Firefox won't connect with internet - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox won't connect with internet - Mozilla ; I have been using Firefox for six months. I had to disconnect my CPU to add more memory and when I reconnected the computer Firefox doesn't connect with the internet. HOWEVER, Internet Explorer and Outlook do. What do I need ...

  1. Firefox won't connect with internet

    I have been using Firefox for six months. I had to disconnect my CPU to add
    more memory and when I reconnected the computer Firefox doesn't connect with
    the internet. HOWEVER, Internet Explorer and Outlook do. What do I need to
    do to get back to my wonderful Firefox?

    Thanks in advance, Patty

  2. Re: Firefox won't connect with internet

    On 01-05-2008 20:55 CET, Patty Gundry composed this enchanting statement:
    > I have been using Firefox for six months. I had to disconnect my CPU to add
    > more memory and when I reconnected the computer Firefox doesn't connect with
    > the internet. HOWEVER, Internet Explorer and Outlook do. What do I need to
    > do to get back to my wonderful Firefox?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Patty

    Telling that IE and Outlook do connect to the internet does not really
    help here, as you were using Firefox for half a year, already.
    So what's new, only the memory? Any messages or logs on the 'connection
    failure', received any security update, or what ...?

    Did you properly shutdown your system and applications, Firefox in
    particular?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: Firefox won't connect with internet

    I also installed ACT 10.0. But I had installed that before I disconnected
    the CPU and FF was running fine.

    There are no messages that come up, it hangs on trying to load my homepage.
    I did properly shutdown the system before I disconnected.

    Thanks for your help, Melchert. Patty

    "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    > On 01-05-2008 20:55 CET, Patty Gundry composed this enchanting statement:
    >> I have been using Firefox for six months. I had to disconnect my CPU to
    >> add more memory and when I reconnected the computer Firefox doesn't
    >> connect with the internet. HOWEVER, Internet Explorer and Outlook do.
    >> What do I need to do to get back to my wonderful Firefox?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance, Patty
    >>

    > Telling that IE and Outlook do connect to the internet does not really
    > help here, as you were using Firefox for half a year, already.
    > So what's new, only the memory? Any messages or logs on the 'connection
    > failure', received any security update, or what ...?
    >
    > Did you properly shutdown your system and applications, Firefox in
    > particular?
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    > Melchert
    >
    > (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

  4. Re: Firefox won't connect with internet

    "Patty Gundry" wrote in message
    news:RY6dnSw5j9UotIfVnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >I also installed ACT 10.0. But I had installed that before I disconnected
    >the CPU and FF was running fine.
    >
    > There are no messages that come up, it hangs on trying to load my
    > homepage. I did properly shutdown the system before I disconnected.
    >
    > Thanks for your help, Melchert. Patty
    >
    > "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    >> On 01-05-2008 20:55 CET, Patty Gundry composed this enchanting statement:
    >>> I have been using Firefox for six months. I had to disconnect my CPU to
    >>> add more memory and when I reconnected the computer Firefox doesn't
    >>> connect with the internet. HOWEVER, Internet Explorer and Outlook do.
    >>> What do I need to do to get back to my wonderful Firefox?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance, Patty
    >>>

    >> Telling that IE and Outlook do connect to the internet does not really
    >> help here, as you were using Firefox for half a year, already.
    >> So what's new, only the memory? Any messages or logs on the 'connection
    >> failure', received any security update, or what ...?
    >>
    >> Did you properly shutdown your system and applications, Firefox in
    >> particular?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kind regards,
    >> Melchert
    >>
    >> (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

    Uninstall and reboot and reinstall and see what happens? Can't hurt as what
    you have now isn't working.

    Rich

  5. Re: Firefox won't connect with internet

    "Patty Gundry" wrote in message
    news:3qadnRwOs_mhj4fVnZ2dnUVZ_h6hnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >I have been using Firefox for six months. I had to disconnect my CPU to
    >add more memory and when I reconnected the computer Firefox doesn't connect
    >with the internet. HOWEVER, Internet Explorer and Outlook do. What do I
    >need to do to get back to my wonderful Firefox?

    Mine did exact same behavior about a week ago.

    Simple uninstall and reinstall did nothing. Even tried to increase timeouts
    in FF. no dice.

    If you want to search this ng as well as netscape.public.mozilla.browser
    search for my post from about a week ago (search my screen name) to see what
    I did.

    What I finally did that did work was to uninstall everything associated
    with Firefox, including the hidden profile that holds your bookmarks, etc.
    Then did a System Restore (Win XP) to a month ago. A week did nothing.
    After the System Restore, then I reinstalled v 1.5, it worked, let it
    upgrade to 2.0 and all is well again.

