Help me plz - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Help me plz - Mozilla ; Andrew DeFaria wrote: > I didn't cancel any post. Yes, I meanwhile read the removal of your posts was an administrative measure. Congratulations, you've actually got me and my misinterpretations .... Thanks for ignoring my follow up btw. Alexander...

  1. Re: Help me plz

    Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    > I didn't cancel any post.

    Yes, I meanwhile read the removal of your posts was an administrative
    measure. Congratulations, you've actually got me and my
    misinterpretations ....

    Thanks for ignoring my follow up btw.

    Alexander

  2. Re: Help me plz

    Andrew DeFaria has written on 5/22/2008 11:15 AM:
    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >
    >> Andrew DeFaria has written on 5/22/2008 1:10 AM:
    >>
    >>> Everybody's human and we all make mistakes. If you wish to point out
    >>> my mistakes I will gladly correct them. And there's a difference
    >>> between slipping up with a typo and typing "dont" or even "dont'" and
    >>> continually typing various phrases leaving out the proper punctuation
    >>> or constantly misspelling words. The former is a mistake and the
    >>> latter is either ignorance, stupidity or worse yet, laziness.
    >>>

    >> Didn't *you* miss a comma, there, pal? (Between "phrases" and "leaving".)
    >>
    >> :-)
    >>

    > Perhaps. Thanks for the correction.

    Perhaps? I thought you were a stickler for that sort of thing??

  3. Re: Help me plz

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 20.05.2008 13:25, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    Education begins with explanation.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  4. Re: Help me plz

    On 23.05.2008 02:35, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    Before or after the newbie clicks on the veiled tiny url containing a
    malicious or otherwise web site?

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  5. Re: Help me plz

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 23.05.2008 02:35, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    Yes.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    NEW --> Now evaluating a GG-free news feed: http://usenet4all.se

  6. Re: Help me plz

    On 24.05.2008 00:08, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> On 23.05.2008 02:35, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    Fine, you write the documentation and I'll correct the spelling. :-)

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  7. Re: Help me plz

    Chris Ilias wrote:

    > And please read my reply to Terry regarding personal insults.

    As far as I know I have never insulted you or anyone else in a long
    long time. If you took anything I said as an insult then maybe you
    should spend a little time in self reflection. I can only express my
    feelings, you must draw the conclusion.

    Dennis

  8. Re: Help me plz

    Q wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >
    >> (Haven't worked out how to grab a screen grab in Mandriva Linux yet)

    > If you're using KDE, which IIRC is the default Mandriva desktop, the
    > "print screen" button should bring up ksnapshot. If not, typing
    > "ksnapshot" will.

    Would you believe I've done that before, by accident, when I didn't need
    it, so just close ksnapshot when it came up!

    What an idiot!!

    Daniel

  9. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 06:22, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ron to
    generate the following:? :
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >

    >> On 5/27/08 2:33 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>

    >>> I *am* trying to play by the rules. Up until these images, have you
    >>> seen any post of mine that were off base or blatantly out of line.
    >>>

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >> That's why you were taken of the auto-approve list. You clearly do not
    >> know what is and what is not off-topic for MTMM.
    >>

    > Geez Chris, Do you fellows have any idea what Multi Media is and how to
    > run a support group?
    > Jays message below should show any reasonable person a little
    > something,but I have have my doubts if it soaks in for you folks.
    > From what I have seen on this server, is that the main folks that help
    > are the same ones you Honchos keep trying to cut down.
    > They have problems of their own they discover and then try to work them
    > out and all you do is belly ache and bitch if they try to post an image
    > to help solve the problem. From my view point you are about as useless
    > as teats on a boar hog.
    > Also I would guess these same folks you all keep trying to cut down are
    > all about as old as you folks Dads. They all have been around a lot
    > longer than you three and have seen and done it all back when you are
    > were still in diapers are at least in knee pants.
    > When they try to tell you something--listen--U just might learn something.
    >
    > The rules are that you cannot post an image related to a support issue
    > ANYWHERE on this server, you have to provide a link to somewhere else.
    >
    > -- Jay Garcia Netscape Champion UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    >
    > Ron

    well, Ron
    I have openly and often called him a total idiot - but a lot of folks
    think that I over-grade him!

    reg

  10. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 06:50, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
    > Terry R. wrote:
    >
    >> Absolutely remove someone from the "auto-approve" list because they made
    >> an OT comment. Chris, get a life...
    >>

    > it took 6 months, and we're back to this again, and its the
    > same trouble maker causing problems. He's giving Mozilla a
    > black eye, and Gerv couldn't care less!!!!

