Help me plz - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Help me plz - Mozilla ; On 28.05.2008 10:10, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote: --- Original Message --- > don't bother. The idiot in question has posted in another > post, that it will be marked as "wontfix" Yes, I DO remember that now. So, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 155

Thread: Help me plz

  1. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 10:10, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    --- Original Message ---

    > don't bother. The idiot in question has posted in another
    > post, that it will be marked as "wontfix"


    Yes, I DO remember that now. So, if there is no place to file it then
    how can it be marked?? Unless there is somewhere else to file it.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  2. Re: Help me plz

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 27.05.2008 23:50, Terry R. wrote:
    >
    > --- Original Message ---
    >
    >> Even though images had been used in MTMM..."for testing".

    >
    > Right! I guess an image of an 88-key Casio Keyboard showing a connection
    > point for a USB dongle that would apply directly to a Multimedia issue
    > with Firefox then that would be ok but NOT an image related to a support
    > issue posted in .thunderbird. Makes sense to me ... 8-)
    >

    Now why in the world would anyone post the image of the keyboard in a
    Mozilla Support group. I know you meant it as a Joke. but when you try
    to use an image of what you see (a problem) with a Mozilla Product.

    I think I remember (maybe I am losing it) we use to be able to post
    screen shots of preference panes showing Mozilla settings for given
    preference settings.; either here or in the actual group.

    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  3. Re: Help me plz

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 27.05.2008 23:48, Terry R. wrote:
    >
    > --- Original Message ---
    >
    >> The date and time was 5/27/2008 8:08 PM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>
    >>> On 27.05.2008 11:47, Terry R. wrote:
    >>>
    >>> --- Original Message ---
    >>>
    >>>> The date and time was 5/27/2008 9:41 AM, and on a whim, Phillip M.
    >>>> Jones, C.E.T pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>>>
    >>>>>> Just received a moderator I am not a member of the group so I guess I
    >>>>>> was banned from that group. Also though I did sign up again for the
    >>>>>> group right after a certain person was removed.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> If that's the way its going to be. Then I guess That the way it will be.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Just received notice the images were deigned. And as far as as I can
    >>>>> tell my request to resign up to become a member of the group is deigned
    >>>>> as well.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>> Well, it doesn't appear like you'd be missing anything anyway. The
    >>>> group has effectively been killed off.
    >>>>
    >>>> Why can't Mozilla provide a group for posting error images? Just make
    >>>> them expire after 10 days. *WHAT* is the big deal Mozilla gods???
    >>>>
    >>> IIRC, it's a Giganews issue or Google issue with posting images, don't
    >>> remember exactly.
    >>>

    >> You know as well as I that nothing is impossible. If it can be done in
    >> MTMM, it can be done elsewhere.
    >>

    >
    > I'm talking about the .support groups, yes, it's possible in MTMM but
    > not to post an image related to a support issue posted in any of the
    > support groups - as per ChrisI. Not being able to post an image makes it
    > that much more difficult for the "average" user to give a visual
    > reference which actually, IMHO, is not acceptable (not being able to
    > post an image)in a "support" venue.
    >

    Careful Jay you might get Banned for saying such if Chris is listening.

    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  4. Re: Help me plz

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 28.05.2008 10:10, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    > --- Original Message ---
    >
    >> don't bother. The idiot in question has posted in another
    >> post, that it will be marked as "wontfix"

    >
    > Yes, I DO remember that now. So, if there is no place to file it then
    > how can it be marked?? Unless there is somewhere else to file it.
    >


    then again, maybe he's trying to protect his hide. He wants
    to be in control of everything.

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Help me plz

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 5/28/08 12:40 AM, _Terry R._ spoke thusly:
    >> The date and time was 5/27/2008 8:50 PM, and on a whim, Chris Ilias
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>
    >>> On 5/27/08 11:17 PM, _Jay Garcia_ spoke thusly:
    >>>> On 27.05.2008 12:55, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> --- Original Message ---
    >>>>
    >>>>> On 5/27/08 1:35 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>>>>> Hello Chris where do I reapply for membership in Test.Multimedia?
    >>>>> Putting this into context, it's obvious you are trying to become a
    >>>>> member just to get around moderation, even though I rejected the
    >>>>> messages you tried to post.
    >>>> That is simply a false assumption. He clearly stated that he was under
    >>>> the impression that he had to become a member in order to post an image
    >>>> on n.m.o.
    >>>
    >>> Where?
    >>>

    >>
    >> You are pathetic.

