Any keyboard shortcut for opening a url in new tab - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Any keyboard shortcut for opening a url in new tab - Mozilla ; when I am typing a new url, my hands are of course on my keyboard. If I need to open it in new tab, I need to access my mouse and click on the button. that is irritating and it ...

  1. Any keyboard shortcut for opening a url in new tab

    when I am typing a new url, my hands are of course on my keyboard.

    If I need to open it in new tab, I need to access my mouse and click on
    the button. that is irritating and it would help if there is a shortcut
    key to open the newly entered url in a new tab.

    is there?
    thanks.

  2. Re: Any keyboard shortcut for opening a url in new tab

    On 5/7/08 11:30 AM, _V S Rawat_ spoke thusly:
    > when I am typing a new url, my hands are of course on my keyboard.
    >
    > If I need to open it in new tab, I need to access my mouse and click on
    > the button. that is irritating and it would help if there is a shortcut
    > key to open the newly entered url in a new tab.

    [Alt]+[Enter]

    --
    Chris Ilias

  3. Re: Any keyboard shortcut for opening a url in new tab

    On 5/7/2008 9:16 PM India Time, _Chris Ilias_ wrote:

    > On 5/7/08 11:30 AM, _V S Rawat_ spoke thusly:
    >> when I am typing a new url, my hands are of course on my keyboard.
    >>
    >> If I need to open it in new tab, I need to access my mouse and click on
    >> the button. that is irritating and it would help if there is a shortcut
    >> key to open the newly entered url in a new tab.

    > [Alt]+[Enter]

    wow. That does it. so convenient. Thanks Chris.

  4. Re: Any keyboard shortcut for opening a url in new tab

    V S Rawat wrote:
    > when I am typing a new url, my hands are of course on my keyboard.
    >
    > If I need to open it in new tab, I need to access my mouse and click on
    > the button. that is irritating and it would help if there is a shortcut
    > key to open the newly entered url in a new tab.
    >
    > is there?
    > thanks.

    alt+enter
    or
    ctrl+t for a new tab 1st

  5. Re: Any keyboard shortcut for opening a url in new tab

    * Redhat71 wrote, On 5/7/2008 11:39:
    > V S Rawat wrote:
    >> when I am typing a new url, my hands are of course on my keyboard.
    >>
    >> If I need to open it in new tab, I need to access my mouse and click
    >> on the button. that is irritating and it would help if there is a
    >> shortcut key to open the newly entered url in a new tab.
    >>
    >> is there?
    >> thanks.

    > alt+enter
    > or
    > ctrl+t for a new tab 1st

    Alt/enter doesn't work for me in FF 2.0.0.14 - and I've always used
    cntrl/T as you have pointed out.
    Miles

  6. Re: Any keyboard shortcut for opening a url in new tab

    Miles wrote:
    > * Redhat71 wrote, On 5/7/2008 11:39:
    >> V S Rawat wrote:
    >>> when I am typing a new url, my hands are of course on my keyboard.
    >>>
    >>> If I need to open it in new tab, I need to access my mouse and click
    >>> on the button. that is irritating and it would help if there is a
    >>> shortcut key to open the newly entered url in a new tab.
    >>>
    >>> is there?
    >>> thanks.

    >> alt+enter
    >> or
    >> ctrl+t for a new tab 1st

    > Alt/enter doesn't work for me in FF 2.0.0.14 - and I've always used
    > cntrl/T as you have pointed out.
    > Miles

    tested in a new profile? sometimes extensions introduce problems

    alt+enter has always been working for me

+ Reply to Thread