What's wrong with this simple page? Makes me feel dumb. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on What's wrong with this simple page? Makes me feel dumb. - Mozilla ; This works in Internet Explorer 7. Not in Firefox. The image links to another html file with a larger image. I am trying to "drill down" through pages to see next larger image. http://www.rnc3.com/arianna_estes/20..._from_door.htm...

  1. What's wrong with this simple page? Makes me feel dumb.

    This works in Internet Explorer 7.
    Not in Firefox.

    The image links to another html file with a larger image.

    I am trying to "drill down" through pages to see next larger image.

    http://www.rnc3.com/arianna_estes/20..._from_door.htm

  2. Re: What's wrong with this simple page? Makes me feel dumb.

    On 02/05/2008 13:46, lurker wrote:
    > This works in Internet Explorer 7.
    > Not in Firefox.
    >
    > The image links to another html file with a larger image.
    >
    > I am trying to "drill down" through pages to see next larger image.
    >
    > http://www.rnc3.com/arianna_estes/20..._from_door.htm

    This following line links to a page on your computer, not on the website.
    href="file://KING-DADDY/RNC3.COM/arianna_estes/2008/my_room/room_from_door-zoom1.htm">
    Note the "file" part.

    --
    wtwjgc (Joe)

  3. Re: What's wrong with this simple page? Makes me feel dumb.

    On 02.05.2008 14:56, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused wtwjgc to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 02/05/2008 13:46, lurker wrote:
    >
    >> This works in Internet Explorer 7.
    >> Not in Firefox.
    >>
    >> The image links to another html file with a larger image.
    >>
    >> I am trying to "drill down" through pages to see next larger image.
    >>
    >> http://www.rnc3.com/arianna_estes/20..._from_door.htm
    >>

    > This following line links to a page on your computer, not on the website.
    > > href="file://KING-DADDY/RNC3.COM/arianna_estes/2008/my_room/room_from_door-zoom1.htm">
    > Note the "file" part.

    one HTML quasi-error:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht..._from_door.htm
    CSS validated OK -
    you should go on to code some Moz products... they sure need guys who
    don't make mistakes!

    reg

  4. Re: What's wrong with this simple page? Makes me feel dumb.

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 02.05.2008 14:56, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused wtwjgc to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> On 02/05/2008 13:46, lurker wrote:
    >>
    >>> This works in Internet Explorer 7.
    >>> Not in Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> The image links to another html file with a larger image.
    >>>
    >>> I am trying to "drill down" through pages to see next larger image.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.rnc3.com/arianna_estes/20..._from_door.htm
    >>>

    >> This following line links to a page on your computer, not on the website.
    >>
    >> Note the "file" part.
    >>

    > one HTML quasi-error:
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht..._from_door.htm
    >
    > CSS validated OK -
    > you should go on to code some Moz products... they sure need guys who
    > don't make mistakes!
    >
    > reg

    Thanks for that!
    Amazing...
    I did not "code" it.
    It is a product of the newest Microsoft product...

    Expression Web.

    I removed the BOM,
    but the link on the images still does not work.
    It now validates error free.

    Carl

    Carl

  5. Re: What's wrong with this simple page? Makes me feel dumb.

    On 02.05.2008 20:04, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused clackey to
    generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >
    >> On 02.05.2008 14:56, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused wtwjgc to
    >> generate the following:? :

    >>> This following line links to a page on your computer, not on the website.
    >>>
    >>> Note the "file" part.
    >>>

    >> one HTML quasi-error:
    >> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht..._from_door.htm
    >>
    >> CSS validated OK -
    >> you should go on to code some Moz products... they sure need guys who
    >> don't make mistakes!
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    > Thanks for that!
    > Amazing...
    > I did not "code" it.
    > It is a product of the newest Microsoft product...
    >
    > Expression Web.
    >
    > I removed the BOM,
    > but the link on the images still does not work.
    > It now validates error free.
    >
    > Carl
    >

    > Carl

    take a look at the href that wtwjge mentions. You may like to take it
    to the MTMM (mozilla.test.Multimedia) ng - lots of great gals 'n' guys
    hang out there, who are rather expert in sorting this kind of problem!

    reg

  6. Re: What's wrong with this simple page? Makes me feel dumb.

    squaredancer wrote:
    > You may like to take it
    > to the MTMM (mozilla.test.Multimedia) ng - lots of great gals 'n' guys
    > hang out there, who are rather expert in sorting this kind of problem!

    but just remember one thing: posting to that group, may get
    you banned from that group.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  7. Re: What's wrong with this simple page? Makes me feel dumb.

    clackey wrote:
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >> On 02.05.2008 14:56, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused wtwjgc to
    >> generate the following:? :

    >>> This following line links to a page on your computer, not on the website.
    >>>
    >>> Note the "file" part.
    >>>

    >> one HTML quasi-error:
    >> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht..._from_door.htm
    >>
    >> CSS validated OK -
    >> you should go on to code some Moz products... they sure need guys who
    >> don't make mistakes!
    >>
    >> reg

    > Thanks for that!
    > Amazing...
    > I did not "code" it.
    > It is a product of the newest Microsoft product...

    Well, there you go. Stay away from MS-stuff-generated markup.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

+ Reply to Thread