Firefox FILE>SEND LINK failure - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox FILE>SEND LINK failure - Mozilla ; OK, suddenly I have new, though minor, bug. The "SEND LINK" on the FILE menu does not work. When I select it, nothing happens. The SEND LINK in IE7 works fine. Firefox is my default browser and the SEND LINK ...

  1. Firefox FILE>SEND LINK failure

    OK, suddenly I have new, though minor, bug. The "SEND LINK" on the FILE menu does not work. When I select it, nothing happens. The SEND LINK in IE7 works fine. Firefox is my default browser and the SEND LINK has worked in the past, at least as recently as a couple of weeks ago. I have removed any un-needed add-on's. No fix. I tried Firefox in SAFE mode. Still does not work. I have GSpace and StumbleUpon Toolbar installed (and a few others) and the SENT TO feature on the Stumble toolbar does work, just not the one built into the Firefox 2.0.0.14 FILE menu. Fails to open my mail client program. In IE7 it works just fine.

    Using FF 2.0.0.14 under Vista SP1 HP on a HP DV9500. Mail client is Vista's WindowsMail. I also have two other mail client programs installed that I don't use. "Mail to:" links or email addresses in all other programs opens the WindowsMail as usual. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get it back working or the cause of the malfunction?
    Bob, Still Old, Still Grey, And Still A Woolf

    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly inconvenienced. And a party was thrown for them afterwards for being really cool about it.

    Bob's Space - Home Page of the Olde Greywoolf

  2. Re: Firefox FILE>SEND LINK failure

    On Sat, 10 May 2008 23:09:58 -0400, Bob wrote:

    > OK, suddenly I have new, though minor, bug. The "SEND LINK" on the
    > FILE menu does not work. When I select it, nothing happens. The
    > SEND LINK in IE7 works fine. Firefox is my default browser and the
    > SEND LINK has worked in the past, at least as recently as a couple
    > of weeks ago. I have removed any un-needed add-on's. No fix. I
    > tried Firefox in SAFE mode. Still does not work. I have GSpace
    > and StumbleUpon Toolbar installed (and a few others) and the SENT
    > TO feature on the Stumble toolbar does work, just not the one built
    > into the Firefox 2.0.0.14 FILE menu. Fails to open my mail client
    > program. In IE7 it works just fine.
    >
    > Using FF 2.0.0.14 under Vista SP1 HP on a HP DV9500. Mail client
    > is Vista's WindowsMail. I also have two other mail client programs
    > installed that I don't use. "Mail to:" links or email addresses in
    > all other programs opens the WindowsMail as usual. Anyone have any
    > suggestions on how to get it back working or the cause of the
    > malfunction?

    In the Location bar type/copy about:config and press Enter.
    In the Filter box type/copy network.protocol-handler.external.mailto

    If the Value for that preference is not set to the default of "true"
    either double-click to toggle or right-click and select Reset from the
    context menu.

    Perhaps your problem is related to the Google toolbar being installed
    and later uninstalled? See the first item for Google Toolbar here:

    --
    Rom

  3. Re: Firefox FILE>SEND LINK failure

    It was set to "false". Changed it. FIXED!!! Outstanding! I wonder why or how it got changed? Anyway, you, Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman and I thank you - again!

    "Rom" <-@-.invalid> wrote in message news:14vw3h88agt58.p6xaglgjav4n.dlg@40tude.net...
    On Sat, 10 May 2008 23:09:58 -0400, Bob wrote:

    > OK, suddenly I have new, though minor, bug. The "SEND LINK" on the
    > FILE menu does not work. When I select it, nothing happens. The
    > SEND LINK in IE7 works fine. Firefox is my default browser and the
    > SEND LINK has worked in the past, at least as recently as a couple
    > of weeks ago. I have removed any un-needed add-on's. No fix. I
    > tried Firefox in SAFE mode. Still does not work. I have GSpace
    > and StumbleUpon Toolbar installed (and a few others) and the SENT
    > TO feature on the Stumble toolbar does work, just not the one built
    > into the Firefox 2.0.0.14 FILE menu. Fails to open my mail client
    > program. In IE7 it works just fine.
    >
    > Using FF 2.0.0.14 under Vista SP1 HP on a HP DV9500. Mail client
    > is Vista's WindowsMail. I also have two other mail client programs
    > installed that I don't use. "Mail to:" links or email addresses in
    > all other programs opens the WindowsMail as usual. Anyone have any
    > suggestions on how to get it back working or the cause of the
    > malfunction?

    In the Location bar type/copy about:config and press Enter.
    In the Filter box type/copy network.protocol-handler.external.mailto

    If the Value for that preference is not set to the default of "true"
    either double-click to toggle or right-click and select Reset from the
    context menu.

    Perhaps your problem is related to the Google toolbar being installed
    and later uninstalled? See the first item for Google Toolbar here:

    --
    Rom

+ Reply to Thread