Help me plz - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Help me plz - Mozilla ; Andrew DeFaria wrote: > > Now you're talking to yourself... Not a good sign! :-D Certain situations require certain actions and hey .. we dont want you to misinterpret once more something, do we? Alexander -- CityPics.org - The world ...

  1. Re: Help me plz

    --
    CityPics.org - The world at your fingertips
    http://www.citypics.org

  2. Re: Help me plz

    Andrew DeFaria wrote:

    > Not your veiled form, no.

    Bad luck I guess.

    > Ah yes you are right. I forgot I played with that recently. What font
    > would you prefer?

    What about the one configured on my machine?

    > Need I say more. I agreed with you.

    I'd say you made the right decision ....

    > He stated an opinion. etiquette's (and netiquette's for that matter) are
    > only ever opinions.

    No, there is a huge difference between stating that HTML is bad
    netiquette and stating it is considered as bad netiquette. The former
    would be your desired opinion, the latter is a well-known fact.

    > You don't really care but can't resist bringing it up. Interesting...

    Arent nuances a great thing?

    Personally I prefer plain text, but if someone insists to use HTML and
    it is still readable I would never complain. Otherwise I make use of my
    legitimate right to simply ignore it.

    Alexander

    --
    CityPics.org - The world at your fingertips
    http://www.citypics.org

  3. Re: Help me plz

    Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    > No, bad sarcasm...

    Dont think so. Shall we ask the others?

    > Which is...?

    Why should you care? After all you dont tamper with it, do you?

    But I will tell you a secret, there's a lovely font named "Courier New".

    > And you made the wrong one...

    Sounds somehow like a mafia threat.

    > The former is stated as a fact, one that's not necessarily true. The
    > latter is stated as an opinion, as that's what it is.

    Well, IMHO (there we've got yet another opinion) saying HTML is bad
    netiquette is an opinion. On the other hand saying HTML is considered as
    bad netiquette is a fact, given all the thousand flamewars about HTML in
    newsgroups since .... since when?

    And here I am only talking about the big eight, if you dare to step out
    to regional groups, you will encounter quite different reactions - I
    believe I once heard Germans actually hang users posting HTML .

    > They sure "arent"! ;-)

    They sure are, oh how I love'em.

    > Sounds like a good option... To bad you continue to refuse to ignore it
    > but comment on it instead....

    Tsts, didnt we agree you dont go on with misinterpreting? Come on ....

    I didnt say I ignore my own comments, I simply referred to the fact that
    unreadable postings dont get my full attention. Do they get yours?

    --
    CityPics.org - The world at your fingertips
    http://www.citypics.org

  4. Re: Help me plz

    Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    > No, we wouldn't. I say it's pretty clear, at least to me...

    Hooray, lets celebrate!

    Champagne, Champagne for everyone, to quote a lovely and beautiful
    british Lady.

    --
    CityPics.org - The world at your fingertips
    http://www.citypics.org

  5. Re: Help me plz

    On 21 May 2008 Alexander wrote:

    > Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    >> No, we wouldn't. I say it's pretty clear, at least to me...

    > Hooray, lets celebrate!

    > Champagne, Champagne for everyone, to quote a lovely and beautiful
    > british Lady.

    "Champagne for my friends. Real pain for my enemies" :-)

    With best wishes,

    Peter.

    --
    Peter \ / zfc Er \ Prestbury, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52
    Anne \/ __ __ \ England.

  6. Re: Help me plz