    I've used Firefox for at least 2-3 years and never had this happen before, I
    wonder if you and I are unique or mebbe found a bug. I didn't change any
    hardware though,

    Mark

  6. Re: Firefox won't connect with internet

    On 01-05-2008 22:35 CET, Patty Gundry composed this enchanting statement:

    > "Melchert Fruitema" wrote:
    > > On 01-05-2008 20:55 CET, Patty Gundry composed this enchanting statement:
    > >> I have been using Firefox for six months. I had to disconnect my CPU to
    > >> add more memory and when I reconnected the computer Firefox doesn't
    > >> connect with the internet. HOWEVER, Internet Explorer and Outlook do.
    > >> What do I need to do to get back to my wonderful Firefox?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance, Patty
    > >>

    > > Telling that IE and Outlook do connect to the internet does not really
    > > help here, as you were using Firefox for half a year, already.
    > > So what's new, only the memory? Any messages or logs on the 'connection
    > > failure', received any security update, or what ...?
    > >
    > > Did you properly shutdown your system and applications, Firefox in
    > > particular?
    > >

    > I also installed ACT 10.0. But I had installed that before I disconnected
    > the CPU and FF was running fine.
    >
    > There are no messages that come up, it hangs on trying to load my homepage.
    > I did properly shutdown the system before I disconnected.
    >
    > Thanks for your help, Melchert.

    You are welcome. I'll give my search on "cannot load start page" in
    :

    Enjoy! Hope it will let you cure the hiccup.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  7. Re: Firefox won't connect with internet

    Thanks Mark, Melchert and Rich -- I will do what you suggested (Mark) and
    hopefully that will work!

    Patty
    "pheasant" wrote in message
    news:F8qdnXAAjt9vxofVnZ2dnUVZ_h2pnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    > "Patty Gundry" wrote in message
    > news:3qadnRwOs_mhj4fVnZ2dnUVZ_h6hnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>I have been using Firefox for six months. I had to disconnect my CPU to
    >>add more memory and when I reconnected the computer Firefox doesn't
    >>connect with the internet. HOWEVER, Internet Explorer and Outlook do.
    >>What do I need to do to get back to my wonderful Firefox?

    > Mine did exact same behavior about a week ago.
    >
    > Simple uninstall and reinstall did nothing. Even tried to increase
    > timeouts in FF. no dice.
    >
    > If you want to search this ng as well as netscape.public.mozilla.browser
    > search for my post from about a week ago (search my screen name) to see
    > what I did.
    >
    > What I finally did that did work was to uninstall everything associated
    > with Firefox, including the hidden profile that holds your bookmarks, etc.
    > Then did a System Restore (Win XP) to a month ago. A week did nothing.
    > After the System Restore, then I reinstalled v 1.5, it worked, let it
    > upgrade to 2.0 and all is well again.
    >
    > I've used Firefox for at least 2-3 years and never had this happen before,
    > I wonder if you and I are unique or mebbe found a bug. I didn't change
    > any hardware though,
    >

    > Mark

  8. Re: Firefox won't connect with internet

    Just to complete this conversation -- the uninstall and reload to v1.5 (and
    then updating to latest) WORKED. Thanks again to all. Patty

    "pheasant" wrote in message
    news:F8qdnXAAjt9vxofVnZ2dnUVZ_h2pnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    > "Patty Gundry" wrote in message
    > news:3qadnRwOs_mhj4fVnZ2dnUVZ_h6hnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>I have been using Firefox for six months. I had to disconnect my CPU to
    >>add more memory and when I reconnected the computer Firefox doesn't
    >>connect with the internet. HOWEVER, Internet Explorer and Outlook do.
    >>What do I need to do to get back to my wonderful Firefox?

    > Mine did exact same behavior about a week ago.
    >
    > Simple uninstall and reinstall did nothing. Even tried to increase
    > timeouts in FF. no dice.
    >
    > If you want to search this ng as well as netscape.public.mozilla.browser
    > search for my post from about a week ago (search my screen name) to see
    > what I did.
    >
    > What I finally did that did work was to uninstall everything associated
    > with Firefox, including the hidden profile that holds your bookmarks, etc.
    > Then did a System Restore (Win XP) to a month ago. A week did nothing.
    > After the System Restore, then I reinstalled v 1.5, it worked, let it
    > upgrade to 2.0 and all is well again.
    >
    > I've used Firefox for at least 2-3 years and never had this happen before,
    > I wonder if you and I are unique or mebbe found a bug. I didn't change
    > any hardware though,
    >

    > Mark

  9. Re: Firefox won't connect with internet

    Patty Gundry wrote:
    > Just to complete this conversation -- the uninstall and reload to v1.5 (and
    > then updating to latest) WORKED. Thanks again to all. Patty

    AWRIGHT or GROOVY like us old guys remember

+ Reply to Thread