    Gerv is out there, someplace, praying his second-life-christian!

    reg

  11. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 06:06, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Chris Ilias to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 5/27/08 2:22 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >
    >> Also, I didn't say I was banned nor that my request was deigned. I just
    >> said it appeared so from messages I received.
    >>

    > Phillip, that's purely a semantic issue. Either way, you gave the false
    > impression.
    >
    > I've already told you where you can post, and made you a moderated
    > member; so why don't you answer my question? The subject header of the
    > messages you tried to post was "This is to show problem I am having with
    > seeing Underlined items in Plain Text:TEST"
    > Why did you put "TEST" in the subject? What were you testing?

    that's it, guys! This idiot accuses others of "that's purely a semantic
    issue"

    reg

  12. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 07:06, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Dennis to
    generate the following:? :
    > Chris Ilias wrote:

    >>> Obviously he didn't know if it would post or not. I.E.: TEST
    >>>

    >> Why would he try test the ability to post, when he has posted many times
    >> in that group before?
    >> Heck he even replied to this:
    >> .
    >> (notice the content)
    >>

    > You really don't get out much do you? Phillip ask a couple of
    > questions in this group questioning whether he would be able to post
    > in the multimedia group. He even mentioned (potentially) asking you.
    > So TEST in the subject line makes entirely good sense. His subject
    > line didn't try to hide anything.
    >
    > Just because no one here likes you doesn't mean they are trying to
    > make your life miserable. You seem to be doing a fine job of it all on
    > your own.
    >
    > I would really like to see you grow up or go away. Actually, both
    > would be great!
    >
    > Dennis

    na! Dennis - just go away. Maybe add "and explode someplace", but go
    away is fine!

    reg

  13. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 07:43, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Chris Ilias to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 5/28/08 1:06 AM, _Dennis_ spoke thusly:
    >
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>

    >>> Why would he try test the ability to post, when he has posted many
    >>> times in that group before?
    >>> Heck he even replied to this:
    >>> .
    >>> (notice the content)
    >>>

    >> You really don't get out much do you? Phillip ask a couple of questions
    >> in this group questioning whether he would be able to post in the
    >> multimedia group. He even mentioned (potentially) asking you.
    >>

    > "I tried twice last night to send two attachments. in this forum to show
    > peter what I saw with his test and what I saw when I was replying to his
    > message.
    >
    > I tried twice and both times they were killed
    >
    > I'll ask ChrisI
    >
    > If I post those in Test multimedia then have some one go look would that
    > be okay. Or can I post them here."
    >
    > He was talking about failed posts *here*, not MTMM. The only mention of
    > MTMM is that if he were to post the images there, that someone should
    > take a look.
    >
    > Are you referring to a different post?
    >
    > If you read the message I linked to in my previous post, it clearly says
    > not to use MTMM for support screenshots, and he replied to that message;
    > so I /know/ he knows that rule. It has certainly been discussed in here
    > and MTMM ad infinitum.
    >
    > And please read my reply to Terry regarding personal insults.

    Chris I

    Do you REALLY have a problem reading this part of Phillip's message:

    QUOTE (from above post):

    I'll ask ChrisI

    If I post those in Test multimedia then have some one go look would that
    be okay. Or can I post them here."

    UNQUOTE

    can you genuinely NOT READ THERE, that Phillip posted YOU a question??

    I realise that you are a complete idiot and that your Mama probably
    dropped you on your head at birth, but idiots do not have to be that
    stupid as well!

    reg

  14. Re: Help me plz

    On 28.05.2008 06:50, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Terry R. to
    generate the following:? :
    > The date and time was 5/27/2008 8:06 PM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >

    >> On 27.05.2008 10:28, Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    ..... which is why MTMM is dead, why many posters are either banned or on
    the "moderated" list. But do please note - the banning and listing is
    very selective.....

    reg

  15. Re: Help me plz

    Ken Whiton wrote:
    > *-* On Tue, 27 May 2008, at 09:56:08 -0500,
    > *-* In Article mJidnWJvHPCavKHVnZ2dnUVZ_sudnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    > *-* jetjock wrote
    > *-* About Re: Help me plz
    >
    > [ ... ]
    >
    >> Has anyone ever said why Mozilla displays "bold" font with an
    >> asterisk in front and behind and "italic" font with a slash in front
    >> and behind?

    > AFAIK, that's the default behavior for all three effects (or at
    > least it is in my TB).
    >
    >> I do see type in both bold and italics, but both have
    >> the above additions to them. Underline works fine.

    > Does Mozilla use userChrome.css and userContent.css files the way
    > TB and FF do? If so, then to remove those effect delimiters from your
    > view add the following code to the userContent.css file:
    >
    > /* Remove the *,/,_ characters for bold, italic, and underline from text
    > messages/posts */
    >
    > .moz-txt-star > .moz-txt-tag { display: none; }
    > .moz-txt-slash > .moz-txt-tag { display: none; }
    > .moz-txt-underscore > .moz-txt-tag { display: none; }
    >
    > I have to give credit to G. R. Woodring for that code:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...eed5357ac52e67
    >

    > Ken Whiton
    >
    > FIDO: 1:132/152
    > InterNet: kenwhiton@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)

    It is terrible getting old. I went to look at my userChrome.css and
    userContent.css files for Seamonkey and TB. Lo and behold, both files
    were updated on 2/14/08. Both userContent.css and userChrome.css for
    seamonkey and TB have the lines you list above. Evidently I have added
    them and forgotten about them. But, I still see the leading and
    trailing characters for bold, italic, and underline. My chrome
    directories are located in the default location, as far as I know.
    /home/dennis/.thunderbird/(DefaultGeneratedString).default/Chrome

    Thanks,
    Dennis

  16. Re: Help me plz