008, at 08:44:23 -0400,
    *-* In Article kaidnVm-u881zqDVnZ2dnUVZ_i2dnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* Dennis wrote
    *-* About Re: Help me plz

    > Ken Whiton wrote:
    >> *-* jetjock wrote

    >> [ ... ]

    >>> Has anyone ever said why Mozilla displays "bold" font with an
    >>> asterisk in front and behind and "italic" font with a slash in
    >>> front and behind?

    >> AFAIK, that's the default behavior for all three effects (or
    >> at least it is in my TB).

    >>> I do see type in both bold and italics, but both have
    >>> the above additions to them. Underline works fine.

    >> Does Mozilla use userChrome.css and userContent.css files the
    >> way TB and FF do? If so, then to remove those effect delimiters
    >> from your view add the following code to the userContent.css file:
    >>
    >> /* Remove the *,/,_ characters for bold, italic, and underline from
    >> text messages/posts */

    >> .moz-txt-star > .moz-txt-tag { display: none; }
    >> .moz-txt-slash > .moz-txt-tag { display: none; }
    >> .moz-txt-underscore > .moz-txt-tag { display: none; }

    >> I have to give credit to G. R. Woodring for that code:

    >> http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...eed5357ac52e67

    > It is terrible getting old.

    Maybe so, but it's better than the alternative. ;-)

    > I went to look at my userChrome.css and
    > userContent.css files for Seamonkey and TB. Lo and behold, both
    > files were updated on 2/14/08.

    G. R. Woodring's post, where I got the code, was dated 2/11/08,
    so it's likely you got the code from there also, judging by the date
    of your files.

    > Both userContent.css and
    > userChrome.css for seamonkey and TB have the lines you list above.
    > Evidently I have added them and forgotten about them.

    They're only needed in userContent.css, so you can remove them
    from userChrome.css if you want.

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  14. Re: Help me plz

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>> On 28.05.2008 18:28, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    >>> Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :

    >>> Gus is benevolent - as long as YOU get banned in HIS name, he'll let
    >>> it pass *LMAO*
    >>>
    >>> reg

    >> I was careful not to name names or say bad words even though I was
    >> upset. You'll have to accept apologies for my use of shouting. But in
    >> this particular place I felt it was necessary to get the point across
    >> I *was mad as He.. and couldn't take it anymore*
    >>

    > hey, don't worry, you're not the only one who as gotten back at him.
    > They have gotten so mad at him, they have left.

    I refuse to give him that pleasure. I'll try to play by the rules. He
    may raise my BP, but I've taken enough bullying during my life, that I
    refuse to take more.

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  15. Re: Help me plz

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 5/29/08 3:48 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>
    >>> I never called you a liar.

    >> Yes you did by your response here that I replied to where you said
    >> after studying the situation its appears I was asking for un moderated
    >> membership just to be allowed to post the images.

    > First off: The post you cited came *after* my accusation; so how can I
    > be calling you a liar?
    >
    > Second: With the exception of receiving MTMM posts via email, the /only/
    > reason to become a MTMM mailing list member is to bypass moderation. Why
    > is that so offensive to you? Especially considering the things you
    > accuse me of.
    >
    >> My intent was only to reapply as a member because I received a message
    >> That indicated I was not a member. That is the totality of the reason.
    >> I believed I was no longer a member of the group.

    > "reapply"?
    > You were *never* a mailing list member. You were on the auto-approve list.

    Well what did I apply for a few month ago. I think it was after the list
    went quiet and people were reapplying to join the list. I'm not talking
    about being a list member but a Group member In other words It appeared
    from you email as administrator I wasn't allowed even post on the group.

    I've never used Mail List its always been NNTP method for me.

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  16. Re: Help me plz

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 5/29/08 3:51 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> On 5/28/08 12:28 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>>
    >>> The post is from me, and if you look at the thread, you'll see that
    >>> you replied to it.

    >> what part of that tat section has my name on it. I don't see my name.
    >> I did not take over Guss R. Name?

    > I said that you replied to it; not that the post was from you, or that
    > it was in reply to a post of yours. If you go to that page, and click on
    > the thread title ("test [Stationery, Arivald]", you can see the entire
    > thread.

    The part you showed didn't have my name even in it. But if you said I
    replied, then I replied to the subject. Perhaps I should have prefaced
    the reply as OT or to move to General. at the time I was not aware of
    either.

    It was a while before I could figure out Followup. and to this day is
    doesn't work 100% for me.

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  17. Re: Help me plz

    Daniel wrote:
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>> On 28.05.2008 18:28, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    >>> Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :

    >> *was mad as He.. and couldn't take it anymore*
    >>

    > Hey Phillip, how did you get this whole phrase emBoldened??
    >
    > I _thought these_ things *only worked* for /single words/ !!
    >
    > Daniel

    No you can on Phrases as long as the line is unbroken.
    /Same with Italics/.

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  18. Re: Help me plz

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    >>> *was mad as He.. and couldn't take it anymore*
    >>>

    >> Hey Phillip, how did you get this whole phrase emBoldened??
    >>
    >> I _thought these_ things *only worked* for /single words/ !!
    >>
    >> Daniel

    > No you can on Phrases as long as the line is unbroken.
    > /Same with Italics/.

    plus as long as it doesn't contain punctuation marks in them

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  19. Re: Help me plz