    >
    > Say what you will; but I have never resorted to personal insults, like
    > telling someone that they are pathetic, or telling someone to 'get a
    > life' or name calling, or insisting that a person is going to hell.
    > I take a lot of insults from you, Gus, Reg, and Grant; and I brush them
    > off (Yet I'm accused of denying people of free speech).
    >
    > Regardless of the uncivil packaging of the complaint, I still make an
    > effort to address the actual content of the complaint, and not the
    > personal insults.
    >


    Okay to the where:

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 5/27/08 1:35 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >> Hello Chris where do I reapply for membership in Test.Multimedia?

    >
    > Putting this into context, it's obvious you are trying to become a

    member just to get around moderation, even though I rejected the
    messages you tried to post.
    > The purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia is for testing multimedia

    messages in Mozilla-based newsreaders, or helping others compose HTML
    messages to render properly in Mozilla newsreaders.
    > Of course, this is something I explained in my rejection notices.
    >
    > As such, I've added you as a moderated member.
    >
    >> And Two do you know of any Mozilla Group I can post two small images

    both combined 68K in size. so people can look and see What kind of
    problem I am having with viewing underlined text in Plan Text messages.
    >
    > There are none. If you'd like the ability to post screenshots in the

    support newsgroups, file a bug (although it will likely be marked as
    wontfix); but don't abuse the one and only Mozilla binary newsgroup, or
    hijack this sub-thread about Mozilla newsgroups appearing on Usenet. You
    can use image hosting sites such as flickr.com.
    >


    No Sir. No such Thing.

    I only posted a request after I received a message it did not appear I
    was a member.

    And I posted the images because I thought that is the only place on
    mozilla to post test images. In fact If you check the Mozilla test group
    I've got a question into you if its okay to post those images there.

    I'll be glad to send them to you directly and you can figure out what I
    need to do to post them for other to see.

    I *am* trying to play by the rules. Up until these images, have you seen
    any post of mine that were off base or blatantly out of line. I've
    always either posted items within guidelines or simply answered people
    testing that the items they were testing either worked or not on my setup.

    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Okay Now doe you notice in my reply the following sentence:

    I only posted a request after I received a message it did not appear I
    was a member.

    Go back to the original.

    If I made the mistake of posting off topic material to a specific Group
    and it was not allowed Fine.

    But SIR I DO NOT APPRECIATE BEING CALLED A LIAR!!!

    AND I EXPECT AN IMMEDIATE APOLOGY!

    IF I don't get it then I know what kind of person you are.

    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  6. Re: Help me plz

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 5/28/08 12:40 AM, _Terry R._ spoke thusly:
    >> The date and time was 5/27/2008 8:50 PM, and on a whim, Chris Ilias
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>
    >>> On 5/27/08 11:17 PM, _Jay Garcia_ spoke thusly:
    >>>> On 27.05.2008 12:55, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> --- Original Message ---
    >>>>
    >>>>> On 5/27/08 1:35 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>>>>> Hello Chris where do I reapply for membership in Test.Multimedia?
    >>>>> Putting this into context, it's obvious you are trying to become a
    >>>>> member just to get around moderation, even though I rejected the
    >>>>> messages you tried to post.
    >>>> That is simply a false assumption. He clearly stated that he was under
    >>>> the impression that he had to become a member in order to post an image
    >>>> on n.m.o.
    >>>
    >>> Where?
    >>>

    >>
    >> You are pathetic.

    >
    > Say what you will; but I have never resorted to personal insults, like
    > telling someone that they are pathetic, or telling someone to 'get a
    > life' or name calling, or insisting that a person is going to hell.
    > I take a lot of insults from you, Gus, Reg, and Grant; and I brush them
    > off (Yet I'm accused of denying people of free speech).
    >
    > Regardless of the uncivil packaging of the complaint, I still make an
    > effort to address the actual content of the complaint, and not the
    > personal insults.


    Man oh man, dragging my name up after leaving you for quite some time to
    wallow happily in your sandbox. How affectionate of you. I like you too.

