this NG lost all - Mozilla

This is a discussion on this NG lost all - Mozilla ; Suddenly when I opened TB this evening, this NG will not open a thread and msgs previously open & tagged as important are not so marked. Other NG's are OK. What could cause this? Miles...

  1. this NG lost all

    Suddenly when I opened TB this evening, this NG will not open a thread
    and msgs previously open & tagged as important are not so marked. Other
    NG's are OK. What could cause this?
    Miles

  2. Re: this NG lost all

    Miles schreef:
    > Suddenly when I opened TB this evening, this NG will not open a thread
    > and msgs previously open & tagged as important are not so marked. Other
    > NG's are OK. What could cause this?
    > Miles

    A hiccup? What about a restart, does that help?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

    (MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

  3. Re: this NG lost all

    * Melchert wrote, On 5/10/2008 03:16:
    > Miles schreef:
    >> Suddenly when I opened TB this evening, this NG will not open a thread
    >> and msgs previously open & tagged as important are not so marked.
    >> Other NG's are OK. What could cause this?
    >> Miles

    > A hiccup? What about a restart, does that help?

    Not even a reboot! But this morning all is OK and even the tags have
    returned. Don't know if it was my computer with the hiccups or the NG
    server -- since this was the only NG doing this, perhaps it was the
    server -- however the tags are on my computer, not the server.
    Miles

  4. Re: this NG lost all

    On 10-05-2008 17:06 CET, Miles composed this enchanting statement:
    > * Melchert wrote, On 5/10/2008 03:16:
    >> Miles schreef:
    >>> Suddenly when I opened TB this evening, this NG will not open a
    >>> thread and msgs previously open & tagged as important are not so
    >>> marked. Other NG's are OK. What could cause this?
    >>>

    >> A hiccup? What about a restart, does that help?
    >>

    > Not even a reboot! But this morning all is OK and even the tags have
    > returned. Don't know if it was my computer with the hiccups or the NG
    > server -- since this was the only NG doing this, perhaps it was the
    > server -- however the tags are on my computer, not the server.

    Well, it happened to me a while ago. I could not find the cause of the
    hiccup. You're right, the tags are yours.
    I believe they are stored in the .msf file, the messages' index.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  5. Re: this NG lost all

    On 5/10/2008 3:21 PM Melchert Fruitema plucked Senior Frog's Magic
    Twanger and said:
    > On 10-05-2008 17:06 CET, Miles composed this enchanting statement:
    >> * Melchert wrote, On 5/10/2008 03:16:
    >>>>
    >>> A hiccup? What about a restart, does that help?
    >>>

    >> Not even a reboot! But this morning all is OK and even the tags have
    >> returned. Don't know if it was my computer with the hiccups or the NG
    >> server -- since this was the only NG doing this, perhaps it was the
    >> server -- however the tags are on my computer, not the server.
    >>

    > Well, it happened to me a while ago. I could not find the cause of the
    > hiccup. You're right, the tags are yours.
    > I believe they are stored in the .msf file, the messages' index.

    Could have been the News Server. If there was a problem all the
    newsreader files may not have been processed. If the next day the
    newsgroup was still non-responsive, I would have tried deleting the
    mozilla.support.firefox.msf file. You'd have to do your tags all over
    again, mark some articles read again, but it usually will jump start a
    stalled newsgroup.

    --
    ________
    Brian M. Kochera