Theme requires additional items? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Theme requires additional items? - Mozilla ; I've tried looking on Mozilla support, but I'm not finding anything. I downloaded the Liquifox theme for FF & it says it needs additional items. I've never had a theme do this before, any idea what it needs? All the ...

  1. Theme requires additional items?

    I've tried looking on Mozilla support, but I'm not finding anything. I
    downloaded the Liquifox theme for FF & it says it needs additional
    items. I've never had a theme do this before, any idea what it needs?
    All the other theme's seem to be fine & it's supposed to work in FF 2*.
    I'm using FF 2.0.0.14.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Theme requires additional items?

    On 10.05.2008 17:48, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused desertgal to
    generate the following:? :
    > I've tried looking on Mozilla support, but I'm not finding anything. I
    > downloaded the Liquifox theme for FF & it says it needs additional
    > items. I've never had a theme do this before, any idea what it needs?
    > All the other theme's seem to be fine & it's supposed to work in FF 2*.
    > I'm using FF 2.0.0.14.
    >
    > Thanks

    I think all (or 99%) themes and extensions have either an Author
    Homepage or a forum (or both). If your Liquifox theme has a Homepage,
    it would be best to go there and contact the author direct!

    reg

  3. Re: Theme requires additional items?

    desertgal keyboarded, On 5/10/2008 11:48 AM :
    > I've tried looking on Mozilla support, but I'm not finding anything.
    > I downloaded the Liquifox theme for FF & it says it needs additional
    > items. I've never had a theme do this before, any idea what it
    > needs? All the other theme's seem to be fine & it's supposed to work
    > in FF 2*. I'm using FF 2.0.0.14.
    >
    > Thanks

    I installed the theme and can say it did not need any added items with
    Fx 2.0.0.14 on Vista Home.
    Uninstall the theme. You have a problem on Your system and that theme
    triggered something. Do a full AV and malware scan. then get a fresh
    install from AddonMozillaOrg aka AMO. Hate to say it, but this sounds
    like you have been hijacked in some way.

    --
    Ron K.

  4. Re: Theme requires additional items?

    Ron K. wrote:
    > desertgal keyboarded, On 5/10/2008 11:48 AM :
    >> I've tried looking on Mozilla support, but I'm not finding anything.
    >> I downloaded the Liquifox theme for FF & it says it needs additional
    >> items. I've never had a theme do this before, any idea what it
    >> needs? All the other theme's seem to be fine & it's supposed to work
    >> in FF 2*. I'm using FF 2.0.0.14.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > I installed the theme and can say it did not need any added items with
    > Fx 2.0.0.14 on Vista Home.
    > Uninstall the theme. You have a problem on Your system and that theme
    > triggered something. Do a full AV and malware scan. then get a fresh
    > install from AddonMozillaOrg aka AMO. Hate to say it, but this sounds
    > like you have been hijacked in some way.

    Don't think it's a virus or mailware as I just got the computer back
    yesterday with a brand new hard drive. I've uninstalled & reinstalled &
    re-downloaded several times. Oh well, guess I'll just uninstall it &
    give up.

+ Reply to Thread