    --
    Gus


  7. Re: Help me plz

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 5/28/08 12:16 AM, _Dennis_ spoke thusly:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> On 5/27/08 2:22 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>>> Also, I didn't say I was banned nor that my request was deigned. I
    >>>> just said it appeared so from messages I received.
    >>>
    >>> Phillip, that's purely a semantic issue. Either way, you gave the
    >>> false impression.
    >>>
    >>> I've already told you where you can post, and made you a moderated
    >>> member; so why don't you answer my question? The subject header of
    >>> the messages you tried to post was "This is to show problem I am
    >>> having with seeing Underlined items in Plain Text:TEST"
    >>> Why did you put "TEST" in the subject? What were you testing?

    >>
    >> Obviously he didn't know if it would post or not. I.E.: TEST

    >
    > Why would he try test the ability to post, when he has posted many times
    > in that group before?
    > Heck he even replied to this:
    > .
    > (notice the content)

    I just went to the link you showed and the post was from Gus Richter(?)

    Last I looked I hadn't went o court to have my name changed to Gus's.


    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  8. Re: Help me plz

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 27.05.2008 22:57, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    > --- Original Message ---
    >
    >> On 5/27/08 2:33 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>> I *am* trying to play by the rules. Up until these images, have you seen
    >>> any post of mine that were off base or blatantly out of line.

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >> That's why you were taken of the auto-approve list. You clearly do not
    >> know what is and what is not off-topic for MTMM.

    >
    > How does:
    >
    > "No version for Mac (PPC or INTEL)"
    >
    > translate to Phillip not having any idea as to what's OT or not in MTMM?
    >
    > Gus's post was OT for MTMM and should have been made in .thunderbird but
    > so what, does that mean that Phillip should not have posted an answer?
    > And this means that by that answer Phillip was taken off the list
    > because he should have realized that Gus's post was OT in MTMM? Gee whiz
    > man, what a stretch!!
    >
    > Hey Phillip, get your raincoat on, you're gonna be tarred and feathered
    > next!! :-)
    >

    Definite after what I just posted a few minutes ago. I didn't insult the
    fellow but should make the fellow blush if he has an conscious.

    What I did do is quote verbatim the post Chris made where I gave No Sir
    .... I quoted his part and my response The main sentence he can't
    remember I said I made the request only after I received a notice it
    appeared I was no longer a member.

    I demanded an apology. whether I get and whether I will banned fro all
    groups I I don't know But I am not going to take being called a Lair
    even if he tip-toed around actually using the word or not.

    Frankly I don't care anymore. I've been apart of Mozilla Groups, and
    Netscape Groups since the very first Communicator, and Probably during
    Netscape Navigator 3.0.1 A Gold. In that Time I expect I have given out
    probably more information Good bad or indifferent Than he has dreamed of
    in his life. I'll admit I have in that time got two or three warnings.
    So I am not prefect. But each time I go one I strived to do better and
    the warning was usually for something else. The last warning I may have
    gotten was perhaps 3-4 years ago.

    So I am human. I make mistakes. But I don't strive to disobey the rules.
    I asked in several groups If I could post these item even in
    Mozilla.test. I i received the notice from moderator the images were
    unacceptable and Fine, if they are not they are not. If you have rules
    you have rules. But accusing me of trying to renew membership to get
    around moderation I take offense at because the moderator thinks I am
    only going to post those images if I am not moderated. Then is when I
    get my hackles up. He has no idea what he has done to my blood pressure.

    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  9. Re: Help me plz

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >>>> This was suggest by Purple as place to setup. was a Pain to figure out
    >>>> how to upload the images.
    >>> how can it be a pain. There's only two things: Browser and Host It.
    >>>
    >>> The End
    >>>

    >>
    >> You don't know what I went though would let me host until I created a
    >> Username and password. That as a dilly.
    >> any way I got the both of them hosted finally.
    >>

    >
    > USERNAME AND PASSWORD!!!! I've never had that. Its never asked me for
    > that. Just Browse and Host It. Thats all.
    >

    I don't know what to tell you I had to join create username and password
    before it would even allow me to click Host it.

    In any event I am a member now.

