firefox crashing - Mozilla

This is a discussion on firefox crashing - Mozilla ; I have Firefox 2.0.0.14 and whenever I start it, the programme crashes. I tried reinstalling it, and this works at first but after using it again a few time, the same problem comes back and it starts to crash again; ...

  1. firefox crashing

    I have Firefox 2.0.0.14 and whenever I start it, the programme crashes. I
    tried reinstalling it, and this works at first but after using it again a
    few time, the same problem comes back and it starts to crash again; I'm
    running Windows XP.

    I have Firefox on all my other machines which are running XP off Microsoft
    Exchange Server 2003 and they work fine; I've never had this problem with
    Firefox before; usually this type of thing happens with IE.

    Chris.

  2. Re: firefox crashing

    On 01-05-2008 15:44 CET, Chris composed this enchanting statement:
    > I have Firefox 2.0.0.14 and whenever I start it, the programme crashes. I
    > tried reinstalling it, and this works at first but after using it again a
    > few time, the same problem comes back and it starts to crash again; I'm
    > running Windows XP.
    >
    > I have Firefox on all my other machines which are running XP off Microsoft
    > Exchange Server 2003 and they work fine; I've never had this problem with
    > Firefox before; usually this type of thing happens with IE.
    >
    > Chris.

    You'll need to tell us more about the crash?

    When does this happen exactly:
    - at start up, before or
    - after showing of the first page, which one;
    - later on an event, which one?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: firefox crashing

    OK it was crashing whenever I opened it up.

    However I opened it once in Safe Mode, and ever since I did that, it has
    worked fine, in normal mode. No idea why that worked, but it did the trick.

    Chris.
    "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    newsO2dnXMCyre9YoTVnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org...
    > On 01-05-2008 15:44 CET, Chris composed this enchanting statement:
    >> I have Firefox 2.0.0.14 and whenever I start it, the programme crashes. I
    >> tried reinstalling it, and this works at first but after using it again a
    >> few time, the same problem comes back and it starts to crash again; I'm
    >> running Windows XP.
    >>
    >> I have Firefox on all my other machines which are running XP off
    >> Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and they work fine; I've never had this
    >> problem with Firefox before; usually this type of thing happens with IE.
    >>
    >> Chris.
    >>

    > You'll need to tell us more about the crash?
    >
    > When does this happen exactly:
    > - at start up, before or
    > - after showing of the first page, which one;
    > - later on an event, which one?
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    > Melchert
    >
    > (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

+ Reply to Thread