google analytic - Mozilla

This is a discussion on google analytic - Mozilla ; What does that site do? Could I stop my browser from contacting that place? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux ...

  1. google analytic

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.3

  2. Re: google analytic

    Google Analytics is a system that monitors all access to your site.

    Probably there is an script embedded in your page.

    Give me the URL.

    Cheers,
    Roberto Rigolin

    On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 7:21 AM, Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
    wrote:

    > What does that site do?
    >
    > Could I stop my browser from contacting that place?
    >
    > --
    > @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    > / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
    > /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.3
    > ^ ^ 18:21:01 up 2 days 2:09 2 users load average: 1.06 1.08 1.08
    > ? ? (CSSA):
    > http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/

  3. Re: google analytic

    On Thu, 15 May 2008 18:21:40 +0800, Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:

    > Could I stop my browser from contacting that place?

    In Adblock Plus
    I have added the following filter rule:

    google-analytics.com/*

    --
    Rom

  4. Re: google analytic

    Rom wrote:
    > On Thu, 15 May 2008 18:21:40 +0800, Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:
    >
    >> Could I stop my browser from contacting that place?

    > In Adblock Plus
    > I have added the following filter rule:
    >
    > google-analytics.com/*

    NoScript can also easily block it, by making it an untrusted address.

  5. Re: google analytic

    Tarkus wrote:
    > Rom wrote:
    >> On Thu, 15 May 2008 18:21:40 +0800, Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:
    >>
    >>> Could I stop my browser from contacting that place?

    >> In Adblock Plus
    >> I have added the following filter rule:
    >>
    >> google-analytics.com/*

    > NoScript can also easily block it, by making it an untrusted address.

    You can also use Blocksite to block it. That way, the browser will not
    load it at all. I blocked it because it was slowing down page loading.
    I did not see why I should have to wait for something that does me no
    good.

  6. Re: google analytic

    EE wrote:
    > Tarkus wrote:
    >> Rom wrote:

    >>> In Adblock Plus
    >>> I have added the following filter rule:
    >>>
    >>> google-analytics.com/*

    >> NoScript can also easily block it, by making it an untrusted address.

    > You can also use Blocksite to block it. That way, the browser will not
    > load it at all. I blocked it because it was slowing down page loading.
    > I did not see why I should have to wait for something that does me no
    > good.

    If you're that worried about a split second, just put it in your hosts
    file, and then you don't need to load Blocksite either.

    Suffice it to say, any of these solutions will work, with no noticeable
    differences in speed.

  7. Re: google analytic

    > On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 7:21 AM, Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:
    >>
    >> What does that site do?
    >> Could I stop my browser from contacting that place?

    "Roberto Rigolin" > Google Analytics is a system that monitors all access to your site.

    > Probably there is an script embedded in your page.
    >
    > Give me the URL.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Roberto Rigolin

    You can use the "Adblock" extension or the "Adblock Plus" extension to
    remove the ads. If you install a filter it will probably eliminate what they are
    currently using.

    Google Preferences not sticking (#preferences)
    includes some Google Analytics that I weed out
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...tm#preferences

    --
    HTH,

  8. Re: google analytic

    > In Adblock Plus
    > I have added the following filter rule:
    >
    > google-analytics.com/*

    Trying it... thanks

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.22-14-generic