download window - Mozilla

This is a discussion on download window - Mozilla ; It doesn't show progress anymore! I have the box ticked for 'show the download window when downloading a file' Tried reinstalling. Any othe ideas? Roy...

  1. download window

    It doesn't show progress anymore!
    I have the box ticked for 'show the download window when downloading a file'

    Tried reinstalling.

    Any othe ideas?

    Roy

  2. Re: download window

    On 30-04-2008 18:44 CET, roy composed this enchanting statement:
    > It doesn't show progress anymore!
    > I have the box ticked for 'show the download window when downloading a
    > file'
    >
    > Tried reinstalling.
    >
    > Any othe ideas?

    The progress window can be in the background. Check the Window menu.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: download window

    "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    news:mrudnfinHPZMJIXVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 30-04-2008 18:44 CET, roy composed this enchanting statement:
    >> It doesn't show progress anymore!
    >> I have the box ticked for 'show the download window when downloading a
    >> file'
    >>
    >> Tried reinstalling.
    >>
    >> Any othe ideas?
    >>

    > The progress window can be in the background. Check the Window menu.
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    > Melchert
    >
    > (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

    i have tried that, I also tried the "Download Manager Tweak Extension" &
    that dont show as well

    Roy

  4. Re: download window

    roy wrote:
    > "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    > news:mrudnfinHPZMJIXVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> On 30-04-2008 18:44 CET, roy composed this enchanting statement:
    >>> It doesn't show progress anymore!
    >>> I have the box ticked for 'show the download window when downloading a
    >>> file'
    >>>
    >>> Tried reinstalling.
    >>>
    >>> Any othe ideas?
    >>>

    >> The progress window can be in the background. Check the Window menu.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kind regards,
    >> Melchert
    >>
    >> (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

    > i have tried that, I also tried the "Download Manager Tweak Extension" &
    > that dont show as well
    >
    > Roy

    Try deleting or renaming the file 'downloads.rdf', in your profile folder:

    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...story_manually

    --
    Alex K.

  5. Re: download window

    "Alex K." wrote in message
    news:0sSdnUbcXMyy4oTVnZ2dnUVZ_vadnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > roy wrote:
    > > "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    > > news:mrudnfinHPZMJIXVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > >> On 30-04-2008 18:44 CET, roy composed this enchanting statement:

    > >> The progress window can be in the background. Check the Window menu.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Kind regards,
    > >> Melchert
    > >>
    > >> (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

    > > i have tried that, I also tried the "Download Manager Tweak Extension" &
    > > that dont show as well
    > >
    > > Roy
    > >

    > Try deleting or renaming the file 'downloads.rdf', in your profile folder:

    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...story_manually

    > --
    > Alex K.

    Thanx, I'll try that tonight when I get home

    Roy

  6. Re: download window

    "Alex K." wrote in message
    news:0sSdnUbcXMyy4oTVnZ2dnUVZ_vadnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > roy wrote:
    >> "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    >> news:mrudnfinHPZMJIXVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>> On 30-04-2008 18:44 CET, roy composed this enchanting statement:

    >>> The progress window can be in the background. Check the Window menu.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Kind regards,
    >>> Melchert
    >>>
    >>> (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

    >> i have tried that, I also tried the "Download Manager Tweak Extension" &
    >> that dont show as well
    >>
    >> Roy
    >>

    > Try deleting or renaming the file 'downloads.rdf', in your profile folder:
    >
    > http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...story_manually
    >
    > --
    > Alex K.

    that fixed it thanx

    roy

  7. Re: download window

    royc wrote:
    > "Alex K." wrote in message
    > news:0sSdnUbcXMyy4oTVnZ2dnUVZ_vadnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> roy wrote:
    >>> "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    >>> news:mrudnfinHPZMJIXVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> i have tried that, I also tried the "Download Manager Tweak Extension" &
    >>> that dont show as well
    >>>
    >>> Roy
    >>>

    >> Try deleting or renaming the file 'downloads.rdf', in your profile folder:
    >>
    >> http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...story_manually

    > that fixed it thanx

    In the future, you may want to keep the download window cleared out, as
    I do. Once the download completes, I simply click the button to clear it.

    --
    Alex K.

  8. Re: download window

    Alex K. wrote:
    > In the future, you may want to keep the download window cleared out, as
    > I do. Once the download completes, I simply click the button to clear it.

    Or just use the Download Statusbar extension, and have it done
    automatically, according your settings. I couldn't imagine going back
    to the dreadful built-in download manager, at least in the 2.x series
    (from what I understand, it's much improved in 3.x).

    All-in-One Sidebar is kind of cool to use for downloads too, though
    since it's not made exclusively for that, it's not near as powerful.

+ Reply to Thread