Printer icon on toolbar - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Printer icon on toolbar - Mozilla ; I finally upgraded to 2.0.0.14 and lost the print shortcut that I had placed on the toolbar. How do I do that in FF 2 ?...

  1. Printer icon on toolbar

    I finally upgraded to 2.0.0.14 and lost the print shortcut that I had placed
    on the toolbar.

    How do I do that in FF 2 ?

  2. Re: Printer icon on toolbar

    Me too. I put it there several times and it disappeared when I next opened FF. Now I can't find the icon anywhere. Not on bar, not in Customize folder. Just gone. I thought I was hallucinating. I can still print by using the short cut or going to FILE>PRINT menu item. But I miss my icon! I want it back! Any Ideas?

    The Gspace and FTP icons keep going away too, but at least when they disappear from the toolbar, they show back up in the Customize folder. I think they are homesick.
    Bob, Still Old, Still Grey, And Still A Woolf

    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly inconvenienced. And a party was thrown for them afterwards for being really cool about it.

    Bob's Space - Home Page of the Olde Greywoolf

    "Stumpy" wrote in message news:0aadndXVQ8NjHYfVnZ2dnUVZ_sCtnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    I finally upgraded to 2.0.0.14 and lost the print shortcut that I had placed
    on the toolbar.

    How do I do that in FF 2 ?

  3. Re: Printer icon on toolbar

    * Stumpy wrote, On 5/1/2008 19:48:
    > I finally upgraded to 2.0.0.14 and lost the print shortcut that I had placed
    > on the toolbar.
    >
    > How do I do that in FF 2 ?

    Don't know what to say, for I am a keyboard artist. Simply hit
    control/P and open your printer screen.

  4. Re: Printer icon on toolbar

    Never mind. It just took a right-click on the toolbar, and then Customize.

    > Me too. I put it there several times and it disappeared when I next
    > opened FF. Now I can't find the icon > anywhere. Not on bar, not in
    > Customize folder. Just gone. I thought I was hallucinating. I can still
    > print > by using the short cut or going to FILE>PRINT menu item. But I
    > miss my icon! I want it back! Any
    > Ideas?

    > The Gspace and FTP icons keep going away too, but at least when they
    > disappear from the toolbar, they > show back up in the Customize folder.
    > I think they are homesick.
    > Bob, Still Old, Still Grey, And Still A Woolf

  5. Re: Printer icon on toolbar

    Yes, I know that but I am a mouse man myself. In my situation, using voice or mouse commands is easier. My old arthritic hands don't type all that well any more. Used to type pretty well, but now I'm down tot the Columbus method - find a key and land on it. But for spell check, you'd see just how bad at typing I really am. Yes, I have Dragon Naturally Speaking.

    "Miles" wrote in message news:toCdnbr1Y5DOOYfVnZ2dnUVZ_gOdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    * Stumpy wrote, On 5/1/2008 19:48:
    > I finally upgraded to 2.0.0.14 and lost the print shortcut that I had placed
    > on the toolbar.
    >
    > How do I do that in FF 2 ?

    Don't know what to say, for I am a keyboard artist. Simply hit
    control/P and open your printer screen.

  6. Re: Printer icon on toolbar

    I did that. But it went away again. Put it back. Went away again. Last time I went to put it back, he had disappeared from Customize as well as the toolbar. Keep checking to see if the same doesn't happen to you also. Are you running under Vista SP1? I am.

    Open and close FF a couple of time to see if the icon placement is stable. Good luck.

    "Stumpy" wrote in message news:EJudnXo3nss3OIfVnZ2dnUVZ_rignZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    Never mind. It just took a right-click on the toolbar, and then Customize.

    > Me too. I put it there several times and it disappeared when I next
    > opened FF. Now I can't find the icon > anywhere. Not on bar, not in
    > Customize folder. Just gone. I thought I was hallucinating. I can still
    > print > by using the short cut or going to FILE>PRINT menu item. But I
    > miss my icon! I want it back! Any
    > Ideas?

    > The Gspace and FTP icons keep going away too, but at least when they
    > disappear from the toolbar, they > show back up in the Customize folder.
    > I think they are homesick.
    > Bob, Still Old, Still Grey, And Still A Woolf

  7. Re: Printer icon on toolbar

    On Fri, 2 May 2008 00:18:42 -0400, Bob wrote:

    > Me too. I put it there several times and it disappeared when I next
    > opened FF. Now I can't find the icon anywhere. Not on bar, not in
    > Customize folder. Just gone. I thought I was hallucinating. I
    > can still print by using the short cut or going to FILE>PRINT menu
    > item. But I miss my icon! I want it back! Any Ideas?
    >
    > The Gspace and FTP icons keep going away too, but at least when
    > they disappear from the toolbar, they show back up in the Customize
    > folder.

    See if this page helps:

    --
    Rom

  8. Re: Printer icon on toolbar

    Rom,

    Magic Man! Once again, you are two for two. That fixed it right up. I have my precious icon back. Thank you!

    "Rom" <-@-.invalid> wrote in message news:1l22ree7b3p0c.1ndrwfiyxxgq1$.dlg@40tude.net.. .
    On Fri, 2 May 2008 00:18:42 -0400, Bob wrote:

    > Me too. I put it there several times and it disappeared when I next
    > opened FF. Now I can't find the icon anywhere. Not on bar, not in
    > Customize folder. Just gone. I thought I was hallucinating. I
    > can still print by using the short cut or going to FILE>PRINT menu
    > item. But I miss my icon! I want it back! Any Ideas?
    >
    > The Gspace and FTP icons keep going away too, but at least when
    > they disappear from the toolbar, they show back up in the Customize
    > folder.

    See if this page helps:

    --
    Rom