    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  10. Re: Help me plz

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 5/28/2008 7:59 AM, and on a whim, Phillip M.
    > Jones, C.E.T pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >>>
    >>> Do you have Quote Colors? Do you have "Enable font effects..."
    >>> checked on the "Advanced & Message Options" tab?
    >>>

    >>
    >> Yes and yes
    >>

    >
    > Phillip, check the Profile folder links I gave to Dennis earlier today.
    > From it he found his chrome folder was supposed to be all lowercase,
    > and he had it "Chrome". Being OS X is Unix based, maybe the same issue
    > applies to you.
    >

    Just checked everything is lower case. Yes OSX. is UNIX Based. In fact
    the current version used unless they have changed for OSX.5 is FreeBSD

    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  11. Re: Help me plz

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >> On 27.05.2008 22:57, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>
    >> --- Original Message ---
    >>
    >>> On 5/27/08 2:33 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>>> I *am* trying to play by the rules. Up until these images, have
    >>>> you seen any post of mine that were off base or blatantly out
    >>>> of line.
    >>> Yes.
    >>>
    >>> That's why you were taken of the auto-approve list. You clearly
    >>> do not know what is and what is not off-topic for MTMM.

    >>
    >> How does:
    >>
    >> "No version for Mac (PPC or INTEL)"
    >>
    >> translate to Phillip not having any idea as to what's OT or not in
    >> MTMM?
    >>
    >> Gus's post was OT for MTMM and should have been made in
    >> .thunderbird but so what, does that mean that Phillip should not
    >> have posted an answer? And this means that by that answer Phillip
    >> was taken off the list because he should have realized that Gus's
    >> post was OT in MTMM? Gee whiz man, what a stretch!!
    >>
    >> Hey Phillip, get your raincoat on, you're gonna be tarred and
    >> feathered next!! :-)
    >>

    > Definite after what I just posted a few minutes ago. I didn't insult
    > the fellow but should make the fellow blush if he has an conscious.
    >
    > What I did do is quote verbatim the post Chris made where I gave No
    > Sir ... I quoted his part and my response. The main sentence he
    > can't remember, I said I made the request only after I received a
    > notice it appeared I was no longer a member.
    >
    > I demanded an apology. Whether I get one and whether I will banned
    > from all groups I don't know. But I am not going to take being called
    > a Lair even if he tip-toed around actually using the word or not.
    >
    > Frankly I don't care anymore. I've been apart of Mozilla Groups, and
    > Netscape Groups since the very first Communicator, and Probably
    > during Netscape Navigator 3.0.1 A Gold. In that time I expect I have
    > given out probably more information Good, bad, or indifferent Than
    > he has dreamed of in his life. I'll admit I have in that time got two
    > or three warnings. So I am not prefect. But each time I got one I
    > strived to do better and the warning was usually for something else.
    > The last warning I may have gotten was perhaps 3-4 years ago.
    >
    > So I am human. I make mistakes. But I don't strive to disobey the
    > rules. I asked in several groups If I could post these item even in
    > Mozilla.test. I received the notice from moderator the images were
    > unacceptable fine, if they are not they are not. If you have
    > rules you have rules. But accusing me of trying to renew membership
    > to get around moderation I take offense at because the moderator
    > thinks I am only going to post those images if I am not moderated.
    > Then is when I get my hackles up. He has no idea what he has done to
    > my blood pressure.
    >


    I forgot to add an this my last post in reference to the warnings.

    If I have already been told that something is unacceptable. I'm not
    stupid enough to ask for membership then post Items I received warning
    about. Other people might but have more integrity than that!

    Oh and by the way. No person's name is mention in this reply and the one
    above comments of the previous reply.
    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  12. Re: Help me plz

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>> On 27.05.2008 22:57, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>>
    >>> --- Original Message ---
    >>>
    >>>> On 5/27/08 2:33 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>>>> I *am* trying to play by the rules. Up until these images, have
    >>>>> you seen any post of mine that were off base or blatantly out
    >>>>> of line.
    >>>> Yes.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> That's why you were taken of the auto-approve list. You clearly
    >>>> do not know what is and what is not off-topic for MTMM.
    >>>
    >>> How does:
    >>>
    >>> "No version for Mac (PPC or INTEL)"
    >>>
    >>> translate to Phillip not having any idea as to what's OT or not in
    >>> MTMM?
    >>>
    >>> Gus's post was OT for MTMM and should have been made in .thunderbird
    >>> but so what, does that mean that Phillip should not have posted an
    >>> answer? And this means that by that answer Phillip was taken off the
    >>> list because he should have realized that Gus's post was OT in MTMM?
    >>> Gee whiz man, what a stretch!!
    >>>
    >>> Hey Phillip, get your raincoat on, you're gonna be tarred and
    >>> feathered next!! :-)
    >>>

