Cut and Paste - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Cut and Paste - Mozilla ; I recently ran into a little problem that I can't put my finger on. Running a Joomla! text editor, it says that I can't cut and paste with FireFox. I searched the web and found out that I have to ...

  1. Cut and Paste

    I recently ran into a little problem that I can't put my finger on.
    Running a Joomla! text editor, it says that I can't cut and paste with
    FireFox. I searched the web and found out that I have to install a .js
    profile file to solve the problem. But in fact it doesn't solve anything at
    all... Someone had the same problem and fixed that one? Thanks

    --
    floor

  2. Re: Cut and Paste

    On 06/05/08 14:16, Floor wrote:
    > I recently ran into a little problem that I can't put my finger on.
    > Running a Joomla! text editor, it says that I can't cut and paste with
    > FireFox. I searched the web and found out that I have to install a .js
    > profile file to solve the problem. But in fact it doesn't solve anything at
    > all... Someone had the same problem and fixed that one? Thanks
    >
    > --
    > floor

    I can copy from Firefox with no problem, and with no necessary add-on;
    also cut and paste (from and to) but of course only in "modifiable"
    areas like the URL bar or a webpage input box.

    To copy or cut: first select the text (e.g. by moving the mouse over it
    while holding the mouse button down) then hit Ctrl+C (copy) or Ctrl+X
    (cut). To paste, place the insert cursor where you want it then hit Ctrl-V

    I don't know how Joomla works, or if it can interact with the clipboard,
    but I've used the gvim text editor many times to paste text copied from
    Firefox or to copy text to be pasted into Firefox. No specific Firefox
    addon necessary. There are (g)vim-specific commands for interacting with
    the clipboard, but once you know them there's no problem.

    I've also often cut and pasted text in all possible directions
    (including from one application to itself) between Firefox, Thunderbird
    and SeaMonkey, again with no problem and no specific addon.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    Slang is language that takes off its coat, spits on its hands, and goes
    to work.

+ Reply to Thread