Forecastfox|10n problems - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Forecastfox|10n problems - Mozilla ; Is anyone having trouble with this add-on? I won't automatically update although fine if I do it manually. -- Jim S Tyneside UK www.jimscott.co.uk...

  1. Forecastfox|10n problems

    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

  2. Re: Forecastfox|10n problems

    Jim S wrote:
    > Is anyone having trouble with this add-on?
    > I won't automatically update although fine if I do it manually.

    Yes, Jim. Mine is exhibiting the same problems. Sometimes, none of the
    data updates, other times it is just the current data. As with you a
    manual refresh fixes the problem. I haven't had a chance to investigate
    further.
    Brian

  3. Re: Forecastfox|10n problems

    On Thu, 08 May 2008 11:09:04 +0100, Brian wrote:

    > Jim S wrote:
    >> Is anyone having trouble with this add-on?
    >> I won't automatically update although fine if I do it manually.
    >>

    > Yes, Jim. Mine is exhibiting the same problems. Sometimes, none of the
    > data updates, other times it is just the current data. As with you a
    > manual refresh fixes the problem. I haven't had a chance to investigate
    > further.
    > Brian

    Is it making your pages move around as described in my other thread?
    I disabled it and that problem has gone away (for now).
    I have emailed the designer, but he has a disposable address so .. who
    know?
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

  4. Re: Forecastfox|10n problems

    On Thu, 08 May 2008 11:09:04 +0100, Brian wrote:

    > Jim S wrote:
    >> Is anyone having trouble with this add-on?
    >> I won't automatically update although fine if I do it manually.
    >>

    > Yes, Jim. Mine is exhibiting the same problems. Sometimes, none of the
    > data updates, other times it is just the current data. As with you a
    > manual refresh fixes the problem. I haven't had a chance to investigate
    > further.
    > Brian

    I had a reply from the author, a écrit:
    "Hi,
    This problem is known and will be fixed soon.
    Regards,
    Thomas Bertels "
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

  5. Re: Forecastfox|10n problems

    Jim S wrote:
    > On Thu, 08 May 2008 11:09:04 +0100, Brian wrote:
    >

    >> Jim S wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is anyone having trouble with this add-on?
    >>> I won't automatically update although fine if I do it manually.
    >>>

    >> Yes, Jim. Mine is exhibiting the same problems. Sometimes, none of the
    >> data updates, other times it is just the current data. As with you a
    >> manual refresh fixes the problem. I haven't had a chance to investigate
    >> further.
    >> Brian
    >>

    > I had a reply from the author, a écrit:
    > "Hi,
    > This problem is known and will be fixed soon.
    > Regards,
    > Thomas Bertels "

    The update has been released. I installed it about 1 hour ago and so far
    the extension is working OK.
    Brian

  6. Re: Forecastfox|10n problems

    > The update has been released. I installed it about 1 hour ago and so far
    > the extension is working OK.
    > Brian

    Thanks.
    Seems OK now

    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

  7. Re: Forecastfox|10n problems

    On Fri, 9 May 2008 00:45:44 +0100, Jim S wrote:

    >> The update has been released. I installed it about 1 hour ago and so far
    >> the extension is working OK.
    >> Brian

    > Thanks.
    > Seems OK now

    Having thought it was ok, the 'twitching' described in the other thread is
    back and some pages eg http://news.bbc.co.uk/ display with a 20mm blank
    strip down the left of the screen.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

  8. Re: Forecastfox|10n problems

    On 09.05.2008 11:05, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jim S to
    generate the following:? :
    > On Fri, 9 May 2008 00:45:44 +0100, Jim S wrote:
    >

    >>> The update has been released. I installed it about 1 hour ago and so far
    >>> the extension is working OK.
    >>> Brian
    >>>

    >> Thanks.
    >> Seems OK now
    >>

    > Having thought it was ok, the 'twitching' described in the other thread is
    > back and some pages eg http://news.bbc.co.uk/ display with a 20mm blank
    > strip down the left of the screen.

    hey, Jim.... a *20 mm* strip?? that's over ¾ of an inch... :-P

    did you try this site, to see if any extension is screwing your setup?
    look here:
    http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Gray+b...the+status+bar
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...light=gray+bar .

    dunno if it also applies to grey bars on the side?? maybe!

    reg

  9. Re: Forecastfox|10n problems

    On Fri, 09 May 2008 11:17:46 +0200, squaredancer wrote:

    > On 09.05.2008 11:05, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jim S to
    > generate the following:? :

    >>> Thanks.
    >>> Seems OK now
    >>>

    >> Having thought it was ok, the 'twitching' described in the other thread is
    >> back and some pages eg http://news.bbc.co.uk/ display with a 20mm blank
    >> strip down the left of the screen.
    >>

    > hey, Jim.... a *20 mm* strip?? that's over ¾ of an inch... :-P
    >
    > did you try this site, to see if any extension is screwing your setup?
    > look here:
    > http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Gray+b...the+status+bar
    > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...light=gray+bar .
    >
    > dunno if it also applies to grey bars on the side?? maybe!
    >
    > reg

    Nah. I had that all the time when I tried Seamonkey and used the wrong
    add-ons.
    This is not a bar as such, the whole page is displaced 20mm (¾ inch!) to
    the right. It seems to be due to the Forecastfox |10n add-on, but why it
    should suddenly appear is a mystery.
    Anyhoo its gone again, because I put the other Forecastfox back (

    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

+ Reply to Thread