.SWF files not loading in FF 2.0.0.14 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on .SWF files not loading in FF 2.0.0.14 - Mozilla ; I have an issue on my vista ultimate machine where most sites that display ..swf files won't load at all in FF. If i open the same page in FF on another one of my machines it's fine and if ...

  1. .SWF files not loading in FF 2.0.0.14

    I have an issue on my vista ultimate machine where most sites that display
    ..swf files won't load at all in FF. If i open the same page in FF on another
    one of my machines it's fine and if I open the same pages in IE on my vista
    machine its fine.

    I have reinstalled adobe flash 9.0.124 r47 a few times and no luck. I even
    tried installing an older version of flash and no luck.

    Any ideas what i should try next?
    Thanks

  2. Re: .SWF files not loading in FF 2.0.0.14

    Hi Jake,

    May be this sites were developed with non-free technologies.

    See more here:
    http://www.osnews.com/story/19699/Mo...erlight_Agenda

    Cheers,
    Roberto Rigolin

    On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:18 PM, jake wrote:
    > I have an issue on my vista ultimate machine where most sites that display
    > .swf files won't load at all in FF. If i open the same page in FF on another
    > one of my machines it's fine and if I open the same pages in IE on my vista
    > machine its fine.
    >
    > I have reinstalled adobe flash 9.0.124 r47 a few times and no luck. I even
    > tried installing an older version of flash and no luck.
    >
    > Any ideas what i should try next?
    > Thanks

  3. Re: .SWF files not loading in FF 2.0.0.14

    If that were true would I be able to view it on other computers like I can?
    > May be this sites were developed with non-free technologies.
    >
    > See more here:
    > http://www.osnews.com/story/19699/Mo...erlight_Agenda
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Roberto Rigolin
    >
    > On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:18 PM, jake wrote:
    >> I have an issue on my vista ultimate machine where most sites that
    >> display
    >> .swf files won't load at all in FF. If i open the same page in FF on
    >> another
    >> one of my machines it's fine and if I open the same pages in IE on my
    >> vista
    >> machine its fine.
    >>
    >> I have reinstalled adobe flash 9.0.124 r47 a few times and no luck. I
    >> even
    >> tried installing an older version of flash and no luck.
    >>
    >> Any ideas what i should try next?
    >> Thanks

  4. Re: .SWF files not loading in FF 2.0.0.14

    On Fri, 2 May 2008 19:18:11 -0500, in message ,
    jake wrote:

    > I have an issue on my vista ultimate machine where most sites that display
    > .swf files won't load at all in FF. If i open the same page in FF on another
    > one of my machines it's fine and if I open the same pages in IE on my vista
    > machine its fine.
    >
    > I have reinstalled adobe flash 9.0.124 r47 a few times and no luck. I even
    > tried installing an older version of flash and no luck.
    >
    > Any ideas what i should try next?

    Check if the flash plug-in is installed _in_ _Firefox_. Enter

    aboutlugins

    in the URL bar, and look to see if the list of plug-ins
    which appears includes flash.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph