pdf fail to download periodically. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on pdf fail to download periodically. - Mozilla ; Sometimes I have a pdf that I just can't download from FF. But if I close my FF and reopen it all works fine. A simple refesh fails to help. I notice this happens if I don't have Adobe Acrobat ...

  1. pdf fail to download periodically.

    Sometimes I have a pdf that I just can't download from FF. But if I close
    my FF and reopen it all works fine. A simple refesh fails to help. I notice
    this happens if I don't have Adobe Acrobat preopened.

    The links are of the form:

    https://xxxxxx.hosts.atlas-sys.com/i...ZM/illiad.dll?
    SessionID=X14344345390F&Action=10&Form=75&Value=1047105

    So I guess they are trying to pull something. This is not a repeatable
    error just happens once every 10 or 15 downloads. Any sugesstions?

    --
    Rahul

  2. Re: pdf fail to download periodically.

    Rahul wrote:
    > Sometimes I have a pdf that I just can't download from FF. But if I close
    > my FF and reopen it all works fine. A simple refesh fails to help. I notice
    > this happens if I don't have Adobe Acrobat preopened.
    >
    > The links are of the form:
    >
    > https://xxxxxx.hosts.atlas-sys.com/i...ZM/illiad.dll?
    > SessionID=X14344345390F&Action=10&Form=75&Value=1047105
    >
    > So I guess they are trying to pull something. This is not a repeatable
    > error just happens once every 10 or 15 downloads. Any sugesstions?

    Unrepeatable problems are nearly impossible to solve. It could be a
    problem with the network, with the server or even a malfunction in your
    physical memory or a bug in Firefox or operating system.

    So far I've seen one other person reporting problems. He also had
    problems with pdf downloading from https addresses.

    If possible try to figure out how to make it repeatable problem by
    figuring out what is commong with all the failurese, what the succesfull
    downloads are missing.

    --
    Solutions for issues with Firefox:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29