Weird encodings - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Weird encodings - Mozilla ; I've attempting to post this a few times and each time it failed to appear. Don't know why. Sorry for any dups.... I am seeing more and more of what appear to be odd character encodings. When I switch to ...

  1. Weird encodings

    I've attempting to post this a few times and each time it failed to
    appear. Don't know why. Sorry for any dups....

    I am seeing more and more of what appear to be odd character encodings.
    When I switch to Chinese or Russian or whatever they still look odd.
    What are they? Here's what they look like in FF:

    (Image deleted)

    Let's see if this will post without the image. Oh the image. Try
    http://defaria.com/Images/tmp/Image1.jpg
    --
    Andrew DeFaria
    If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

  2. Re: Weird encodings

    On 02/05/08 17:47, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    > I've attempting to post this a few times and each time it failed to
    > appear. Don't know why. Sorry for any dups....
    >
    > I am seeing more and more of what appear to be odd character encodings.
    > When I switch to Chinese or Russian or whatever they still look odd.
    > What are they? Here's what they look like in FF:
    >
    > (Image deleted)
    >
    > Let's see if this will post without the image. Oh the image. Try
    > http://defaria.com/Images/tmp/Image1.jpg
    > --
    > Andrew DeFaria
    > If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

    For each of these languages, several encodings are possible, which
    represent the same text using different bytes; so you might try to
    fiddle with "View -> Character Encoding" if it doesn't display right.
    Unicode (typically UTF-8) can also represent the characters of "any"
    language so don't forget to try that too.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.
    You are not allowed to walk across a street on your hands.

  3. Re: Weird encodings

    Andrew DeFaria wrote:

    > I am seeing more and more of what appear to be odd character
    > encodings. When I switch to Chinese or Russian or whatever they still
    > look odd. What are they? Here's what they look like in FF:

    > http://defaria.com/Images/tmp/Image1.jpg

    I only looked up the first two, but I guess the rest are also Han
    characters, in unicode.

+ Reply to Thread