    >> Definite after what I just posted a few minutes ago. I didn't insult
    >> the fellow but should make the fellow blush if he has an conscious.
    >>
    >> What I did do is quote verbatim the post Chris made where I gave No
    >> Sir ... I quoted his part and my response. The main sentence he can't
    >> remember, I said I made the request only after I received a notice it
    >> appeared I was no longer a member.
    >>
    >> I demanded an apology. Whether I get one and whether I will banned
    >> from all groups I don't know. But I am not going to take being called
    >> a Lair even if he tip-toed around actually using the word or not.
    >>
    >> Frankly I don't care anymore. I've been apart of Mozilla Groups, and
    >> Netscape Groups since the very first Communicator, and Probably during
    >> Netscape Navigator 3.0.1 A Gold. In that time I expect I have
    >> given out probably more information Good, bad, or indifferent Than
    >> he has dreamed of in his life. I'll admit I have in that time got two
    >> or three warnings. So I am not prefect. But each time I got one I
    >> strived to do better and the warning was usually for something else.
    >> The last warning I may have gotten was perhaps 3-4 years ago.
    >>
    >> So I am human. I make mistakes. But I don't strive to disobey the
    >> rules. I asked in several groups If I could post these item even in
    >> Mozilla.test. I received the notice from moderator the images were
    >> unacceptable fine, if they are not they are not. If you have rules you
    >> have rules. But accusing me of trying to renew membership to get
    >> around moderation I take offense at because the moderator thinks I am
    >> only going to post those images if I am not moderated. Then is when I
    >> get my hackles up. He has no idea what he has done to
    >> my blood pressure.
    >>

    >
    > I forgot to add an this my last post in reference to the warnings.
    >
    > If I have already been told that something is unacceptable. I'm not
    > stupid enough to ask for membership then post Items I received warning
    > about. Other people might but I have more integrity than that!
    >
    > Oh and by the way. No person's name is mention in this reply and the one
    > above comments of the previous reply.



    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  13. Re: Help me plz

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > I demanded an apology. whether I get and whether I will banned fro all
    > groups I I don't know But I am not going to take being called a Lair
    > even if he tip-toed around actually using the word or not.


    good luck in trying to get that. I've been trying for
    months. As far as I can determine, Bullies don't give
    apologies.

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  14. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 18:06, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Gus Richter to
    generate the following:? :
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> On 5/28/08 12:40 AM, _Terry R._ spoke thusly:
    >>
    >>> The date and time was 5/27/2008 8:50 PM, and on a whim, Chris Ilias
    >>> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> On 5/27/08 11:17 PM, _Jay Garcia_ spoke thusly:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On 27.05.2008 12:55, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> --- Original Message ---
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> On 5/27/08 1:35 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Hello Chris where do I reapply for membership in Test.Multimedia?
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> Putting this into context, it's obvious you are trying to become a
    >>>>>> member just to get around moderation, even though I rejected the
    >>>>>> messages you tried to post.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> That is simply a false assumption. He clearly stated that he was under
    >>>>> the impression that he had to become a member in order to post an image
    >>>>> on n.m.o.
    >>>>>
    >>>> Where?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> You are pathetic.
    >>>

    >> Say what you will; but I have never resorted to personal insults, like
    >> telling someone that they are pathetic, or telling someone to 'get a
    >> life' or name calling, or insisting that a person is going to hell.
    >> I take a lot of insults from you, Gus, Reg, and Grant; and I brush them
    >> off (Yet I'm accused of denying people of free speech).
    >>
    >> Regardless of the uncivil packaging of the complaint, I still make an
    >> effort to address the actual content of the complaint, and not the
    >> personal insults.
    >>

    >
    > Man oh man, dragging my name up after leaving you for quite some time to
    > wallow happily in your sandbox. How affectionate of you. I like you too.
    >
    >


    hmmm - you do?? I think he's a nutter!

    reg

    ps - I was going to write something excremental (instead of "a
    nutter")... but no, I'm a kindly sort of person and wouldn't like
    excrementals to think I had compared them to him!

  15. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 14:50, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 27.05.2008 22:50, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    > --- Original Message ---
    >
    >
    >> On 5/27/08 11:17 PM, _Jay Garcia_ spoke thusly:
    >>
    >>> On 27.05.2008 12:55, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>>
    >>> --- Original Message ---
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> On 5/27/08 1:35 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hello Chris where do I reapply for membership in Test.Multimedia?
    >>>>>
    >>>> Putting this into context, it's obvious you are trying to become a
    >>>> member just to get around moderation, even though I rejected the
    >>>> messages you tried to post.
    >>>>
    >>> That is simply a false assumption. He clearly stated that he was under
    >>> the impression that he had to become a member in order to post an image
    >>> on n.m.o.
    >>>

    >> Where?
    >>
    >>

    >
    > In your archived messages. :-)
    >
    >


    aw! c'mon Jay!
    on Chris' behalf, he *DID* post that he only archives for support purposes!

    reg

  16. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 17:18, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>
    >>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> This was suggest by Purple as place to setup. was a Pain to figure out
    >>>> how to upload the images.
    >>>>
    >>> how can it be a pain. There's only two things: Browser and Host It.
    >>>
    >>> The End
    >>>
    >>>

    >> You don't know what I went though would let me host until I created a
    >> Username and password. That as a dilly.
    >> any way I got the both of them hosted finally.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > USERNAME AND PASSWORD!!!! I've never had that. Its never
    > asked me for that. Just Browse and Host It. Thats all.
    >
    >


    you need to create a user account for the FIRST uploading!

    reg

  17. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 17:05, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 28.05.2008 08:23, Terry R. wrote:
    >
    > --- Original Message ---
    >
    >
    >> The date and time was 5/28/2008 5:49 AM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>
    >>
    >>> On 27.05.2008 23:48, Terry R. wrote:
    >>>
    >>> --- Original Message ---
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> The date and time was 5/27/2008 8:08 PM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    >>>> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> On 27.05.2008 11:47, Terry R. wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> --- Original Message ---
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> The date and time was 5/27/2008 9:41 AM, and on a whim, Phillip M.
    >>>>>> Jones, C.E.T pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Just received a moderator I am not a member of the group so I guess I
    >>>>>>>> was banned from that group. Also though I did sign up again for the
    >>>>>>>> group right after a certain person was removed.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> If that's the way its going to be. Then I guess That the way it will be.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Just received notice the images were deigned. And as far as as I can
    >>>>>>> tell my request to resign up to become a member of the group is deigned
    >>>>>>> as well.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> Well, it doesn't appear like you'd be missing anything anyway. The
    >>>>>> group has effectively been killed off.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Why can't Mozilla provide a group for posting error images? Just make
    >>>>>> them expire after 10 days. *WHAT* is the big deal Mozilla gods???
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> IIRC, it's a Giganews issue or Google issue with posting images, don't
    >>>>> remember exactly.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>> You know as well as I that nothing is impossible. If it can be done in
    >>>> MTMM, it can be done elsewhere.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> I'm talking about the .support groups, yes, it's possible in MTMM but
    >>> not to post an image related to a support issue posted in any of the
    >>> support groups - as per ChrisI. Not being able to post an image makes it
    >>> that much more difficult for the "average" user to give a visual
    >>> reference which actually, IMHO, is not acceptable (not being able to
    >>> post an image)in a "support" venue.
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Yes, there could easily be a mozilla.screenshots for that purpose,
    >> although you're right, posting to the support group itself is the best way.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > AFAIK someone could file a bug on creating a screenshots group.
    >
    > Hmm, whilst composing this message I looked at bugzilla.mozilla.org and
    > there no category to file a request to add a group here. At least I
    > couldn't find it. So, where does one file this request?
    >
    >


    to ChrisI@wontfix.com maybe??

    'bout time we got secnews back online, so that we can do some genuine
    support stuff!

    reg

  18. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 17:41, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >
    >> On 27.05.2008 23:48, Terry R. wrote:
    >>
    >> --- Original Message ---
    >>
    >>
    >>> The date and time was 5/27/2008 8:08 PM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    >>> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> On 27.05.2008 11:47, Terry R. wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> --- Original Message ---
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> The date and time was 5/27/2008 9:41 AM, and on a whim, Phillip M.
    >>>>> Jones, C.E.T pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>> Just received a moderator I am not a member of the group so I guess I
    >>>>>>> was banned from that group. Also though I did sign up again for the
    >>>>>>> group right after a certain person was removed.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> If that's the way its going to be. Then I guess That the way it will be.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> Just received notice the images were deigned. And as far as as I can
    >>>>>> tell my request to resign up to become a member of the group is deigned
    >>>>>> as well.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Well, it doesn't appear like you'd be missing anything anyway. The
    >>>>> group has effectively been killed off.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Why can't Mozilla provide a group for posting error images? Just make
    >>>>> them expire after 10 days. *WHAT* is the big deal Mozilla gods???
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>> IIRC, it's a Giganews issue or Google issue with posting images, don't
    >>>> remember exactly.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> You know as well as I that nothing is impossible. If it can be done in
    >>> MTMM, it can be done elsewhere.
    >>>
    >>>

    >> I'm talking about the .support groups, yes, it's possible in MTMM but
    >> not to post an image related to a support issue posted in any of the
    >> support groups - as per ChrisI. Not being able to post an image makes it
    >> that much more difficult for the "average" user to give a visual
    >> reference which actually, IMHO, is not acceptable (not being able to
    >> post an image)in a "support" venue.
    >>
    >>

    > Careful Jay you might get Banned for saying such if Chris is listening.
    >
    >


    this is moz.general and OT posts are allowed - and ChrisI is waayyyy OT

    reg

  19. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 18:28, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> On 5/28/08 12:16 AM, _Dennis_ spoke thusly:
    >>
    >>> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On 5/27/08 2:22 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Also, I didn't say I was banned nor that my request was deigned. I
    >>>>> just said it appeared so from messages I received.
    >>>>>
    >>>> Phillip, that's purely a semantic issue. Either way, you gave the
    >>>> false impression.
    >>>>
    >>>> I've already told you where you can post, and made you a moderated
    >>>> member; so why don't you answer my question? The subject header of
    >>>> the messages you tried to post was "This is to show problem I am
    >>>> having with seeing Underlined items in Plain Text:TEST"
    >>>> Why did you put "TEST" in the subject? What were you testing?
    >>>>
    >>> Obviously he didn't know if it would post or not. I.E.: TEST
    >>>

    >> Why would he try test the ability to post, when he has posted many times
    >> in that group before?
    >> Heck he even replied to this:
    >> .
    >> (notice the content)
    >>

    > I just went to the link you showed and the post was from Gus Richter(?)
    >
    > Last I looked I hadn't went o court to have my name changed to Gus's.
    >
    >
    >


    Gus is benevolent - as long as YOU get banned in HIS name, he'll let it
    pass *LMAO*

    reg

  20. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 15:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 28.05.2008 06:03, squaredancer wrote:
    >
    > --- Original Message ---
    >
    >
    >> On 28.05.2008 06:50, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Terry R. to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> The date and time was 5/27/2008 8:06 PM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    >>> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> On 27.05.2008 10:28, Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> --- Original Message ---
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> If I post those in Test multimedia then have some one go look would
    >>>>>>> that be okay. Or can I post them here.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> the Mozilla Bully will ban you if you do that.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> He must have banned the images because I sent them to Test multimedia
    >>>>> and they didn't show up there either.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I sent them to your email address.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>> The rules are that you cannot post an image related to a support issue
    >>>> ANYWHERE on this server, you have to provide a link to somewhere else.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> Even though images had been used in MTMM..."for testing".
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >> .... which is why MTMM is dead, why many posters are either banned or on
    >> the "moderated" list. But do please note - the banning and listing is
    >> very selective.....
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    >
    > Hmmm, let me ask the magic question. Lets say you reg,


    ME? WHY always me?? ;-)
    > posted against
    > the rules (first time post) in MTMM and then was simply asked not to do
    > so by the "powers that be" in a personal email in a very nicely worded
    > explanation .. would you have complied and replied with a thank-you for
    > being enlightened and from then on complied with the request?
    >


    probably I wouldn't have tried to post the SAME kind of thing again...

    > Do you think that multiple offenses AFTER receiving that nicely worded
    > private email should result in another nicely worded email


    yes! - a nicely worded, detailed explanation as to the Whys and Wherefores.

    > or do you
    > think that being banned is justified?


    banning is like the death sentence... pretty final.

    > Do you think that YOU should have
    > known what was illegal or not whether or not you received that nicely
    > worded private email? ;-)
    >


    are we talking MM here, or simply the etiquette side?
    As I was banned (yonks ago) to the moderated list on a "first offence",
    it is difficult to form a neutral opinion!
    The description of exactly WHAT is illegal is buried far too deep for
    the Joe Doe user - and the "illegal" side of MM is a catch22 question
    anyway - we can't win, no matter what we post there!

    Get secnews (or a similar substitute) running and we'll leave this
    decrepid Hall of Fame!

    reg


+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast