can't find bookmarks or profile folder; Mac 10.5.2; Firefox 2.0.0.14 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on can't find bookmarks or profile folder; Mac 10.5.2; Firefox 2.0.0.14 - Mozilla ; I would like to backup my Firefox 2.0.0.24 bookmarks file on my Mac 10.5.2. The path ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/ does not exits on my Mac. It only goes as far as ~/Library/Application Support. I do have a Mozilla folder at this ...

  1. can't find bookmarks or profile folder; Mac 10.5.2; Firefox 2.0.0.14

    I would like to backup my Firefox 2.0.0.24 bookmarks file on my Mac
    10.5.2. The path ~/Library/Application
    Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/ does not exits on my Mac. It
    only goes as far as ~/Library/Application Support. I do have a Mozilla
    folder at this location but it only contains the file pkcs11.shlb. Can
    someone direct me to my bookmark file or profile folder? Thank you.

    Be a better friend, newshound, and
    know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i...Dypao8Wcj9tAcJ

  2. Re: can't find bookmarks or profile folder; Mac 10.5.2; Firefox 2.0.0.14

    On 06-05-2008 05:35 CET, Tim Schoolcraft composed this enchanting
    statement:
    > I would like to backup my Firefox 2.0.0.24 bookmarks file on my Mac
    > 10.5.2. The path ~/Library/Application
    > Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/ does not exits on my Mac. It
    > only goes as far as ~/Library/Application Support. I do have a Mozilla
    > folder at this location but it only contains the file pkcs11.shlb. Can
    > someone direct me to my bookmark file or profile folder? Thank you.

    You may have created the current profile and stored it at a different place.

    You should have 'profiles.ini' on user/Library/Application
    Support/Firefox. It contains pointers to the profiles that have been
    created and also it has an indication which profile is used in the last
    session.

    You can start Firefox' profile manager with option -profilemanager or
    -proflle profilename to select one.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert