No streaming audio - Mozilla

This is a discussion on No streaming audio - Mozilla ; Darndest thing. I don't get any sound when I try to stream something, either audio or video. This happens with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. On the other hand, I get sound when playing anything on my hard drive, and ...

  1. No streaming audio

    Darndest thing. I don't get any sound when I try to stream something,
    either audio or video. This happens with both Firefox and Internet
    Explorer. On the other hand, I get sound when playing anything on my
    hard drive, and I get all system sounds. I've tried diagnosing the
    connection -- it's fine -- and everything looks like it should. Any ideas?

  2. Re: No streaming audio

    On Fri, 09 May 2008 09:34:49 -0400, Ernie Lane wrote:

    > Darndest thing. I don't get any sound when I try to stream something,
    > either audio or video. This happens with both Firefox and Internet
    > Explorer. On the other hand, I get sound when playing anything on my
    > hard drive, and I get all system sounds. I've tried diagnosing the
    > connection -- it's fine -- and everything looks like it should. Any ideas?

    Do you have a link?

    If it's Flash have a look at and try these:

    Or try searching for sound or audio on the Flash Player forum:

    --
    Rom

  3. Re: No streaming audio

    Rom wrote:
    > On Fri, 09 May 2008 09:34:49 -0400, Ernie Lane wrote:
    >
    >> Darndest thing. I don't get any sound when I try to stream something,
    >> either audio or video. This happens with both Firefox and Internet
    >> Explorer. On the other hand, I get sound when playing anything on my
    >> hard drive, and I get all system sounds. I've tried diagnosing the
    >> connection -- it's fine -- and everything looks like it should. Any ideas?

    > Do you have a link?

    I've tried it twice:

    - Listening live to a local radio station: http://www.1040wwba.com/,
    'Listen Live' button at top; and

    - Trying to view the latest episode of CSI:
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi/vid...play=true&cc=0.

    I know both sites are OK, because they played just fine on another
    computer in the network.

  4. Re: No streaming audio

    On Fri, 09 May 2008 13:23:39 -0400, Ernie Lane wrote:

    > Rom wrote:
    >> On Fri, 09 May 2008 09:34:49 -0400, Ernie Lane wrote:
    >>
    >>> Darndest thing. I don't get any sound when I try to stream something,
    >>> either audio or video. This happens with both Firefox and Internet
    >>> Explorer. On the other hand, I get sound when playing anything on my
    >>> hard drive, and I get all system sounds. I've tried diagnosing the
    >>> connection -- it's fine -- and everything looks like it should. Any ideas?

    >> Do you have a link?

    > I've tried it twice:
    >
    > - Listening live to a local radio station: http://www.1040wwba.com/,
    > 'Listen Live' button at top; and

    I hear it fine in Firefox, WMP11 plus plugin, on Vista.

    > - Trying to view the latest episode of CSI:
    > http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi/vid...play=true&cc=0.

    It's Flash and I hear the message "This content is currently
    unavailable", but tried something else and the sound is fine.

    > I know both sites are OK, because they played just fine on another
    > computer in the network.

    Try the solutions in the Adobe Knowledge base article for no sound in
    Flash Player on Windows as you have the problem with Firefox and IE.
    A shorter link than posted before:

    Also check any security type software you may have installed or hosts
    file, but it sounds like a flash and/or system problem.

    Further info:

    WMP test:
    Flash test:
    (both have some audio and video)

    Flash Uninstaller and Flash Downloads for Fx and IE browsers:

    --
    Rom

+ Reply to Thread